• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage, Phase 1

Lots of space for TWO lifts - 14'+ tall.

The rack and pile of UPS's belong to a client, the printers and electric motor crap is going away, I'm putting the stock NSX seats and cedar chest up in the loft, selling the Radio Flyer ATW wagon...and THEN it'll start to look like a garage again. Its been 5 years of chaos, and will be nice to be back to normal.

So you can see I have the NSX doors apart and the speakers out...what a deluxe ass pain putting the imitation sub woofer back in was. Maybe I didn't disassemble as much of the interior as I should have, but the console side carpet piece is such a bear to get the aluminum cover w/tab maneuvered around. I won't be doing that again I hope. Wow.

I cleaned the window tracks with degreaser and finally fixed the sticking drivers window issue - woo hoo! Its smooth as a baby now. On to the passenger side - I've got Cars & Café to attend this weekend.

Your garage build is awesome ~ I love the finished look with the ceiling fans and other amenities!

A house of your stature out here would cost 5 mil+ easy assuming you can find the land to build such a place. This is one of the things most of us living here on the West coast have to sacrifice and also the reason my parents would never move from Chicago out here....

I used to fly R/C helicopters and I think your plane looks amazing! I've seen just about everything parked next to an NSX but your plane is the most unique next to an NSX for sure! :biggrin:

Keep those pics coming, very inspirational!

Finally put the car back together last night with the new black mirrors, rebuilt window regulators, cleaned window rails, rebuilt Bose amps, new door seals - what a pain, but EVERYTHING works factory or better now. What a joy!

P4070411.JPG

P4070413.JPG

P4070415.JPG

P4070416.JPG

Well gents, its been the better part of 4 years but I'm finally getting on with Phase 2 - The Big Garage.

First was finalizing all the wiring, sealing all the spaces between studs, insulation staple and tape. Sheet rock to follow:
IMG_4399.jpeg

IMG_4400.jpeg

Here it is as of tonight:
Big_Garage.JPG

Knockdown ceiling and major painting done. Devices all in, ceiling fan up, hoist up, loft gate up, cleaned and ready for:
- Baseboard trim
- Door/window trim and paint
- Cabinets and work benches
- Storage shelves for loft (existing wire shelves)
- A/C Cord reel install on ceiling
- Auto Lights for garage openers
- 4-post lift
- Happy dance

Last edited:
Very cool! I will be rebuilding my garage next year and I am so happy that I could see your build first - I might steal an idea or two ;)

Prime needs a like button. Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

In for updates. Great looking house, great collection of cars, and beautiful garages.

Installed all the window and door trim, put spacers behind every outlet to make them flush with the 5/8" sheetrock and installed all the covers, and started hanging the 1 of 1 Phillips 66 Neon. Baseboard trim and painting the window trim is next. I think I know where I'll be hanging all the major wall art pieces...

IMG_3479.JPG

IMG_3480.JPG

IMG_4425.JPG

Last edited:
wow... so much win in that garage. Can't wait to see it finished. Are you leaving the walls this color or do you have something else planned [MENTION=6291]nsxbuilder[/MENTION]?

I've been busy working since June...its no where near done but here's how its come along so far:

All paint and trim done, Gladiator wall track cabinets and workbench for outdoor/gardening stuff, custom made Shell Oil light up sign:
IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

Custom made LED backlit Mobile Pegasus, lighted cabinet project (not started yet), neon hung:
IMG_4586.jpg

That horse turned out so damned cool - they should all be like that:
IMG_4587.jpg

1958 Edsel hub caps hung, shop area:
IMG_4590.jpg

Shop area DONE! So much custom constructed, engineered and awesomeness in there...:
IMG_4588.jpg

Its starting to come together! Hoist and power reel, all the loft shelving in:
IMG_4591.jpg

Custom rolling work table, pics and signs hung, lighting done:
IMG_4592.jpg

Glass shelves complete with vintage beer signs and NSXPO Colorado Best Overall NSX trophy:
IMG_4593.jpg

My old 69 Camaro, Jim Kuzela's old NSX plate:
IMG_4594.jpg

Custom work bench and cabinets, backsplash and power, signed Zanardi world champion poster:
IMG_4595.jpg

All my tools in one place and I finally know where everything is!:
IMG_4597.jpg

Overflow freezer with Belgium Coke sign, and everything in its place for the first time ever:
IMG_4598.jpg

This garage is a fitting place to park The Red Car:
IMG_4599.jpg

Left to do:
Hang 6' Phillips 66 Shield
Paint lighted display cabinet
Hang more wall art
Wire in speakers to surround processor and wifi sound system (already in loft)
Install TV in corner above workbenches
Install track lighting on ceiling (already wired)
Get a 4 posts lift so there's a place for the 70 Mustang when it comes home from paint in a few weeks
Drink a Shiner

Last edited:
very cool...I'm jealous of the hoist...when we built our house I wanted one in our garage, for a pass through to the attic above...but like so many things in such a project it got shelved...very nice attention to detail Ed.

Lol....always keepin it real:biggrin:

Wow just Wow. Been following this thread for a while and I am just blown away.

WOW WOW wow, thanks for sharing this! It's just missing a Terrible Towel on the wall, other than that, I wouldn't change much. :)

The latest!

I got the track light up and a few more odds and ends...and just when about to send out the invitation for NSX Party at Ed's, the city tears the road up and by the looks of it, it won't be finished until the end of October! There goes the Summer...

IMG_4714.jpg

IMG_4715.jpg

IMG_4716.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

My next wall hanging:

RTR_Hood.jpg

Back