• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2012

I'd like to try to make this one too. Although Im getting married Oct 6, so Im not sure if this might be cutting it too close.

Maria and I lived in the heart of the Rockies for several years. Denver is ideal in mid-Sept. Mtn drives can be spectacular, Aspens and cottonwoods turning. I always struggle with getting my Chin Motorsports track event schedule to coincide with NSXPO... but, if it fits in 2012, we're there!

...and, I like the reference to the history of the NSXCA... has anyone else commented that the first ever national gathering of NSX owners was held in Denver? 1998, I believe (correct me, Ken or Wei-Shen), before the NSXCA existed.

Maria and I lived in the heart of the Rockies for several years. Denver is ideal in mid-Sept. Mtn drives can be spectacular, Aspens and cottonwoods turning. I always struggle with getting my Chin Motorsports track event schedule to coincide with NSXPO... but, if it fits in 2012, we're there!

...and, I like the reference to the history of the NSXCA... has anyone else commented that the first ever national gathering of NSX owners was held in Denver? 1998, I believe (correct me, Ken or Wei-Shen), before the NSXCA existed.

Actually it was 1997 before the club was officially formed...and who could forget the Sterling 11? We have GOT to have a tribute to those drivers....

who could forget the Sterling 11?
attachment.php

The Dates ARE:

Sept. 13-16 (Thurs-Sun): Social Event
Sept. 17-18 (Mon,Tues): Driver's Education Track Event at High Plains Raceway

There may be slight adjustments on the front end (potentially Weds. to begin) and hotel reservations may stay in flux for a bit, but the actual week has been fixed.

Whaa!:frown:

IndyCar race in SoCal is on Sept 15th and I already have tickets.

Whaa!:frown:

IndyCar race in SoCal is on Sept 15th and I already have tickets.

thats ok...go right from watching a race to driving your own car at the track!:smile:

The Dates ARE:

Sept. 13-16 (Thurs-Sun): Social Event
Sept. 17-18 (Mon,Tues): Driver's Education Track Event at High Plains Raceway

There may be slight adjustments on the front end (potentially Weds. to begin) and hotel reservations may stay in flux for a bit, but the actual week has been fixed.

how has the weather been in Colorado around that time of the year?

Is it not advisable for people to drive with race or near race compound tires to the event?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Springs,_Colorado#Climate

Early September is gorgeous. Basically sunny every day and 80. You might hit a rain storm in the mountains though, so I would have good tread depth on your tires. Most mountain rain storms hit after 1 pm, so if you can time your crossing to be through before 1 pm, then you'll likely have smooth sailing.

thats ok...go right from watching a race to driving your own car at the track!:smile:

mmm...good suggestion Doc...:smile:

Issue would be be, a night race on the 15th, then driving 1,043 miles to the track to make the 17th, and I probably wouldn't be in prime shape for track driving at that point...:frown:

mmm...good suggestion Doc...:smile:

Issue would be be, a night race on the 15th, then driving 1,043 miles to the track to make the 17th, and I probably wouldn't be in prime shape for track driving at that point...:frown:

depends on you age,redbull volume, codriver,and lots of luck:eek:

It is our 25th wedding anniversary on Sept. 12th, 2012. (And she still wants to go to NSXPO!!) My wife had a really good time at NSXPO2009.
However, I will need to find something significant in Silver while we are there..
If the locals have any ideas around a silver theme, I would appreciate the help.

It is our 25th wedding anniversary on Sept. 12th, 2012. (And she still wants to go to NSXPO!!) My wife had a really good time at NSXPO2009.
However, I will need to find something significant in Silver while we are there..
If the locals have any ideas around a silver theme, I would appreciate the help.

Geez Warren, what's wrong with lots of Coors Silver Bullets for her? :tongue:

It was posted live simultaneously with the announcement during NSXPO 2011: :biggrin:

http://www.nsxpo2011.net/nsxpo-2012.html

Yes, hence my "reference" to that URL...but I don't know how many people on Prime have managed to come across that page. I knew it existed and almost couldn't find...just think if I didn't know to look for it.

Last edited:
Back