• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage, Phase 1

Team,

After 3-1/2 years I decided to finish off the daily garage (24x31) so it looks like it should. The terrible fire-tape job the builder did had to all be pulled, re-taped and smoothed. Went with the same knockdown ceiling as in the house, and a two walls dark grey, everything else light gray color. Turned out choice.

We've got heated floors, 12' ceiling, security system, vacuum, hot/cold water, drains, sound system, track lighting, motion light and a Liftmaster shaft drive high lift door system. Also put in a Westinghouse Industrial 56" ceiling fan that works great.

I've seen threads where people ask how epoxy floors hold up - this one is the Winter car garage (the big garage is on the other side of the door next to my car) which takes all the abuse, and you can just start to see lines where the cars drive - mostly due to sand getting ground under the tires. I don't clean it often enough I guess...

So all we need now is to trim it out, hang up all the framed NSX, McLaren and Ford GT posters I have, and crack open a cold one.

Oh, I didn't mention the plane yet...its an RC, its huge, and no, I refuse to fly it. I'm thinking of hanging it from the ceiling...

P9179927.JPG

P9179928.JPG

P9179929.JPG

Phase 2:

ed_garage3.jpg

Its mostly wired, mostly insulated, and capped.

The big garage has 14'-4" ceilings, heated floors, vacuum, its own 100amp panel, huge storage loft and storage above the ceiling in the attic space. We'll need to finish the wiring for the 4-post lifts, track mounted hoist to pull stuff up to the loft, install the fan, lights and such.

We already have the mustang, the NSX and the Malibu V-Ride, now that garage needs to come up to their level...it never ends!

looking good Ed...I had grand plans for the attic hoist...but so far I only drop things down and carry them up:rolleyes:

Phase 2:

ed_garage3.jpg

Its mostly wired, mostly insulated, and capped.

The big garage has 14'-4" ceilings, heated floors, vacuum, its own 100amp panel, huge storage loft and storage above the ceiling in the attic space. We'll need to finish the wiring for the 4-post lifts, track mounted hoist to pull stuff up to the loft, install the fan, lights and such.

We already have the mustang, the NSX and the Malibu V-Ride, now that garage needs to come up to their level...it never ends!

Beautiful floor layout. Are your garages side by side? Your floorplan seems weird and the way you explained. I always wanted to be a Architect. You should knock down the wall the separates your mustang from your daily drivers. It make your two Ordinary Garages into one GIANT garage. Also having a lift installed for your NSX could also beneficial if your one of those guys who like to work on cars instead of pay somebody to do it for you. But im just talking. Do whatever you feel is needed. :cool:

The design allowed a number of architectural features to be realized: a 2 and 2+ car garage with secure separation between them, courtyard, fit on the lot, storage loft and 3' between all walls and doors. It so nice being able to park cars next to each other and open doors on both and not have them touch.
P8279804.JPG

nsxbuilder - love the home and love the epoxy floors!

I like how high your ceiling is and the plain look to the inside of the garage. I'd hang some nice NSX posters in frames and perhaps add a NSX model cabinet for the diecast cars. Wait that's my dream!:tongue:

Congrats it looks great!

Such a beautiful home. But I guess thats what hard work gets you in life. :tongue: Do you have to pull out your NSX to get to your Mustang? Im sure that gets repetitive after a while. Im looking at your floor plans but then I look at the photos and something doesnt add up to me. Are the floor plans a future product? As im sure the photos represent the current condition.

3' between all walls and doors. It so nice being able to park cars next to each other and open doors on both and not have them touch.

that was my point on the shear walls that your able to have your doors open all the way to let out passengers or just working on the car.

We built the two garages so you could put lifts in both (12' and 14') so our 4 car with a 5th tucked under the loft could be 7 by adding a lift to the right bay of the above pictured garage and the left bay of the bigger garage, and still have room for the boat.

I was just out speccing trim, and as we wash that floor, I'll put vinyl baseboard down and calk seal it to the floor so it can't get anything behind or under it.

Fail to plan is a plan to fail I always say! Or was that a penny saved...

I suddenly feel really poor...LOL!! That is an amazing home.

The drains in the floors would be nice. If we had built our home, those would have been in there, so I had to make do with what we had. But hanging the dry wall and painting the walls red, doing the floors right, putting in a flat screen, digital cable, video games, 'Man Fridge', framed NSX pictures, storage cabinets, vintage signs, and a 175 psi air compressor with drop down air tools from the ceiling, make it my little happy place. :)

Phantom_new_garage_floor_4-6-09.jpg

Phantom_new_garage_floor.jpg

With heated floors, do you also have hot water lines and such running to the garages?

Ed I forget if you told me...drivit or stucco?

Back