• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need some Advice.....

Hey guys, I have a chance to buy a 2004 Red/tan with 40,000mi. Carfax checks out, pretty good service records, good ppi, very clean well taken care of car. I would be the 4th owner. TB and WP not done. I'm lookin at 53,000. Good deal??

i think thats a great deal

Thanks for the reply....I'm pickin' her up in the morning!

If that car has a good ppi - the clutch is in good shape and you say the records are pretty good - like how? What has been done for the car?

Still the TB/WP is just now due - I think that red/tan is a dynamite combo - you are lucky - 40k isn't too many miles but it's certainly been driven - that's about 6k a year and that's fine. If there is no paint work then I'd say it's a fair deal - not super but fair. The TB/WP will take around 1500 or 1700 something like that. Did you get them down on the price a little or is that their asking price. Sounds like you've made the deal so no worries mate - it's not like you have to take it right to the shop. Are you driving it home - did you find it in your local area? Or do you have the chance for a nice long drive to bond with it! That's always a nice thing.

I know you'll enjoy it! We want pictures - inside and out. I've always said if I was to get a red car it would have to have a tan interior! Good luck to you and welcome aboard!

I think thats a really good deal personally... I wouldnt let a clean 04 with 40k go for any less than that short of duress :D

If it had TB/WP, Id charge that right to the buyer :cool:

Nice to know my car still keeping its value :), just hit 41k

Yeah,I'm in S. Jersey and the car is less than an hour from my house. That's why I initially went to look at it...In the 5 years that I've been lookin' for an Nsx I've never seen an 02+ red/tan for sale in this area. I literally almost fell off my chair when I saw the add.It only appeared online for a day or so.And yes I haggled the price down a bit.I also agree good price but not spectacular.It pretty much came down to...when am I ever gonna get the chance to buy a car like this so close to home,and in the color combo that I wanted.....So I pulled the trigger..Clutch is good,tires have 4,000 on them..My plan is to take her to Larry B's sometime in the next couple of months..(hopefully). Anyhow I will definetly post some pics when I get her home...Hope to meet some of guys, and thanks for the replys...drew

Yeah,I'm in S. Jersey and the car is less than an hour from my house. That's why I initially went to look at it...In the 5 years that I've been lookin' for an Nsx I've never seen an 02+ red/tan for sale in this area. I literally almost fell off my chair when I saw the add.It only appeared online for a day or so.And yes I haggled the price down a bit.I also agree good price but not spectacular.It pretty much came down to...when am I ever gonna get the chance to buy a car like this so close to home,and in the color combo that I wanted.....So I pulled the trigger..Clutch is good,tires have 4,000 on them..My plan is to take her to Larry B's sometime in the next couple of months..(hopefully). Anyhow I will definetly post some pics when I get her home...Hope to meet some of guys, and thanks for the replys...drew

Based on your reaction, I'd say it is a great deal. A clean NSX is getting harder to come by everyday. Enjoy it. :smile:

when am I ever gonna get the chance to buy a car like this so close to home,and in the color combo that I wanted.....So I pulled the trigger..

agree, if it checked out ok then pounce on it...
fair deal for an 04 w/ 40k miles in good shape

if it check out, and your ready to buy, pull the trigger. Like you said, its the color and close to your home, so what if you paid 1 or 2 grand more, its all worth it, these cars are harder to find in clean condition especially 02-05 due to the limited number produce. Pull the trigger before someone else does and you will be kicking yourself. good luck.

Exactly. If it's the car you want, don't let a couple thousand stand in the way. In the long run, two thousand doesn't mean that much. The price seems right too.

if it check out, and your ready to buy, pull the trigger. Like you said, its the color and close to your home, so what if you paid 1 or 2 grand more, its all worth it, these cars are harder to find in clean condition especially 02-05 due to the limited number produce. Pull the trigger before someone else does and you will be kicking yourself. good luck.

Sounds like a great deal. And, you are smart to take it to Larry, though it sounds like it won't need much other than TB/WP and maybe hoses.

welcome to ownership.....great choice on service:wink: Now hopefuly you can share your enthusiasm with over 100 other owners from all over the world at xpo:biggrin:

Sounds like you did well... especially since it is the color combo you wanted and in your area... transporting can cost a couple grand extra.

The Wiki shows 20 New Formula Red/Tan MT cars in 04 to the USA. Figuring you wanted the latest style, that would have left 22 '05's, and 15 03's.

So I believe you did well ... you can enjoy it now and not have to keep look'n high and low to find another. :biggrin:

It sounds like it is a very nice car... we are anticipating the picturres.

Back