• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 1991 Berlina Black NSX Restoration

Congrates, enjoy her awesome job!

Thanks! I wanted to take it out this weekend, but it's 109 degrees today in the Inland Empire. :mad:

man what a fast and great build:smile:

sickkk

Thanks for the compliment :)

You're like my brother from another mother. I can certainly understand the joy in restoring a car and making it better in all the ways you've done. Outstanding work.

After taking apart so many other cars and then taking apart the NSX. I completely agree - This car was crafted. Just imagine the engineering and coordination effort just to get all those pieces designed to work together so well like that.

Oh, it's also nice to see Nero have a change of heart as this thread progressed! haha

Thanks! In my eyes, its the only way of doing things. If you're not willing to do it the right way, then leave it be and save your money. :smile:

i love this build project..... this guy spares NO EXPENSE!!!! Some of those OEM items he's purchased put together probably amount to more than the NSX itself... wow! .... i love ppl with bottomless wallets!!! Great work!

I've had a mostly change of heart :) I personally would have shaved off the ridiculous factory antenna while doing all this work but sounds like the owner wants it all oem ;) The car is absolutely stunning, but for me there's still the performance aspect to enhance. Could use headers, short gears, non compliance everything, chassis reinforcement, bbk, etc. to go along with its stellar new looks. Sounds like OP has the cash to do it so maybe he can fill us in on the future plans, if any. I probably woulda still bought a newer car to be more cost effective except that this car is a coupe, which maybe worth all the extra trouble. Plus it has a throttle cable so it is primed for some itb action! A huge bummer about the 95+ cars is the drive by wire and obdii for me. Congrats to the owner, it came a long way really fast! Enjoy it! Now give us a ton more photos for wallpaper!! =D

Trust me, I am just like anyone else here and budget things as much as possible. I just put my money into areas, where most never consider I guess? It may look intimidating, but really does not cost all that much. Especially when I did everything myself, and got a little break on the OEM parts from Acura. As I stated earlier, if anyone needs help or direction. Feel free to PM me.

This worked out great for me, as someone mentioned earlier "why not buy a 02-05". I am in this car, for a lot less then what your average 02-05 would cost. Granted, this will never be an 02-05 (i know that), but then again, budget and enjoyment wise- this route makes more sense (for me). I would recommend to any NSX enthusiast, that has the itch of modifying their cars, to take this route.

Next I am still crossed between sticking with N/A or going with LoveFab's Street Turbo system, which is roughly around 400+ WHP. Also, in the process of ordering Black Pole Position Recaros for the interior (Thanks to Tae!), and so on.

Again, these are things I did not feel at liberty of doing to a virgin 03 NSX, that I spent a good penny on (for its originality, color and mileage). This car, after it is all set and done, I will still be in it for less then what your average 02-05. Guranteed. :smile:

Can you supply part numbers to the front weather strippings and gaskets. I am changing my current to new also. >>Copied from your post above, "Installed new weather seals for the hood, windshield washer squirters and seals, bumper to fender weather seals, and headlight to hood seals. All OEM Honda stuff. Also, put the OEM mirrors back together with new OEM gaskets.

Thanks
Gil

PM sent. :smile:

I want to congratulate you on one amazing job. This is probably one of the best rebuild projects I have ever seen. Absolutely prestine! :eek:

agreed. one of the best and detailed restoration builds on the net. his pursuit for perfection is admirable, yah?

I can't find the bodyshop online. Is there a link to them?

now lets get some sexy profile + a$$ shots!

btw are you a pro/independent photographer? some of these photos are really really well done.

Not just an A+ BUT an A+++++!:biggrin:

Thanks, Tyler!

I want to congratulate you on one amazing job. This is probably one of the best rebuild projects I have ever seen. Absolutely prestine! :eek:

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. I have been getting a lot of PM's, in regards to people who are looking to restore their NSX's.

I am up for helping any other prime members out, so feel free to PM me.

agreed. one of the best and detailed restoration builds on the net. his pursuit for perfection is admirable, yah?

I can't find the bodyshop online. Is there a link to them?

Thanks, again, Appreciate the compliment. :)

Prestige Autobody & Restoration
(951) 403-2012

now lets get some sexy profile + a$$ shots!

btw are you a pro/independent photographer? some of these photos are really really well done.

Thanks, I shoot with an old SLR camera, that still seems to keep up with todays camera quality. I wanted to get some more shots of the car, this weekend. However, its was 108 yesterday, and today its 109 degrees outside! I am relaxing in the house with the A/C on :D

Last edited:
Here is a few more shots, from the last set of pics.

nsxdone1.jpg

nsxfattyrear.jpg

thanks for their number.

i was hoping they had a website or a yelp but it seems that none are available.

how'd you hear about them if you dont' mind me asking?

Just like you, i'm very particular and specific on what i want.. I want a thorough process of assembly without any parts missing when put back together..

I've seen too many shops that put back a car together "incomplete". I've checked several shops around here and I'm just not happy with them.

Also, I know factory NSX paint is amazing quality. Do you feel as if Prestige can come close to duplicating the factory job?

Absolutely superb! Your hobby and patience certainly paid off huge.

I'll keep this thread as a sticky for when and if I do another +02 conversion.

SICK!!

with the supercharger + your current crazy wheels i'm sure many of us would love to see that!

Wow. Very impressive. I've really want the 02+ update now. I just bought my 92 Berlina Black/Black in April. I already have the 02 rear valence. Now, I'm definitely putting my car up for sale and try to get an 02+. I was thinking of just updating mine, but for me its more cost efficient I think to just buy an 02 already. Good job on the update.

thanks for their number.

i was hoping they had a website or a yelp but it seems that none are available.

how'd you hear about them if you dont' mind me asking?

Just like you, i'm very particular and specific on what i want.. I want a thorough process of assembly without any parts missing when put back together..

I've seen too many shops that put back a car together "incomplete". I've checked several shops around here and I'm just not happy with them.

Also, I know factory NSX paint is amazing quality. Do you feel as if Prestige can come close to duplicating the factory job?

I feel very confident, without expressing a biased opinion and saying that you or anyone will amazed with Prestige Autobody & Restoration's work. Also, how much cheaper they charge vs. other bodyshops.

I am very picky when it comes to paint, and bodywork, also on fitment and finish. I have been through 2 handful of bodyshop, ove the span of 15 yrs., and always seem to get the same thing. Missing nuts and bolts, wrong hardware, broken promises on when something would be ready, and the finish. A buddy of mine who owns an Lamborghini Gallardo Super Leggera recommended me to Prestige. I saw the paint work, and fitment he did on his 35k kit for his Gallardo, and was blown away. Been using them, ever since. :)

Also, to answer your question from my personal opinion. Their paint quality, is far superior to the NSX factory paint (compared to my virgin LBBP 03). Also, another big thing with me, is his nothing leaves his shop, unless the fitment is exact to OEM. PM me, if you need any further info. I will gladly answer any questions for you, or better yet, feel free to give them a call.

P.S - They have Lifetime Warranty on all their work.

Thanks Jet Pilot! I appreciate the compliment. Anything I can contribute to help out the Prime community, is well worth it for me. :)

Do it right, do it once!

I'm curious to see your method for fitting the 02 headlights in regards to making room for the headlight adjuster. :biggrin:

I'll take some shots for you, RYU. I had Prestige notch the radiator support, and fill it in, exactly like the 02 OEM radiator support.

Wow. Very impressive. I've really want the 02+ update now. I just bought my 92 Berlina Black/Black in April. I already have the 02 rear valence. Now, I'm definitely putting my car up for sale and try to get an 02+. I was thinking of just updating mine, but for me its more cost efficient I think to just buy an 02 already. Good job on the update.

Don't sell it! Trust me, you will have a lot less into buidling your 92 (unless you paid, 40k+ for it), then it will cost for an 02. If you're doing it for originality, and collector reasons, then it would make sense.

In all honesty, after I am done with this NSX (meaning Interior, Turbo Kit etc.), I will still have a lot less into it, then a 02+ average price.

Wow this black looks awesome, gold wheels takes the cake

Thanks. I figured I would choose gold, to make the rest of the car "pop", since its black.

more pics !! (interior ones welcomed as well!)

:biggrin:

That will be my next project. I am ordering the fabric, and seats next week :)

Last edited:
It was 108 on Saturday, and a little cooler on Sunday. My daughter went with Grandma for the day, so my wife and I took the NSX out for lunch, and shopping.

Funny story. The night before, I went to Chevron to fill her up with some fresh 91. This was the first real drive, since the restoration. Right when I pull into the gas station, an older gentleman and 2 guys in a Mitsubishi EVO are taking pics of the NSX, when I come out from paying inside.

The guys in the EVO - " This is my all time favorite car, my dream car! "

They take some pics, I say "thank you" and they leave.

The older gentleman stays, and the first thing he says when I am pumping gas is " WOW, this has to be the cleanest ones I've seen ! Very nice! "

Me - " Thank you! You know your car, as most do not even know what kind of car this is"

Old guy - " Oh yeah, I have always been a big fan of Corvettes. Is this a C5 or C6 "

Me - " It's actually a Honda, Acura NSX to be exact. lol! "

I sort of bit my tongue, because of what I said previously. He continued to look at the car in " awe " and said thanks for letting me look at it. God knows, he probably felt very stupid (not that I was trying to do so). :redface:

Tried to grab a few shots right as the sun went down. Didn't have time to dust the car off, before the shoot. So go easy on me. ;)

Now being the owner of a black car, I bought a california car duster, just for this car. Black collects dust QUICK!

Another side shot of the bumper, for you to see the finish.
nsxph4.jpg

nsxph2.jpg

nsxsh1.jpg

nsxph3.jpg

Maybe it's the lighting, but is the hood's paint mismatched from the body/front bumper?

It's the lighting/reflection from the hood. Black seems to be a hard color to shoot properly, at sunset. I like shooting pictures from down low, with my SLR, which seems to really refect the upper part of the car (with that angle). Never have this problem with bright colored cars.

I need you to teach me some camera shooting techniques. I love the shots you post, of you NSX.

You can see here, from an up right shot, how it reflects different.

nsxdone1.jpg

Last edited:
looking forward to the interior update as well as some stunning pictures of both the NSX's posing together!

i've shared this rebuild thread to my car enthusiast buddies and pretty much all their jaws dropped @ the level of work/detail to this restoration.

thanks for giving many of us something to dream about.

Last edited:
looking forward to the interior update as well as some stunning pictures of both the NSX's posing together!

i've shared this rebuild thread to my car enthusiast buddies and pretty much all their jaws dropped @ the level of work/detail to this restoration.

thanks for giving many of us something to dream about.

I really appreciate the compliment, and level of enthusiasm from everyone here. Hopefully I will have some progress pics of the interior, by next week or as time permits.

Back