• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kip Olson Wreck

Coz

Legendary Member
SHIT :frown:

But the video is posted on May 5th, and Shad built the car with the highest standard. Chances are Kip is unscratched but may burn a hole in his wallet to get the monster working as before!!

Last edited:
What really sucks is he was just cruising along and got caught up in it.

SHIT :frown:

But the video is posted on May 5th, and Shad built the car with the highest standard. Chances are Kip is unscratched but may burn a hole in his wallet to get the monster working as before!!

Holy crap! That looked like glancing blow but a real hard hit. I wonder why Kip was slowing down? Debris or letting these three duel w/o getting caught up in it? Either way, really hope Kip is ok. :biggrin:

that is the wrong way to go out:mad: Kip probably never saw it coming, I could say thats racing but there will be significant repairs and downtime:frown: I hope Kip is unhurt.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/numLu2Kz6n8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/numLu2Kz6n8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Yes, i've seen the video before it even hit youtube.

I've also seen the NSX in the trailer after the accident when I dropped the NSX for the intercooler swap and saw the rebuilding while I picked up the NSX.

It's probably done by now.

let's just say that I'm really amazed that the NSX is a lot stronger and the accident looked worse in the video with all the debris (mostly from the camaro) and dust. The camaro driver had to be airlifted.

Kip was a little sore but didn't need ER assistance. He shrugged it off. The guy drives earth movers.

Re: In the wrong place.........

or actually the right place? :confused:

I don't remember the details of how, but I think I recall Kip saying that it was fortunate for the Camaro driver that he hit Kip and didn't just fly off the track and roll more than he did.

Kip's not racing much and laying low because he's busy working, and building a new house and keeping the team management (wife) happy. Mrs. Olson didn't raise no fool. :biggrin:

Re: In the wrong place.........

I don't remember the details of how, but I think I recall Kip saying that it was fortunate for the Camaro driver that he hit Kip and didn't just fly off the track and roll more than he did.

Wow, talk about being magnanimous. That's incredible. I'm glad kip is ok.

Pardon my ignorance but in a case like this, can Kip financially go after the person who caused the crash (in terms of damages to his vehicle)

Nope...not really..it's racing and this stuff happens, unfortunately.

Pardon my ignorance but in a case like this, can Kip financially go after the person who caused the crash (in terms of damages to his vehicle)

Re: Let's be safe out there...........

Nope...not really..it's racing and this stuff happens, unfortunately.
True enough. However if there was something malicious and criminal involved, then it's not just racing. I've seen some intentional wheel banging and some horrifically inept driving going on in an actual race but I've never heard of a lawsuit making it to court.

$hit, we're just happy to see some penalties applied and that doesnt' happen often enough. If I had time, I'd link to a video of a guy hitting me in T-9 at Thunderhill; the worst place on the track to try a competitive pass. He didn't get so much as a handslap because I didn't have the time and energy to pursue it. Ya gotta have video because too often the corner worker didn't see it clearly enough or is not experienced enough to know what he saw.

Anytime you're on the track, someone can ruin your day.:mad::mad:

Re: Let's be safe out there...........

That's the sad part about racing, you can get trashed and not even be your fault...

True enough. However if there was something malicious and criminal involved, then it's not just racing. I've seen some intentional wheel banging and some horrifically inept driving going on in an actual race but I've never heard of a lawsuit making it to court.

$hit, we're just happy to see some penalties applied and that doesnt' happen often enough. If I had time, I'd link to a video of a guy hitting me in T-9 at Thunderhill; the worst place on the track to try a competitive pass. He didn't get so much as a handslap because I didn't have the time and energy to pursue it. Ya gotta have video because too often the corner worker didn't see it clearly enough or is not experienced enough to know what he saw.

Anytime you're on the track, someone can ruin your day.:mad::mad:

The way it looks to me, the green car was un-sighted as Kip slowed and moved left to pass the slowing race car on the his right. The green car went left to slip past Kip but was squeezed by the closeness of the track edge and clipped Kip as Kip kept drifting left to avoid the slowing car on his right.

Pure racing incident and $hit happens on a race track.

I thought it was Kip's car on the far right minding his own business being passed by both the Firebird and Camaro.

The way it looks to me, the green car was un-sighted as Kip slowed and moved left to pass the slowing race car on the his right. The green car went left to slip past Kip but was squeezed by the closeness of the track edge and clipped Kip as Kip kept drifting left to avoid the slowing car on his right.

Pure racing incident and $hit happens on a race track.

Last edited:
Back