• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

99 spa yellow needs engine work jh4na216xxt000080

Just e-mailed him I would drop my spare " Special Motor " into this Car.

it will become a beast.

now does Uhaul rent car trailers?

waiting to see what his reserve is. if it to high then forget it. LOL

yeah But I have done it before but pulling a trailer from WA to FL would be a Bit_h of a haul.

im not getting my hopes up his reserve may be off the wall since it only has 15K miles. his dreams of a huge payday may not come true. LOL

If the running gear is missing that means the engine and transmission - that means he's already sold that off. The car isn't worth the current bid which was probably entered by one of his buddies trying to get the car bid up.

Shawn what would you want to give him? I'd call him - hell offer him what you think you want to pay and see what he says. You did notice that there is not one picture of the interior didn't you- I'd be trying to show someone what they'd be buying wouldn't you think - I mean what's the guy hiding? This one smells funny to me!

Ah... what a shame. Another case of someone with F'd up priorities. Money for wheels. Money for turbo... Money to get it done right? nope. Money to fix it? nope. Money to keep up on other maintenance as it sits and rots? nope.

Id add the VIN to the "beware" list personally since eventually I suspect this thing will be hacked back together and be represented as a 15k mi virgin.

Reserve is off boys, shawn max 25k no more. Cas has potential of 45k if done right. I think as fellow primers we should document these cars with the vin so who ever buys them knows the story. Who knows 20 years from now this car might get a new owner and they will stumble on this thread..

27k for the car with no engine or transmission. Ouch. I don't know the guy but he also had questionable feedback. If you look at the Autocheck that Ebay provides it appears to have been a Florida car with no history in Washington state. The picture shows a Washington tag so either Autocheck is wrong or he has a bogus tag on the car. Buyer beware.

I just e-mailed the guy to confirm heres my e-mail

Hello,
was wondering if this car didnt have an engine at some point?

we have it down as not having an engine and transmission. on 6-30-2011

also carfax shows this car as being in Florida and sold or is currently in Washington

VIN # T000080

let us know.

Shawn

let do some fishing guys.

and save all pics and VIN's if available name the pic the VIN and you will always have a record.

we all need to do this so we can have a complete record of all the NSX's

Also the real catch here is he states clean title and never wrecked.

when you see a NSX for sale on E-bay for example if its mint and never been in a wreck they dont even mention it as its a given.

when you go buy a new car do you ask the salesman if this 2012
0-mile mint car sitting on the showroom floor has ever been in a wreck or does it have a clean title?

NO it doesnt need to be asked

same kinda thing so something is up

he replied to my email

" you are correct, engine was stolen while it sat at a repair shop, it has been replaced "

so if you guys find an engine for sale with this VIN its a stolen engine

the plot thickens

Last edited:
if anyone wants info on this car PM me its a long story from the owner
still a good price and I think worth it.

how the engine went missing is a real crazy story

was on the phone with the owner for 2 hours.

it might even be related to the NSX I am about to purchase in Miami
that also missing an engine and transmission

Miami and NewYork are linked in this that makes Anthony Soprano look like he is a rear person LOL

crazy stuff guys.

I get irritated by ads that say "I don't really want/need to sell this car, just checking to see if someone will give me a ridiculous offer for it."

Back