• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$19k NSX on Carsales

I thought i would do a community heads-up on the import NSX on Carsales. http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...130D775348C9&__Nne=15&__Qpb=1&seot=1&__N=1216 1247 1252 1282 4294964914 4294965322&silo=1011

I flew into Melb. this morning (that’s another story in its self) to take a look at the 97 NSX for either a track car conversion or for a parts car. In a nutshell its a heap of shit - firstly and which is evident from the pics, its a 91-92 model not a 97 and with the state and condition of the car i doubt the 67ks on the clock is genuine.

The interior is in shocking condition not impeccable and immaculate the guy who is selling the car describes. An aftermarket stereo has been poorly installed with a moulded boom-box fitted between the seats, door trims have damaged tweeters drilled in and the centre console has been modified. The front guards have been repainted with a completely different colour due to them being damaged by the 19" front wheels/tyres. As for the tyres the front and rear are both 19" without the 1-1/2" rolling diameter difference required for the traction control and ABS to work correctly.

Every metal bracket and bolt are rusted and the under bonnet and engine bay in a filthy condition. There’s an aftermarket exhaust fitted and a pod air filter. The front bar is mounted 25mm forward so there’s a massive gap from the bonnet lip and the bar (no idea what’s going on here) The drivers outside door assembly is at a weird angle like the door is bent/misaligned. The front suspension has been raised by about 30-40mm to accommodate the 19" wheels and even at this height they fowl the guards.

Well i might be a bit picky for a $19k car but i wouldn’t pay $10k even if it was Aussie delivered.

If anyone is thinking of travelling interstate to look at this car just be prepared not to expect too much as the guy selling the car cant understand or is aware of how bad of a condition this car is in.

I just don’t want to see anyone be as pissed as i was when i saw the car and to boot the guy selling the car didn’t even bother turning up even though i told him im flying in from interstate and made an appointment with him to view the car.

My 2 cents worth :eek:

Last edited:
I was contemplating having a look at it myself as it seemed like great value, so I appreciate the post. I would only have had to drive there, but from what you say, I'm pleased I didn't waste my time and petrol!!!

Thanks again,

David

I was contemplating having a look at it myself as it seemed like great value, so I appreciate the post. I would only have had to drive there, but from what you say, I'm pleased I didn't waste my time and petrol!!!

Thanks again,

David

If you have some spare time do have a look i was so pissed i forgot to take some close-up picks.

Les

Hi Les,

What area was it in, if it's not too far away I might get the chance to do it over the next few days. Although from what you say, it is hardly worth the trip.

It sounds about as nice as the one that Gray's online sold a couple of years back for an insane amount of money - that also looked good in the photos!!!

Regards,

David

Hi Les,

What area was it in, if it's not too far away I might get the chance to do it over the next few days. Although from what you say, it is hardly worth the trip.

It sounds about as nice as the one that Gray's online sold a couple of years back for an insane amount of money - that also looked good in the photos!!!

Regards,

David

20 Cope Street, Preston just off Bell Street. Give the seller a call first.

Last edited:
You get what you pay for, and sometimes less...

If it sounds too good to be true - your properly right.

When i was driving home from the airport a mate of mine just so happened to be following me so we stopped and had a drink at the nearest pub. He couldn't stop laughing his tits off when i told him what i had just gone through from getting to the airport at 5.00am to cancelled flights and the seller not even bothered to meet me.

Hi Les,

Unfortunately, that's not too close to where I live, so I doubt I will get the chance to get out and have a look at it. Nonetheless, I appreciate you letting me know.

If anything else comes up that you are interested in in Victoria feel free to contact me and I will have a look for you. At least this will save you the time and the flight!

All the best,

David

Hi Les,

Unfortunately, that's not too close to where I live, so I doubt I will get the chance to get out and have a look at it. Nonetheless, I appreciate you letting me know.

If anything else comes up that you are interested in in Victoria feel free to contact me and I will have a look for you. At least this will save you the time and the flight!

All the best,

David

Thanks David :smile:

Thanks Les,
I too spoke to the guy and the story seemed OK(ish) Looking on the web his business seemed a bit dodgy so I didnt jump straight on a plane. I was still thinking about it until I read your post, so thanks!
It might still be worth someone getting as a parts/panels car.

Les we should have co-ordinated mate as I went to see the car on Monday as well! But luckily I didn't have to fly in... I had an appointment on Friday but was told it wasn't available and then again on Monday was told Tuesday. However because I had to fly interstate on Tuesday, he allowed me to view it on Monday.

I can basically confirm everything you have observed as well with the one clarification:
The front bar is mounted 25mm forward so there’s a massive gap from the bonnet lip and the bar (no idea what’s going on here)
It is missing the rubber trim between the bumper and the bonnet. The trim anchoring the rubber to the bumper is rusted away and therefore cannot hold the rubber in place anymore.

The car looks as if it has spent many years abandoned outside in the weather which is why every steel bracket in the car is rusted and the interior foam under the all the leather and plastic trim pieces has perished (including the head lining). Also, the carpet has rotted away under the aftermarket floor mats. Seat leather is hard and cracked.

The tail lights are crazed from UV exposure. Wheel well linings are missing as is the air-conditioning condenser on the passenger side, so I don't believe the AC will be working either but I didn't get that far.

The cars condition means the 68,000 on the odo is unbelievable.

So looking realistically at this cars possibilities, the interior would have to be totally thrown away! Nothing is salvageable! The suspension has been replaced by an unknown (to me) setup, wheels do not fit as Les has said.

So what is a '91 (the build stamp in the engine bay has been removed but VIN states its a NA1) with unknown km on an engine & gearbox with an unregisterable chassis worth???

It's unfortunate to say as I never have thought this possible in a non-crashed NSX but this car is basically scrap value only...

Thanks Les,
I too spoke to the guy and the story seemed OK(ish) Looking on the web his business seemed a bit dodgy so I didnt jump straight on a plane. I was still thinking about it until I read your post, so thanks!
It might still be worth someone getting as a parts/panels car.

Forgot to mention that the company is actually going out of business and there is a "FOR LEASE" out the front so now is practically just an empty warehouse.

So one more consideration I wondered about is: How do you guarantee clear title on a vehicle which has no history in Australia that you bought from a company that doesn't exist anymore???

Les we should have co-ordinated mate as I went to see the car on Monday as well! But luckily I didn't have to fly in... I had an appointment on Friday but was told it wasn't available and then again on Monday was told Tuesday. However because I had to fly interstate on Tuesday, he allowed me to view it on Monday.

I can basically confirm everything you have observed as well with the one clarification: It is missing the rubber trim between the bumper and the bonnet. The trim anchoring the rubber to the bumper is rusted away and therefore cannot hold the rubber in place anymore.

The car looks as if it has spent many years abandoned outside in the weather which is why every steel bracket in the car is rusted and the interior foam under the all the leather and plastic trim pieces has perished (including the head lining). Also, the carpet has rotted away under the aftermarket floor mats. Seat leather is hard and cracked.

The tail lights are crazed from UV exposure. Wheel well linings are missing as is the air-conditioning condenser on the passenger side, so I don't believe the AC will be working either but I didn't get that far.

The cars condition means the 68,000 on the odo is unbelievable.

So looking realistically at this cars possibilities, the interior would have to be totally thrown away! Nothing is salvageable! The suspension has been replaced by an unknown (to me) setup, wheels do not fit as Les has said.

So what is a '91 (the build stamp in the engine bay has been removed but VIN states its a NA1) with unknown km on an engine & gearbox with an unregisterable chassis worth???

It's unfortunate to say as I never have thought this possible in a non-crashed NSX but this car is basically scrap value only...
Thats very sad!:mad:
How can anyone treat a nsx like that.
thats a kin to cruelty to animals.
I feel like finding the original owner and.........................:eek:

Well the add is removed now so I assume that someone did buy it!

Hope that someone intends to restore it or race it! Anyone here???

It looks like two NSX's have just vanished from Carsales, the $19,000 one being one of them. I can't remember the other one, but I'm sure there were seven!

Does anybody know where they have gone???

All the best,

David

Back