• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 1991 Berlina Black NSX Restoration

a6X0z.gif

Here is a few more shots, from the last set of pics.

nsxdone1.jpg

nsxfattyrear.jpg

Ok, I have some progress pics to post. :)

While the interior pieces were out, I gave them a nice good cleaning. They were filthy.

A-Pillar Interior Pieces, where the Seatbelts go through.

Before.
nsxint1.jpg

After.
nsxsidepanesl.jpg

Next, I ditched the 91 stock Side Duct vents, and made some custom 02 Style grilles. I found a steel wholesale place nearby, and was able to use the mesh in the valance as a reference. Luckily, I was able to find a spot on match, to the OEM 02 Mesh. These grilles are over 400 a piece from the dealer! So I saved big time... :)

Stock 91 inserts, picture reference. (picture taken, before paint and bodywork)
nsxpm7.jpg

02 Style Mesh Side Duct Inserts, I fabricated and powdercoated.
nsxvw1.jpg

Cleaned behind the side ducts, one last time, before installing.
nsxvn1.jpg

Installed. New OEM Clips, and factory hardware all torqued down. :)
nsxvn2.jpg

I'm in the middle of a re-paint build myself on my 91BB, I have been looking for metal mesh to do the same thing to my 1/4 vents. My question is how did you attach the mesh to the vent itself? By the way great work!!! I have been asked the same question, " why not buy a newer model year "? My reason was I wanted the first year of production, I prefer the pop ups over the 02 headlights and personally I like and wanted the coupe. Again, great work!!!!

I recognize those BBS's from the AAMCO (Inland Empire) meet. Ironic that my 3.2 looks like a stock NA1 and your NA1 looks like a advance NA2.

Does anyone have more info on Prestige Autobody & Restoration? I was suppose to drop off my car yesterday and i cant get ahold of "Terry" which is the owner i believe. Thanks

I'm glad to see this thread as I had just bought this car from his estate. Eric passed away few weeks ago. I had seen him at the Redlands Airport, his man cave, restoring this car. He was anal at his build! This car will now be in my collection and named my "Geisha" as it's Japanese.

sorry to hear that....I wish his friends and family peace after his loss...

Back