• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 lbbp salvage build

i have my own shop yes i have all the means to repair the vehicle. as far as measurements i have a complete nose which i am using to take all my measurements from. i have the front frame work almost done pics will be up soon

Nice build!
btw what is your shop called?

Holy crap.... you work fast. you do have the means.

when you finish this LBBP let me know I will buy it. as long as its not to much over cost LOL.

as for the value of these cars. when the build is documented and repaired correctly then I think it will have little effect on the re-sale value of the car. the person buying this car is looking for an inexpensive alternate to a Mint 70K LBBP 02+ the only person that knows its a salvage is the owner and the insurance company. the car you pass in the fast lane doesnt say man that looked like it was salvaged. LOL

as long as it done perfect then they are just as reliable as a non wrecked one. there are exceptions to this rule though we saw one a few weeks ago that the people jury rigged the car back to drivable status.

as for insurance they will only cover the purchase price of the vehicle.

as for the DMV it must pass saftey inspection before they will let you register the vehicle. if you show them the before pic and they see the after in person they just assume its been repaired correctly.

Holy crap.... you work fast. you do have the means.

when you finish this LBBP let me know I will buy it. as long as its not to much over cost LOL.

as for the value of these cars. when the build is documented and repaired correctly then I think it will have little effect on the re-sale value of the car. the person buying this car is looking for an inexpensive alternate to a Mint 70K LBBP 02+ the only person that knows its a salvage is the owner and the insurance company. the car you pass in the fast lane doesnt say man that looked like it was salvaged. LOL

as long as it done perfect then they are just as reliable as a non wrecked one. there are exceptions to this rule though we saw one a few weeks ago that the people jury rigged the car back to drivable status.

as for insurance they will only cover the purchase price of the vehicle.

as for the DMV it must pass saftey inspection before they will let you register the vehicle. if you show them the before pic and they see the after in person they just assume its been repaired correctly.

hey i'm 1st in line to buy it:biggrin: and most insurance company's will pay %50-%60 of what the car is worth

thanks guys im waithing on the hood the yellow hood is an older hood the new hood is back order but it should be here friday or monday the latest and if you guys wanna know i just picked up a set of volk gtvs from a prime member and i am looking for an exhaust aftermarket i calculated i prolly be in the car 35k all said and done

Looks like the right headlight bucket is from a popup headlight car. How are you going to make the shape of it match the 02+ bucket (in the headlight adjuster area)?

Nice work!

Shawn seriously. A hole on the right side and the factory different shape on the left. I highly doubt that will be the approach. Lol

hey looks like your going along very great with your build.

i was reading your post and you say you're looking for an exhaust?

i got an 95 NSX T Comptech USA exhaust or if you wanna buy my Pride V2 off my car that could be an option also. let me know. im just not sure if it will fit your 04. haha

im from sacramento...and by the looks of your phone number you are too. =D LOL

The only thing I would ever be willing to do with a salvage titled car in that condition is turn it into a 100% dedicated track car.

hey looks like your going along very great with your build.

i was reading your post and you say you're looking for an exhaust?

i got an 95 NSX T Comptech USA exhaust or if you wanna buy my Pride V2 off my car that could be an option also. let me know. im just not sure if it will fit your 04. haha

im from sacramento...and by the looks of your phone number you are too. =D LOL

For your 04, you just need the 00-05 Adaptors. SOS sells them: http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/exhaust_adaptors/ I also stock the SOS adaptors if anybody needs them. Thanks

Mark @ PRIDE

I don't understand these guys..... an NSX bites the dust, dies and is totalled, and they go out and fix it? spending twice as much money as it would take to just get another one? Also, it makes OUR cars rarer when someone else's NSX goes to NSX-heaven.... STOP THE REVIVAL

(boy am i gonna hear it now...)

Last edited:
I don't understand these guys..... an NSX bites the dust, dies and is totalled, and they go out and fix it? spending twice as much money as it would take to just get another one? Also, it makes OUR cars rarer when someone else's NSX goes to NSX-heaven.... STOP THE REVIVAL

(boy am i gonna hear it now...)

$35k is hardly twice as much as a perfect LBBP '04

Nikey22, you asked for it. I purchased Macninja's last restoration project, a 97' Spa Yellow beauty. His craftsmanship is top notch and I've shown the car to several of the best in the business, Jon Martin, SOS, Driving Ambition, and they have a hard time finding where the car was hurt. It drives like a beast, just ask anyone who was with me on the Angeles Crest Highway today.

Some people will only buy something if it's brand new. Some people like to put their skills and passion to good use restoring these grand machines. I appreciate the latter category of person more for the simple reason they have one attribute, that is passion.

These totaled wrecks can be insured for full amount. I have Haggerty for insurance and have the car insured for more than what I have into it. The only person who knows it's salvage? Only me (and everyone else who is reading this post!) Everyone else just looks at the car, asks me what year it is and just shakes their head because it looks so good.

Macninja, keep up the good work. This car is in way worse shape than mine but you have made great progress. I knew it wouldn't be long before you got your hands on another one. Good luck with her.

Nikey22 bad boy.

we have passion for the car. after building one, like Macninja and myself its like creating a baby man style LOL

if someone gave you a wrecked NSX and it sat in your yard I bet anything
that your would buy parts for it and fix it up.

Life is a 2 way street some people just dont get it! Man acura needs to hurry with my hood. And my damn girlfriend just broke up with me! At least my nsx stay loyal to me and thats all it matters! Thanks for the reviews as soon the the hood comes in i will get you guys a complete nose pic and etc....

Life is a 2 way street some people just dont get it! Man acura needs to hurry with my hood. And my damn girlfriend just broke up with me! At least my nsx stay loyal to me and thats all it matters! Thanks for the reviews as soon the the hood comes in i will get you guys a complete nose pic and etc....

Sweet, more time for the NSX. :tongue:

Macninja

you lost your GF but you gained a New NSX which will love you and never deny you. you can open her up and stroke her and she will always please you, she will not give you ANY drama, and will never cheat on you as long as your the only one with the keys LOL.

anyway cheer up turn your attention to the NSX and you will have her up and running in no time.

then take the NSX out for a clubnight run and get some strange and never look back.

:biggrin: LOL

Macninja
you lost your GF but you gained a New NSX which will love you and never deny you. you can open her up and stroke her and she will always please you, she will not give you ANY drama, and will never cheat on you as long as your the only one with the keys LOL.

Back