• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My "build"

I guess it's a long time coming and before I start this thread, I'd like to say a special thanks too:

Momin "Elite" who assembled my motor "twice", and designed and installed my turbo "twice", and did a lot more than what other people would have done.

SOS for their products they offer, I've bought a number of items from them across the years. They helped me out big time on my build by providing a service they don't offer on their website!

Dali Racing. Same as SOS, I bought his oil pump gear, ARP items from him and a bunch of other items. I just ordered from him yesterday as well and my item has already been shipped.

Ross at Stmpo. I've had many conversations with you about turbos, products, and even my other car problems. You always return my call or pick up. Pretty cool because you do this on the side now and I haven't bought anything from you for a while.

Tim of Michigan. If I never drove your car at Nsxfest in 2008 I would've never went with a turbo, I would have probably supercharged it and been done. I guess I blame you :biggrin:

Mitch of Indy. I drove out to buy car seats from ya awhile ago. You either held them until I was able to knock off work and drive out and pay, or I paid you in advance and you held them for me. Either way thanks, and a huge thanks for helping me out in Indy when I was almost "stranded" there driving home. More on that later.

I've met some cool people thus far, and some non cool but special thanks to you guys for making this happen.

The history now. I don't have many pictures, because my ex stole my last camera, and I'm just well, not a huge picture guy. I have some, but I'll try to take more to come so my build thread can be as cool as others here :wink:.

I was 21 when I was tired of my old car "2002 Gti". I was cross shopping a s2000, G35, 350z and M3. I drove a couple different model 350z's and they were fun but felt like boats. I figured the G35 and 350z were to feel the same so I just didn't drive the G35. I then drove a s2000 and loved it. It was nimble, semi quick, revved high and was a convertible, but I would have to do some major work to get it up to my standards. I was planning on picking up a black AP1, supercharging it, and putting Gold BBS LM's on. I had it all priced out, and had even the picture in which inspired me to do those mods. I nixed the M3 because the only one I could afford was a beat up one. I never drove a M3 and still never have, but I'm glad they were a good 5k out of my price point.

After shopping around a little and looking online I stumbled across a nsx thread I think on VWvortex.com. The picture is very well known and more than half of you have seen the shot I'm talking about. It's an earlier model nsx with a vented hood, aftermarket lip, "May be widebody", and painted candy apple red. I then searched on auto trader to see what kind of price point cars like that were and SOME were in my range. I auto tradered nsx and one was only 30min away from my house.

I still remember when I first turned the corner onto the street and saw this car parked in his driveway. I remember thinking, "1. Wow, I hate those rims, and 2. It's so red". After talking a little bit it was time to take the car out for a ride. Truthfully, I didn't have to much interest in buying it. I had my eyes set on my dream s2000. And that's until I drove it. It felt tight like a new car, the no power steering gave it a raw feeling like you're connected to the road, and the driving position was like something I've never experienced before! I had the gayest smile on my face and I couldn't help but laugh the entire ride. That's when I knew I had to have this car.

So I bought the car. Paid it off in about 2 years and started to buy mods.

I wish I had more pictures now because I was beginning to type my timeline of mods but it's just dumb without pics and doesn't make sense so I'll just post up some pics I do have and update as I start putting them on.

When I first bought it.
S24000031.JPG

First upgrade is the stereo system.
Baffles made of MDF and spray painted just encase water gets near.
S2400009.JPG

My first ever attempt at fiberglass. If I ever had to do it again I wouldn't.
S2400001.JPG

It may not be as pretty but it works.
S2400003.JPG

Here is my car at 2008 nsxfest in Canada.
nsxfest2008.jpg

SOS baffle for oil pan
P1150412_Medium_.JPG

My car on the dyno the first time I tried to pick her up. In 09 I believe.
photo110.jpg

Fast forward 2 years, a short block and some internals later.
photo29.JPG

photo_1_3.JPG

photo_2_3.JPG

My Stmpo breather setup and coolant tank.
photo43.JPG

In the picture are downforce cf scoops which I had installed but took them off and was going to reinstall them but didn't have time. Downforce cf license plate bezel, cup holder, dali fire extinguisher mount, and bridge kelvar gias.
photo51.JPG

Now for the wheels. These have a story. I put a deposit on them from SOS. They were being made or would take 1-3 months so after a month I sold my deposit to Angus because something came up financially and I couldn't pull the cash together. After about 8 months Angus put them up for sale and here they are in my possession!
photo_4_2.JPG

photo33.JPG

And this is how my car sits as of today.
photo_3_3.JPG

Parts that are sitting at home are countless. I have a full 02 front with DF bumpers, ducted hood, cf duct, stacy sides, stacy spats, stmpo stuff, and much more. I'm debating if I should just get a vis r hood instead of going 02 but I change my mind everyday.

Follow this thread for some better pics with a real camera "not my crappy 3g Iphone" and some cool mods to come.

Great power numbers! Can you more specific on your motor build?

I can search when I have more time like specifics for bearings and such but for pistons I've got the SOS ones that are I believe 90.5mm and whichever compression they recommend for turbos. Arp rod bolts and head studs, new Oem mains I think. Dali oil pump gear, Cometic head gasket. Stock rods, stock crank and I believe I ordered newer NA2 lma's and springs and they're in there as well.

looking good + thanks for sharing.

02 + all the way; you already have the front bumper anyways :)

Thanks, I actually have all the other parts too, headlights+ the other brackets and such. I think the only thing I'm missing is the bumper foam that I purposely didn't buy.

Sell me your Stacey side skirts and go 02+

:biggrin: Na, but hopefully I get time to install them someday.

I actually plan to vinyl wrap my car in the winter and vinyl wrap all the 02 parts as well. Thinking matte white to change things up.

...Mitch of Indy. I drove out to buy car seats from ya awhile ago. You either held them until I was able to knock off work and drive out and pay, or I paid you in advance and you held them for me. Either way thanks, and a huge thanks for helping me out in Indy when I was almost "stranded" there driving home. More on that later...

LOL! Yes, I held them for a while...and sent about a billion pictures to prove they were REAL Bride seats....HAHAHA!! No worries, glad to do it. :D

Happy to help, and how many places can you go where people let you sleep at their house, feed you, and wash your car? We are full service here at Casa De Mitch. LOL! :biggrin::cool:

Here are some pictures....by the way, I want those wheels when you are done with them.

StephenNSXfront.jpg

StephenNSXandminedriveway.jpg

StephenNSXside.jpg

Hahaha you should open up a business for owners that need a halfway point between the east coast and central US.

Cool pics too and yes, thanks for everything! If you're ever around Philadelphia you know who to call.

BTW, the wheels when they will be sold are sold to you already :biggrin:

Some other items I just installed. My cup holder mentioned before, the blox shift knob which has the correct 5 speed label with reverse and I believe a first generation Tamoske console "which needs work to fit right so it's actually not installed and may be up for sale if I don't fix it myself"

console2.JPG

I told napa auto the denso part number and they gave me these instead. Don't mind either way.

filters1.JPG

Since my last radiator developed a small leak somewhere "which I still couldn't find because it only happens under pressure". I bought the dali shield just so I don't beat my new radiator up. Also pictured is the stmpo bar that replaces the OEM tie downs.

dalistmpo.JPG

This is my interior with the seats. Dali fire extinguisher mount, blox knob and all the other good stuff installed that you can see.

interior23.JPG

Future plans will be to wrap some interior pieces in carbon fiber and figure out if I'm sticking with my Nav pod and single din original plan or removing my nav system and putting a double din total control setup up top and a custom console with stereo delete, coin tray delete, and other items. But I haven't figured that out yet.

Finally installed this single din headunit and my Carbon Fiber center console.

Had to redo the shift boot/coin tray nuts to make it fit. Also needed to cut a little on the bottom end of it on the sides where the one screw fits by the arm rest.

However the ashtray lid doesn't fit to well so I left it out. I don't know if I'll keep it/mod this one or just sell it. My nav hasn't worked for a while so I may just do a full double din up top and do another center console with no cut outs except for the climate control.

photo-5.jpg

Stephen
Looks great and truly coming together. If you don't go with the 02 setup, let me know, who knows, I might be interested and besides, I have a Type R hood. if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the kind words Tim! I'm pretty committed now since VroooM has his vinyl group buy in place.

When I saw your car at the track in Jersey it did make me rethink getting a Taitec R hood instead of the normal Vis one since the duct is a little different which I like.

Stephen
Looks great and truly coming together. If you don't go with the 02 setup, let me know, who knows, I might be interested and besides, I have a Type R hood. if you know what I mean.

So which turbo system do you have on your nsx? If it is a custom system, could you please share the details? TIA

So which turbo system do you have on your nsx? If it is a custom system, could you please share the details? TIA

I found the list of items I have done. Here's the list basically.

PTE 6262 Turbo
PTE 780cc injectors
PTE 46mm wastegate
Walboro 255hp fuel pump
Big A2A inner cooler
AN Fittings
NA2 Headers
Arp Head Studs
Arp Rod Bolts
Wiseco Forged Pistons
Resized Bearings
Cometic Headgasket
SOS baffled Oil Pan
VVIS plate delete
Tial BOV
Custom Exhaust
Dali Oil pump gear
AEM EMS
AEM 3.5 bar map sensor
AEM single UEGO
Manual boost controller
STMPO Coolant tank
STMPO breather tank

I have a slightly modified fuel system as well.

Yeah I definetly reccomend using a vaccum bag. it saves a bunch of time and the fabric lays down so much better. Honestly I wont do an overlay without it now!

How do you like that tamoske console?

Yeah I definetly reccomend using a vaccum bag. it saves a bunch of time and the fabric lays down so much better. Honestly I wont do an overlay without it now!

How do you like that tamoske console?

Yeah vacuum bagging is one of those things that I'm sure once you get the technique down it's much easier on some parts. Some trickier parts I'm not so sure though it would work though. Of course I don't know since I've never tried it.

When I first got the Tamoske console it looked great, then I test fitted it and the mounting tabs were off for the shift boot and coin tray, also it was a tad to wide down by where it mounts to the underneath screw by the glove box, but just the section that curved downward. After fixing those issues I enlarged the ashtray section raising it by about 1/3 of an inch on the top so now the door opens and closes fine.

I like it, it's for sale because I plan to just hook my Iphone straight into my amp to play music. I already have a center console that I did a single din delete and ashtray delete on ready to be over layed. Just need to get my first batch done and then onto that.

Back