• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed ECU ROM tune service

PROSPEED ECU ROM TUNE SERVICE!

It is finally here after 10 months of development and hours and hours on the dyno we are offer dyno proven ecu upgrades for the 91 to 94 NSX. Auto and Manual.

Here are the stages-

stage 1 basic/filter and exhaust only 8 to 12 HP 8-15 lbs of torque

stage 2 intake/filter, header, exhaust 10-17 hp 10-18 lbs of torque <--- our most popular Rom.

stage 3 custom ROM tune for N/A application 10-20+ hp depending on compression and mods

stage 4 is available for local NSX owners in the so Cali area. Includes custom tuned ROM specifically for their mods. Dyno tuning is $150 an hour.

We are in development for boost applications.

RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT

What was involved in the development included tuning on a dynojet dyno with a wide band O2 sensor.
We tuned fuel and ignition timing including part throttle tuning to improve throttle response and retain your original gas mileage. We also adjust vtec and rev-limit according to the application. It will also pass smog if the vehicle pass smog before.

This by far superior to any chip that is available for the NSX market. Many "chips" on the market are one off chips with not much dyno testing. Most people haven't even dynoed their cars before and after the ecu mod to really know if it helped. We spent a lot of time on developing this and we believe it will help out our community.

DETAILS

Dyno: Dynojet

The car has about 62,XXX miles on it
Mods- Stock airbox with comptech filter, Taitec GTLW exhaust, Top Speed Headers, Prospeed Stage 2 Rom Chip.

Note: We forgot to delete the older text that says "prospeed chip version 2" and "Airfilter with 3.5 velocity stack" We did some extra tuning with it and made the same hp so we kept the existing OEM airbox.

STAGE 2 ROM
364bf414.jpg

RESULTS

Blue line indicates run with only comptech filter, taitec GTLW exhaust, and Top Speed Headers.

Purple line indicated run with comptech filter, taitec GTLW exhaust, Top Speed Headers, and Prospeed Rom Stage 2

-Peak 270 HP with 204ft lbs of torque
-As you can see we picked up around 8 hp to 14 hp Throughout the powerband. 11hp at 7000rpm.
-The NSX saw excellent gains in torque gain from 8ft lbs of torque to 15ft lbs of torque.
-I was impressed with the torque from around 3000 to 5000 as we gain around 15ft lbs of torque throughout. All in all i was able to squeeze a little more power and smooth out the graph. I personally feel it was worth the extra time on the dyno.
-Noticeable power increase.

The results speak for themselves.
- 8-12 wheel hp between 3000-6500 RPM.
- 10-15 ft/lb torque increase between 2800-6500 RPM.
- Flat and smooth power band throughout.
- vtec lowered to 5600 rpm.
- rev-limit raised to 8200 rpm.
- TCS fully functional
- Fuel economy unchanged

What is included in our Rom Tune Service?

Prospeed ROM tuned ecu chip, zif socket and installation. Ecu needs to be sent to us. The ecu needs to be sent to us for prepping and installation. For $25 more we offer next day air back to you in the Continental US. We will return the ecu in perfect running condition including your original OEM chip.

UPDATE

-NORMAL PRICE Stage 1 and Stage 2 Now Just $349 This includes free installation and free ground shipping. Next day air is an additional $25.

-We also offer custom rev limits either 8000rpm or 8200 rpm rev limits.

-Please look at the testimony in this thread from the many happy NSX members with our Stage 1 or 2 Rom Tune and decide if it is right for you!

We stand by our product and guarantee hp increase.
please contact me by PM

Re: Prospeed ECU ROM tune service!

i'm tempted to get this because i can afford it now and you are local, but ultimately i will be getting headers... so should i wait?

Ideally you want to make sure you get headers and exhaust if you wish to go with our stage 3 rom which is the most popular. You can get it now and get gains but when you throw on the headers you will notice a larger gain with the Rom tune as it was tuned for the basic I/H/E combination. Let me know! Thanks!

My planned mods are:

1. HyTech headers & exhaust
2. Toda cam gears.

My questions are:

1. Which ProSpeed setup would be most appropriate?
2. What should occur first, the ECU tune or the tuning in of the cam gears?

Thanks.

My planned mods are:

1. HyTech headers & exhaust
2. Toda cam gears.

My questions are:

1. Which ProSpeed setup would be most appropriate?
2. What should occur first, the ECU tune or the tuning in of the cam gears?

Thanks.

Hi,

Sounds like you have a unique setup. Typically the cam gears need to be tuned first before we do any tuning. You are a candidate for the stage 4 tuning which is a custom rom tune for your set up. That would be ideal. The stage 3 rom will work as well but once you start adjusting the cam gears it will change things up.

Finally got a dyno on my car with the Prospeed ECU and Prospeed Hi-flow cats. 250hp/189tq. Slightly modded AP2 S2K's were pushing 201hp/149tq on the same dyno, same day.

Details:
1991 3.0L with 115k miles
Stock USDM 5 speed transmission
Comptech headers
Prospeed Hi-flow cats
Comptech Exhaust
Prospeed ECU Stage 3
Stock air box with unifilter
OEM injectors with 115k miles

EPSON001.JPG

EPSON002.JPG

Last edited:
dablackgoku: Thank you for putting up your dyno sheet. :smile:

I'm sure the car feels a lot better throughout the RPM band!

Thanks Brian for the chip... lovin' it, more responsive, and definitely feels quicker. on the drive home this is what I kept thinking...

Borat-VeryNice.jpg

Happy New Years! Pm for a great mod! =)

Heres Loc's NSX with headers and stage 3 rom tune. The dotted green line is the stage 3. The Purple line is the stage 3 tuned with 410cc RDX injectors. We are still working on finishing the vtec AFR to maximize power up top. Stay tuned for updates!

attachment.php

Last edited:

Heres Loc's NSX with headers and stage 3 rom tune. The dotted green line is the stage 3. The Purple line is the stage 3 tuned with 410cc RDX injectors. We are still working on finishing the vtec AFR to maximize power up top. Stay tuned for updates!

Bump for any further news on this, REALLY interested since I've got some RDX injectors laying around from a K20 powered rally car...

Last edited:

Bump for any further news on this, REALLY interested since I've got some RDX injectors laying around from a K20 powered rally car...

Hang in tight it's in the works!

UPDATE!

New Pricing listed below. Disregard the pricing in the original post.

Stage 1-3 is $299 Shipped
Stage 4 Custom ROM tune is $349

I will be running a special for the next week if you guys are interested. Thanks!

Brian

Last edited:
One of the best bang for the buck mods for the NSX!

Here are some previous ROM Tune AFR and before and after DYNO runs and video

The car is a 91 NSX with Uni air filter, Topspeed Headers, Prospeed High Flow Cats, Taitec GTLW exhaust and Prospeed Stage 3 ROM. The run shows a before run with a stock ECU vs the Stage 3 ROM upgrade from us.

ProspeedTestsAFRweb.jpg

ProspeedTestsPWR1-1.jpg

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/coldfizzle/MVI_8367.mp4">

PM me for special pricing running through till the end of the month.

Last edited:
Re: Prospeed ECU ROM tune service - Great service

First I must say that Brian is very friendly and knows his stuff. I was in and out in less that an hour.

Now for the fun stuff---
I had a stage 3 ROM done and on the way home I can feel the midrange power is better and throttle response is immediate. I have not gone on the track yet but I know with the lowed VTEC engagement I will have more power on tap coming out a 3rd gear corner. Thank you Brian.

I will be back next year for the RDX and custom tune!:big grin:

Erik
http://www.outrageousracing.com/

Back