• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 lbbp salvage build

Have all of these Salvage cars been inspected and cleared by dmv?

In NY, you cannot even register any salvage vehicle unless you have dmv inspect it, which takes months and you must also provide every single reciept for every part and repair made. Any questions they impound and keep the car, including any stolen parts or parts without reciepts. I'm sure it'd be easier to provide reciepts for macninja since he owns a yard, but any other regular person repairing it turns into more headaches.

Have all of these Salvage cars been inspected and cleared by dmv?

In NY, you cannot even register any salvage vehicle unless you have dmv inspect it, which takes months and you must also provide every single reciept for every part and repair made. Any questions they impound and keep the car, including any stolen parts or parts without reciepts. I'm sure it'd be easier to provide reciepts for macninja since he owns a yard, but any other regular person repairing it turns into more headaches.

Especially when you purchase the car from FL. (They don't require receipts):mad:

Iv'e been through the process several times and it's hassle free, only thing is you must buy it and repair it yourself here in NY. If you buy it already repaired and ny wants it inspected anyway and that's where the trouble starts. I also heard horror stories with cars from Florida.

Especially when you purchase the car from FL. (They don't require receipts):mad:

Florida does require receipts to be presented in order to get a rebuilt title. It is clearly stated within the Florida DMV document TL-37 Application for certification for title for a rebuilt motor vehicle, mobile home or motorcycle previously declared salvage or junk.

The original bills of sale or receipts with the name, address, and signature of the
seller for all major component parts. A signature is not required on a business
receipt. The identification number for each major component part used to build
the motor vehicle/motorcycle must be shown on the bill of sale/receipt for that
part. If that part has its own serial number (engines, transmissions, etc.), the serial
number of the part should be on the bill of sale/receipt as well. The bill of
sale/receipt should specifically describe the part (i.e., engine, transmission, airbag,
etc.). The bill of sale or receipt for any engine must also include the year of the
engine. Receipts/bills of sale must be in the name of the applicant/rebuilder.

False....... my buddy just got a 2007 Salvaged Mercedes Benz it was destroyed

he purchased new fenders and a hood bent the frame a little to make the parts fit had it painted at Macco's he showed bill of sale from copart.com
they didnt even walk out side to check it, they issued him a title on the spot. now he may have been lucky but that just happened like a week ago.

False....... my buddy just got a 2007 Salvaged Mercedes Benz it was destroyed

he purchased new fenders and a hood bent the frame a little to make the parts fit had it painted at Macco's

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I love it.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

guys i did some stereo work check it out i painted it a charkol blue color it sucked so i ended up painting it argentium siler made by scikens and yes the push button start works and the cig light works to

Attachments

• IMG_3508.jpg
    IMG_3508.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_3509.jpg
    IMG_3509.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_3510.jpg
    IMG_3510.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_3511.jpg
    IMG_3511.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_3512.jpg
    IMG_3512.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_3513.jpg
    IMG_3513.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_3514.jpg
    IMG_3514.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_3515.jpg
    IMG_3515.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_3516.jpg
    IMG_3516.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_3549.jpg
    IMG_3549.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_3550.jpg
    IMG_3550.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_3559.jpg
    IMG_3559.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_3560.jpg
    IMG_3560.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 740
that looks like what honda was tring to design LOL

wow. can I send you one of my spares to do the same thing?

shawn yeah i can on my sapre time. did u get that stuff i sent u last week. ric i cut out the factory housing and molded it in with the rest of the center using some of that high tech glue then a good 4 days of perfection

Rob just posted on YouTube that somebody just offered to buy his NSX at a very fair market price, more than what he bought for it but he is not so sure about selling.

Rob just posted on YouTube that somebody just offered to buy his NSX at a very fair market price, more than what he bought for it but he is not so sure about selling.

I was the buyer, he decided not to sell it. I threw out a reasonable price for the car based on age / miles assuming a clean title and the discussion never progressed to the point where he provided a VIN or copy of the title. He put up the video asking his fans if he should sell it and they said keep it, ~70% to ~30%. I don't feel like the car was mis-represented on his part (edit: Andr3w below notes the video where he talks about buying salvage title cars, which I hadn't seen).

It's a great looking car but he's over a thousand into trying to get the airbag light fixed, which undoubtedly has to do with the accident / rebuild:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuzu95NOUCg

Last edited:
^^ I see. I thought you already knew it was a salvage car when you made the offer.

I can't fault him for not knowing that I was getting a loan rather than paying cash, he also didn't post the car for sale where he would have noted clean / salvage title. I saw it in the video and e-mailed him, and like I said, we never got to a point where he provided anything identifying the car (VIN/title) that I could run a CarFAX on.

I'm used to dealing with other car markets where you can look at a few for sale and then order them by price / mileage to roughly determine value. The NSX is a little harder since there are so few for sale at any one time, you have to remember what sold last month and then compare to historical listings, rather than compare to active listings.

The car I compared this one to was a '97 for sale last week with ~50K miles for about $55K. The higher miles (nearly double) on this car compared to the newer body style, and the fact that he just had a ~$6K factory clutch installed, led to my offer price. So my baseline comparison car was a clean-title dealership car, knowing this one was salvage I never would have offered (pointless, bank won't loan on it).

I hope he enjoys the car, it looks great. A member on the Facebook NSX Prime group linked me that this one was salvage, I haven't been around long enough to see the salvage cars that keep popping up. I know a few of you guys are more experienced at that than I am :) so I look forward to learning from the rest of you.

I'm also maybe a bit confused at the 6k clutch job. I wonder where he's taking the car for service....

The color does make quite a bit of difference in the value - but that also depends on who the buyer is and whether they are after a particular color. I have a 97 MCB with 48k miles, no modifications and not a salvage title. When I picked it up, I had several people just asking to buy it from me - in fairness I guess they knew I had two or three in the garage at that point.

I'm glad this got sorted out - I was curious what would come when I saw the video.

Don't blame you for not knowing, since one has to watch his videos regularly to know.

Nope, I'll take some blame there. I only watched his cost of ownership video to see the car then made the offer. I watched his other videos about the NSX the next day but didn't see this one. Totally my fault.

Thanks for posting this, I never explicitly asked because we ultimately never got that far in the discussion.

I hate to disagree with an obvious "expert", but getting this car for 15K less than an untouched example is not a good deal. It was mangled on both ends and probably should have had pretty much a full repaint. Little hit on front corner?? Guess the red fender was added to the other side just for fun.

There is a general internet rule that you speak only if you have something nice to say, because of that there are many honest people who are unhappy with their purchases and vendor experiences.

I have seen this car in person, I drove it and I have been around it on a number of occasions and I would not want to own it even if it was very, very cheap.

Last edited:
//I hate to disagree with an obvious "expert", but getting this car for 15K less than an untouched example is not a good deal. It was mangled on both ends and probably should have had pretty much a full repaint. Little hit on front corner?? Guess the red fender was added to the other side just for fun.//

I think the thread gave a pretty good indication of what was done to the car??

Last edited:
Back