• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My "build"

Those wraps look great

Thanks dude.

Here's just an updated picture I found. Still need to get a shoot together before I change my car for good!

IMG_04932.jpg

Just got back from a small road trip. All I can say is Larry B is awesome!

Had a rebuilt rps 6 puck clutch put in, also Dali's damper delete line and whatever stainless steel clutch line he makes as well. Also had my driver cv boot replaced since it was slinging grease but not because it was worn, but because for some odd reason it's been apart before and was missing the "clip" inside. Funny thing is I've owned the car for over 5 years and have never had it apart for maintenance...

On top of that I had Larry do a compression test that showed everything between 190-192 and a leakdown which showed 4,9,9,6,6,9.

This clutch so far is slightly stiffer than my carbon carbon exedy, chatters none, and is I think a little heavier meaning the flywheel isn't as light as the exedy so therefore it's a little easier to drive. All these things I couldn't care less about. The real test will be will it hold my power. I have yet to do a pull on the highway because I was told to break it in at least 500 miles. I've known this clutch to hold over 550whp though so I'm not to worried.

macninja_s.jpg

A little update.

The 2 piece arm rest and interior pillars belong to macninja which finishes his order from before.

The center console with deleted ashtray/coin tray/headunit is mine and also the door sill plates as well. Right now I have DF plates which I may keep, but it doesn't really matter.

I have door switch bezels in the beginning phase of overlaying.

To do list is
1. My arm rest cf overlay
2. Alcantara wrap door leather things
3. Clear coat all my cf parts that are ready and reinstall them on my car.

I don't have to much time to do a step by step process but I can answer any questions you may have if you want to tackle it yourself.

I got my information off the internet and with talking with some vendors here and on other forums. There's things I do that I'm sure could be done a different way and things I'm sure others have not done that I do as well.

But the tip right now I can give you is it'll cost initially a good $500 for supplies and tools if you don't have certain things laying around like.

1. Dremel
2. Dremel carbide wheel
3. Various Dremel sanding items
4. Lots of sand paper
5. Lots of mixing containers
6. Lots of Popsicle sticks
7. Lots of brushes
8. A belt sander
9. Dust Masks
10. Lots of gloves
11. Painters tape
12. Epoxy black tint

And the main thing patience...

Overlaying parts is by no means easy. It can't be done in a week, or even 2 weeks is really pushing it. Every part you lay up creates a new challenge and sometimes one step can set you back DAYS, even weeks if you cut to far in or knick a spot and have to fill it in later.

There's a few people that overlay, Cwood is one, ZoRRo was a new vendor that failed horribly and maybe Synergy004 on the side of everything else he's got going on. I have a few people on the back of my list I'll do parts for but that won't be happening for another few months since I need to get my car ready for Nsxfest in less than 2 months.

I do have parts to spare as indicated in the pictures above so when my parts are ready you'll just have to ship me your OEM ones and the turnaround will only be the wait of shipping and not a month or two people quote you.

Last edited:
Parts are looking awesome!

on the subject of overlays I can back sduffass up 100%. The process is tedious and to do everything properly takes time. The last picture posted is the result of a TON and i do mean a ton of block sanding. Not to mention the patients to be able to keep sanding strokes even and not sand down into the fabric itself.

You plan on sanding to 400 and a nice UV clear for your interior pieces?

Im also dying to see how you do the arm rest. Havent done one yet and Im worried about the part loosing its shape since it feels like there is foam padding underneath it.

Parts are looking awesome!

on the subject of overlays I can back sduffass up 100%. The process is tedious and to do everything properly takes time. The last picture posted is the result of a TON and i do mean a ton of block sanding. Not to mention the patients to be able to keep sanding strokes even and not sand down into the fabric itself.

You plan on sanding to 400 and a nice UV clear for your interior pieces?

Im also dying to see how you do the arm rest. Havent done one yet and Im worried about the part loosing its shape since it feels like there is foam padding underneath it.

Depending on what armrest you have it's different. I did Macninja's 02 one and my 91 isn't in the picture but it's 70% there. Just have to make sure the nsx emblem slot is perfect and the top is good to go. The 02 ones are easier though since there's no emblem and when you remove the padding there's no lips or ridges to smooth down in the front like the 91. You can just sand that stuff down flat is what I did and just build up the side with epoxy a little, it'll only be about 1/8th worth anyways. If you wanted you could build up the bottom with fiberglass and just smooth out but it's not a huge issue I've encountered. Not like the door sills that you have to build up with layers and layers of fiberglass....

Update on the car.

I just had it dynoed at PCS Tuning in Ashland, VA by Matt Shu. He's an awesome guy and I'd recommend him for people around the area for a tune. I'll probably end up getting a re-tune because we couldn't install an electronic boost controller because of the fact of "time" and also I didn't have the fitting with me to connect it so we ended up tuning on my manual boost valve. I don't have the psi I'm running but it hits at 16psi and then tapers to 12psi so that's why I have a good amount of torque in the beginning.

I had it tuned here to see if I can break 500whp and I did by a little this time, I also wasn't happy with some of the WOT runs in 2nd and 3rd gear since they weren't as smooth as I thought they could be. Getting the Rps ruled out that it was a clutch issue and I thought it was tuning. I think a combination of my spark plugs being gaped to large was a factor and also the tuning itself before. Regardless I think my old tune by DB in Minn, MN was good as well but just had a few kinks.

Here's the graph.

Steve_NSX_dyno.jpg

Oh Cwood

Yeah they're sanded to 600 right now. I'm waiting on some cleaner to come in the mail to scoth bride them, and I have 2 part auto clear as well on hand.

I borrowed a gun from DanRC on here but I don't think it's going to work so Macninja sent me a gun so hopefully I'll get that up and running on Tuesday or Wednesday, and get them cleared and some finished pictures taken.

Thanks for the info on the armrest. yours looks really good.

I actually just completed a set of b pillars and Im working on a few other interior pieces for a nsx owner local to me.

Thanks for the info on the armrest. yours looks really good.

I actually just completed a set of b pillars and Im working on a few other interior pieces for a nsx owner local to me.

Here's the pics of Macninja's Pillars along with those the triangle cover in one picture.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Gil you're awesome for the questions you've answered and if Ross at Stmpo is still around thanks to him as well, haha.

photo-17.jpg

photo-161.jpg

How's the new tune feel? Going to turn it up some more, or good enough?

BTW, that shop is laid out the exact way my original location was, with the exact dyno in the exact spot.. The good old days. :biggrin:

BTW, the CF stuff looks good Stephen.

How's the new tune feel? Going to turn it up some more, or good enough?

BTW, that shop is laid out the exact way my original location was, with the exact dyno in the exact spot.. The good old days. :biggrin:

BTW, the CF stuff looks good Stephen.

Hey thanks man!

The tunes great. I'm getting used to looking at different numbers like my AFR at WOT. It's around high 11's and before I was well in the 10's. My idle is set a little higher but that's not an issue and everything looks good. And my clutch is holding everything down.

As of right now I'm pretty happy with the outcome, I want to add an electronic boost controller if I turn it up anymore because the manual spikes real hard which is why my torque comes on so strong in the beginning. But if we have the electronic boost control he can set boost across the board or raise it so when I get it and re-tuned eventually I'll be in the mid-high 5's I think.

That's the goal, mid to high 5's. Since I like my clutch and don't want to spend 2+k on another one or sleeve my motor I'll be happy with that :biggrin:

Btw, Matt mentioned he loved the dump tube exhaust pipe idea, haha.

Very nice! I absolutely love those wheels. When I had my car I was very close to buying a set. Your car must be a blast to drive!

Very nice! I absolutely love those wheels. When I had my car I was very close to buying a set. Your car must be a blast to drive!

Yeah man. It's a lot of fun. To much sometimes :biggrin:

The wheels I love, I actually just bought another set but they're all 18x8 38et's. I'm planning to run a BBK in the front and my 45et's weren't going to cut any of the bbk's out there without running serious spacers. At least with the 38 set I only need a 3mm for some I believe.

I'll have a set of 18x8's with 38,45et for sale soon and mixed colors since the ones I bought were silver.

I plan to get my set either power coated bronze or maybe a bright gold color.

Btw, Matt mentioned he loved the dump tube exhaust pipe idea, haha.

:biggrin:

Was going to do the same on my car, but not sure I need two 5" tips out the back of my car.. would look a bit cartoonish I think. :tongue:

Getting ready for Canada so here's an update.

Old inserts
DSCN06301.JPG

Inserts stripped
DSCN0631.JPG

Foam on and cut some alcantara
DSCN0632.JPG

Done
DSCN0633.JPG

Installed along with my carbon fiber wrapped switch bezels and triangle cover things
DSCN0634.JPG

Along with more carbon fiber sill cover and pinch cover thing.
DSCN0635.JPG

Random picture showing more, Armrest and center console
DSCN0636.JPG

Thought I'd take a picture of the clock bezel since it's for sale and nobody has bought it yet...
DSCN0637.JPG

Nav pod which is what I'm going to work with.
DSCN0638.JPG

To be continued

Back