• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tampa Trip

Hi guys,

I'll be heading to Tampa at the end of this month for a few days for R&R. Most of the time i'll be in downtown and at the beaches around St. Petersburg. Any places in particular I should check out? I've searched through google, but would like the locals help me out if possible. Looking for chill time, bars, and clubs. Thanks a bunch.

Long

Last edited:
whats your age? and are you with the wife? bringing any kids? what area is your hotel in. if your staying in downtown St-Pete bring a gun Tampa ran out all the lower income groups to st-pete so your may get killed in St-pete.
If you are bringing kids and a wife then check out Fort Desoto park its very kid friendly and has a real Fort with cannons.

Hire a fishing guide, swim at Clearwater beach, Undertoe bar, Dali Museum, Don Cesar for a drink at sunset, best steak in the COUNTRY, BERN'S. bernssteakhouse.com If you can't get a reservation (highly recommended!!!) you can get there early and eat in the bar.

Dress to impress and lots of Milf's for eye candy.

If you are into t!tty bars Tampa's are worth checking out. :rolleyes:

whats your age? and are you with the wife? bringing any kids? what area is your hotel in. if your staying in downtown St-Pete bring a gun Tampa ran out all the lower income groups to st-pete so your may get killed in St-pete.
If you are bringing kids and a wife then check out Fort Desoto park its very kid friendly and has a real Fort with cannons.

28, no wife or kids. 2 other guys coming along. hotel is Indigo Hotel off third ave and 2nd st. gun eh? not sure if i can bring those over the plane. probably will have to check it in.

Downtown St Pete is about as dangerous as the Sta-puff marshmallow man.

St Petersburg has plenty of beaches just down the road, no need to go all the way to Clearwater. The 'Hurricane' is probably the most popular bar on the beach - large with an open air deck on the roof.

Downtown St Pete has lots to do too. From baseball at the Trop to really fine dining at the Vinoy. Doesn't sound like fine dining's on the agenda though.

The Tampa trip sounds like it's just up your alley!

Downtown St Pete is about as dangerous as the Sta-puff marshmallow man.

St Petersburg has plenty of beaches just down the road, no need to go all the way to Clearwater. The 'Hurricane' is probably the most popular bar on the beach - large with an open air deck on the roof.

Downtown St Pete has lots to do too. From baseball at the Trop to really fine dining at the Vinoy. Doesn't sound like fine dining's on the agenda though.

The Tampa trip sounds like it's just up your alley!

Fine dining is perfectly fine, if we're able to find a couple of ladies on the way. Hurricane sounds like a great place. do the beaches have alcohol stands? where would be the best place to chill on the beach with a mai tai and cigar?

No alcohol stands on the beach itself. The bars are across the street from parking and the beach itself. Other than the aforementioned Hurricane, there are a few eclectic places - Shadrack's comes to mind for pool and beer. And, this is on St Pete Beach. There are more - Treasure Island, Indian Rocks Beach, Pasedena all in close procimity

Now you have to know, I lived and played in St Pete and on the beaches about the time your parents were born. I do go back from time to time to show a lady met on the net my old stomping grounds - it's a great ride in the NSX - and it hasn't changed all that much in 40 years.

Caddies on St Pete beach is great. Lots of hot ladies and you can drink on the beach. Also Gators on the pass (St johns pass) is great on Sundays. If you want to check out a famous and great strip club Mons Venus in Tampa is the place. Fishing charters out of Clearwater are great also.

No alcohol stands on the beach itself. The bars are across the street from parking and the beach itself. Other than the aforementioned Hurricane, there are a few eclectic places - Shadrack's comes to mind for pool and beer. And, this is on St Pete Beach. There are more - Treasure Island, Indian Rocks Beach, Pasedena all in close procimity

Now you have to know, I lived and played in St Pete and on the beaches about the time your parents were born. I do go back from time to time to show a lady met on the net my old stomping grounds - it's a great ride in the NSX - and it hasn't changed all that much in 40 years.

if only i could bring the NSX. that would be awesome.

Caddies on St Pete beach is great. Lots of hot ladies and you can drink on the beach. Also Gators on the pass (St johns pass) is great on Sundays. If you want to check out a famous and great strip club Mons Venus in Tampa is the place. Fishing charters out of Clearwater are great also.

Strip clubs! Now you've got my attention :biggrin:.

Last edited:
Downtown st pete has lots of great bars and clubs. Its a good night life there. Indigo hotel seems like a very nice small hotel, near downtown. Check out Beach Dr for places to eat, Central ave for some bars and clubs. Drive out to the beach. Caddys and Gators are good spots on the beach for drinks and socializing.

Downtown st pete has lots of great bars and clubs. Its a good night life there. Indigo hotel seems like a very nice small hotel, near downtown. Check out Beach Dr for places to eat, Central ave for some bars and clubs. Drive out to the beach. Caddys and Gators are good spots on the beach for drinks and socializing.

hey, Whatwas... you coming down Saturday for Cars and Coffee? It's a nice ride over the Skyway to Sarasota.

Back