• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage, Phase 1

You've seen her wedding ring...I'm good to go with ANYTHING I want to do. I buttered my bread early.

HaHa I knew you were a shrewd business man...:cool:

attachment.php
Funny I also have a Mustang (69) but my Cougar is a 70 Convertible and a NSX. I just wish I had more room in the garage. I bet we may be the only 2.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Beautiful cars! Both the 69 and the Cougar are high on my list - but I've got about 5 tri-five Chevy to build with my father in law first, including a 57 wagon I want to put a 1000hp twin turbo LS in. Let the games begin!

I tell you what, my garage looked like yours (but for the higher ceilings and a bit of elbowroom) until I went on a biblical purge, organization and cleanup that took a couple months...now I actually enjoy being out there! Get to work son!

attachment.php
attachment.php
I tell you what, my garage looked like yours (but for the higher ceilings and a bit of elbowroom) until I went on a biblical purge, organization and cleanup that took a couple months...now I actually enjoy being out there! Get to work son!

The garage is organized I just don't have the room. 4 cars in a 3 car garage is not enough room. Also no room to expand because of the neighbors house is too close. Trying to convince the wife to sell and buy a 1 bedroom with a 9 car garage. Unfortunately she knows if I get a 9 car garage I will have 9 (or 12) cars...lol

I already have 3 cars stashed away at other locations because I have no room for them.

Last edited:
attachment.php
attachment.php

The garage is organized I just don't have the room. 4 cars in a 3 car garage is not enough room. Also no room to expand because of the neighbors house is too close. Trying to convince the wife to sell and buy a 1 bedroom with a 9 car garage. Unfortunately she knows if I get a 9 car garage I will have 9 (or 12) cars...lol

I already have 3 cars stashed away at other locations because I have no room for them.

I am sure many of us wish we had that problem. Not enough room for all the cars. Love the 240 and the '69 Mustang

I like all the closet muscle car people...

I am more of a closet sports car person.....I am out of the closet in a big way with the NSX, no hiding it now. I could always justify the Z as a Japanesse muscle car, the NSX not so much.

I am sure many of us wish we had that problem. Not enough room for all the cars. Love the 240 and the '69 Mustang

Thanks I have built all my cars(except the NSX) pretty much in mine and buddies garages, except for paint, I don't do body work too much skill and mess involved.

Awesome garage! I could spend all day looking at these types of threads. Can you shed a little light (pun intended, lol) on the LED project? Where are you drawing power from?

I have no natural light coming into my garage and have always felt it was a dungeon around the lifted cars no matter how much track lighting I added.

qs70ib.jpg

Last edited:
That's a snug little garage!

I have power coming down from the ceiling on a cord reel so when the lift goes up/down the cord goes with it. Yes, I plan for that sort of thing. Next, I added a power strip to the inside front edge of the lift with 3M industrial double-stick tape pads, and use that for the on/off switch for the 4 LED transformers, which I located under the non-ram side of the lift, again, double sticked to the inside of the ramp. Cord routing was easy so they don't rub on the cables or pulleys.

Easy!

Last edited:
That's a snug little garage!

I have power coming down from the ceiling on a cord reel so when the lift goes up/down the cord goes with it. Yes, I plan for that sort of thing. Next, I added a power strip to the inside front edge of the lift with 3M industrial double-stick tape pads, and use that for the on/off switch for the 4 LED transformers, which I located under the non-ram side of the lift, again, double sticked to the inside of the ramp. Cord routing was easy so they don't rub on the cables or pulleys.

Easy!

Sounds easy enough - one of these days I will tackle it - thank you for the info!

Just curious; I was looking at pictures of your Wilefire lift and I noticed that you don't have the lift secured to the floor. Is that common for four post lifts??

Just curious; I was looking at pictures of your Wilefire lift and I noticed that you don't have the lift secured to the floor. Is that common for four post lifts??

Mine wasn't secured to the floor, presumed it was common on 4 posts.

My 4-post is anchored into the concrete. I guess its personal preference, but then again we get earthquakes here.

Back