• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 92 Berlina Black Build Progress

Hi, my name is Tae from Maryland and wanted to share my build with those interested in seeing another NSX build. I bought it in March, 2011 from MA and drove it back to Maryland w/o any music/radio. I loved it !! lol

Little history of the car -It was bone stock with 29846 miles on it with just one previous owner. Timing/compressor/alternator belts changed in June 11/2010 @29745 miles. (all services and parts were replaced by Acura of Boston over the years and I have all the receipts from the previous owner) Replaced parts incl, ECU, r/l door regulator, speakers/grill, speed sensor, antenna assy, r/l taillight assy, both valve cover gaskets, all rear cam end plugs, oil pan gasket, rear trunk strut.opener, thermostat, drive/passenger inside door handle......etc

Bone_Stock.jpg

When I picked it up, there were couple of dings on the car along with rusted calipers/faded wiper.

Faded_wiper.jpg

Wiper blades Removed/prepped/and painted

faded_wiper_fixed.jpg

All four calipers romved/sand blasted/prepped/and painted

Rusted_Calipers.jpg

Soon after its arrival, I installed Sciece of Speed (SOS) braided brake lines/power slot rotors/motul brake fluids/hawk HPS brake pads, 18/19 BBS LMs/BBS red caps/BBS lugs/and KW3

New_wheels.jpg

and here is the new stance after

News_stance.jpg

The quality of the ride with KW3/Goodyear F1 is just simply amazing !!

Next mod - Exhaust !! It was just too quite for my taste. I ordered the Pride V2 exhaust system from Mark (Great guy to deal with !!!) and SOS test pipe.

Pride_V2_with_SOS_test_pipe.jpg

Next mod - DF carbon fiber type-r spoiler

Copy_of_DF_CF_type-r_spoiler.jpg

installed exhaust/test pipe/spoiler

Copy_of_Exhaust_and_Spolier_on.jpg

New stance with 35% tint added

New_Stance_2.jpg

Last edited:
Next mod - My engine bay looking little dirty/plain so I decided to add a little flavor to it - red wrinkle finish in my $7.99 Uhual moving box :cool:

Red_Wrinkle_Finish.jpg

Installed/cleaned my engine bay

Red_Wrinkle_Finish_1.jpg

Oh and I was bored while waiting for my paint to dry so i decided to remove the NSX sticker from the center tail light

Removed_NSX_1.jpg

Removed_NSX.jpg

Next mod - Side view of my car looked just too plain so decided to give alittle accent to it. I's b-pillar/side vent/DF AIS/DF rear window garnish

DF_AIS.jpg

Copy_of_DF_rear_garnish.jpg

Here is before
replacing_b-pillar_and_side_vent1.jpg

and after
Copy_of_B-pillar_and_side_vent_installed.jpg

Last edited:
The wheels look great on the car, nice choice. Also really like the wing, I think I may want to grab one for my '92 BB as well. But my favorite thing in the photo is the Sox cap, GO RED SOX!

I'm waiting on ITB setup from SOS/Comptech headers/and lexan hatch. This little beauty came in and I had to just lay it over the factory rear hatch....just to see it :tongue:

Copy_of_Cantrell_Concepts_scoop.jpg

Test_fit.jpg

Next mod - few interior pieces. I found the red stitching DIY on the forum so I decided to do it on mine.

Red_stitching.jpg

It looks realllllly good in person and completely changed the look.

Then I ordered my new seats (OEM seats were old/ripped)/steering wheel setup

Recaro_Seats.jpg

Recaro_seats_1.jpg

New_steering_wheel.jpg

New_steering_wheel_1.jpg

I'm still waiting on my SOS seat rails so the seats are just collecting dust in my living room

Last edited:
Next mod - headliner/inner A/B pillar/visor wrap in deep black Alcantara. I sourced the fabric from Jeff (Vrooom, another GREAT guy..item was shipped the same day I paid)

Removing_gray.jpg

Parts -

little process pictures
prep.jpg

Prep1.jpg

making_my_visor.jpg

Headliner.jpg

Copy_of_finished.jpg

Visors_done.jpg

Visor.jpg

Last edited:
Next little mod - matching shift booth/knob/e-brake cover (I sourced these from Ben from Daisy Import Auto here in Maryland. His UID on the forum is "redbird92". Another GREAT person..he has so many OEM parts in stock at his shop so no waiting time :tongue:. Send him a PM if you are looking for parts../short gear stalk/Dave's short shift kit

New_boots.jpg

New_shifter_and_Dave_s_short_shifter.jpg

During the progress, I had to replace the brake master/slave cylinder, and my rear driver side axle rebuilt

Copy_of_Axle.jpg

Axle_out.jpg

Ben (redbird92) @ Daisy did an awsome job on rebuilding my axle. Us Marylanders are lucky to have a skilled/honest NSX guru near us !!

Random picture of my car with my friend's FC Rx7 we built over the winter
random_with_linh_s_ride1.jpg

And here's me about to teach these boys one or two things about the handling power of our beloved NSX :tongue:
NB_ride.jpg

To be continued....( Chris/SOS called me today and said they are shipping out my ITB setup :cool::cool: and Comptech shipped out my headers !! I will document everything !!

Last edited:
Its looking great so far. I got the same fabric from Vroom also, he is great a guy to deal with. Cant wait to see more!

Headliner and visors look great. The Black really updates the interior nicely.

Are you kidding me?????

MAD SKILLS

BAD TO BONE

nice work will be watching this build

Where are you in Md? I'd like to see the red interior stiching in person and maybe get some tips on trying it myself?
I take my car to Ben's too. Where you the one he was telling me who was eyeing up my new steering wheel? :cool::tongue:

you are a talented diyer:eek:

Back