• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My "build"

A lot of CF parts I see on here probably look OK at first glance in the pics, but on closeup you notice significant defects in the reflection shots where all the pitting and surfaces are wavy. I can tell from your shots that you put a lot of time and effort in proper finishing and block sanding. That looks great!

Dave

Thank you Dave! I'm glad you noticed, although the flat panels I should've gone down a little more I'm very happy with everything else. I take it you have some experience with wet sanding and buffing. It takes me almost longer to do that then to make the parts!

Somebody once told me the difference between a $3000 paint job and a $10,000 paint job was... Wet sanding. He was being dramatic of course but it's one the longest time consuming processes. I now as of I believe last year or two years ago wet sand all my parts.

Today I got a lot done finally.

I installed my new full carbon fiber center console since I had to make another mold to utalize the coin tray.

In the coin tray now are two heater seat switches from I believe an Acura TL, the half mast antenna and fog lights. I'll be hooking them up when I have more time but don't know when that's going to be since I've been busy with work and a fair amount of orders.

I'm still waiting on my gauge art setup but it shipped Friday.

Today I also finished intalling liftnots abs delete. The pedal is frimer and I like it. I'll see how it acts in the rain and adjust accordingly also.

My stoptechs for some reason have had a weeping from the threads since day 1. After the issue with my Wp pro I was very causious about things, even though I believe Wp was at fault. My friend also had a weeping from the bleeder threads so he installed speed bleeders which stopped the issue. I purchased my bleeders over a year ago but haven't had time and finally got around to them. I will ever bleed another car without speed bleeders. I'lo opted for the stainless steel version.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love the console! That looks very high quality. You made that console?

I love how large the weave is in the carbon. It looks great bud.

Too bad you aren't in cali man. Id love to learn that carbon fiber work. I just re-glass my center console that someone broke. I am just getting around to installing it. Are you putting your top vent back on?

Last edited:
Yeah that's a tamoske piece. His is one piece construction and no mounting. I only made two of mine, one for myself and one for Justin who did my turbo work. I used quick mini latch to mount mine with a z type bracket
well if you ever want to make me one just let me know. also a footwell sub box :biggrin:

Last edited:
I'll shoot you a PM. Here's a picture of the brakes I took after unboxing. They're boxed back up though for now.
StoptechTrophy.jpg

At my old age I rarely get impressed. Maybe when I unmolded this seat I was expecting for it to lock to my mold, or rip a part of my mold off, or damage my mold beyond repair, or something else happen, but you get the picture... Making parts has been a hobby of mine for quiet a while. I make them mostly because there's certain items nobody else makes. Then there's the items I make just to make and so I can make them better or improve them since there may have been a minor issue with the ones I've seen, sat in, or had in my possession. This is the first seat and only 1 of 4 currently I plan on making.

Item Highlights
-Full carbon fiber like all my parts, or shall I say one layer of carbon/kevlar...
-Layup method like all my parts are infusion
-Epoxy, again all my parts
-Kevlar reinforced areas where the bolt holes are along with extra carbon for strength
-Carbon used was 6k 790ksi 40msi carbon fiber, and 24k biaxial.

seat3.jpg
ill take some of these also

Been extremely busy with orders but had some free time this weekend to get done some personal stuff. My door panels have been off for a few months now for a refresh and I wanted to update everyone.

These window switch bezels were a complete nightmare to make. Mainly due to the right tolerances of trimming "like center consoles" and the challenge of mounting but everything turned out great. Full carbon of course and you guys know the rest already.

On a side note I get a lot of messages on Facebook, text messages and here asking questions about others parts. I'll do my best to diagnose and help you but sometimes parts can't be fixed, saved, or even mounted without serious time and money. It's always best to ask questions first rather then later.

Here's some pictures of the door panels, sduff@composites carbon switch bezels, perforated black alcantara door cards, and replaced with all new oem the plastic trim around the doors themselves. If I had more time I was going to get creative with those but I'll wait until these break again when I have my door off next...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

x-all-the-things-carbon-fiber-all-the-parts.jpg

Love it. Now please consider making stuff for us RHD guys :D

^^ You know who to reach out to if you do :D . Ugh seeing your build I can't wait to get my hands on those CF parts!

Thanks man!

Hey I still have your brackets right? That's you I think? Shoot me a text if it is since I actually forget who I got them from.

Don't think so...you did do the CF double din center console in my previous NSX. Shoulda kept the damn thing, as I'm on number 2 now. Just glad to see you're still here doing awesome work, man. :biggrin:

Don't think so...you did do the CF double din center console in my previous NSX. Shoulda kept the damn thing, as I'm on number 2 now. Just glad to see you're still here doing awesome work, man. :biggrin:

Ahhh ok now I remember! It's another silver Nsx I have brackets from.

Glad you got another Nsx man! Reach out to me anytime ya ever need anything or have questions!

Back