• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2012

Yes, hence my "reference" to that URL...but I don't know how many people have managed to find that page. I knew it existed and almost couldn't find...just think if I didn't know to look for it.

Oops. My bad. I didn't even notice you were linking my own site. :redface:

Been a rough week. TGIF........

I think what we need to do is to touch up the graphic with the dates and a "more info coming soon" message and then save it somewhere and get Lud to point the Prime main page to it. Then everyone would see it when they visit Prime. Might also need the standard legal 'weasel words' that Prime isn't associated with NSXCa.

There's plenty of time to change the event logo. Right now it's just words, which is rather bland. Most previous years, the logo was enhanced with graphical flourishes, incorporating something particular to the location, year, etc, such as the racetrack layout (several times), the playing cards for Las Vegas (2010), the maple leaf and Toronto skyline (2009), the Arizona state flag over an immigrant being stopped by police (2005), etc. If the "Ride the Rockies" theme continues, an outline of some mountains seems like an obvious possibility. I'm sure the committee will do something to make the logo and materials look professional and exciting.

There's plenty of time to change the event logo. Right now it's just words, which is rather bland. Most previous years, the logo was enhanced with graphical flourishes, incorporating something particular to the location, year, etc, such as the racetrack layout (several times), the playing cards for Las Vegas (2010), the maple leaf and Toronto skyline (2009), the Arizona state flag over an immigrant being stopped by police (2005), etc. If the "Ride the Rockies" theme continues, an outline of some mountains seems like an obvious possibility. I'm sure the committee will do something to make the logo and materials look professional and exciting.

I enjoyed nsxtasy's reference to the Ariz. flag/etc. logo!

An NSXPO 2012 logo will be developed. However, the graphic below is not a logo....The graphic is the cover page of the proposal we submitted to NSXCO for hosting the event... it includes some of the exceptionally scenic parts of a drive through the Colorado Rockies in the fall.... the "Ride the Rockies." All real photos from our local NSX excursions in the fall....

5389193_orig.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoyed nsxtasy's reference to the Ariz. flag/etc. logo!

An NSXPO 2012 logo will be developed. However, the graphic below is not a logo....The graphic is the cover page of the proposal we submitted to NSXCO for hosting the event... it includes some of the exceptionally scenic parts of a drive through the Colorado Rockies in the fall.... the "Ride the Rockies." All real photos from our local NSX excursions in the fall....

mmm......What is the NSXCO??:D:D:D

Sorry could not resist:tongue:

co=chief officer:wink:

It is our 25th wedding anniversary on Sept. 12th, 2012. (And she still wants to go to NSXPO!!) My wife had a really good time at NSXPO2009.
However, I will need to find something significant in Silver while we are there..
If the locals have any ideas around a silver theme, I would appreciate the help.

Ya, our 25th also next summer...great reason to go to Colorado!

Nice reminder about the silve thing...wait, my NSX is Silverstone....perfect!

I didn't realize my so-called Role Models were CRIMINALS. My world has been rocked. :eek:

What would rock that world even more is if they told you that they had their cruise controls set MUCH higher than 112 mph for a good part of the drive. :D

I didn't realize my so-called Role Models were CRIMINALS. My world has been rocked. :eek:

I may be off, but I thought one had to violate criminal laws, not civil laws, to be called a criminal.

Edited to add: Oh, wait, maybe they were going fast enough for it to be a criminal offense and not a traffic infraction. Kind of silly given there is no victim.

Last edited:
I love Colorado! I am really looking forward to NSXPO in 2012!

IMG_4140NSXEchoLake.jpg

^Here's my hottie on July 12, 2009, on CO-103 next to Echo Lake, about 34 fun miles from Golden.

DSC_1103canvas.jpg

^This is another Colorado photo I took on Sept. 30, 2008, at the Maroon Bells, near Aspen. Just sharing why Colorado is worth the drive. :smile:

Last edited:
I may be off, but I thought one had to violate criminal laws, not civil laws, to be called a criminal.
Nope. You have to violate laws (and depending on the usage you have to be convicted) to be called a criminal. :biggrin:

There are differences between systems of civil laws and criminal laws; most places use one or the other.

It sounds like you're confusing that with the distinction between civil court (where civil procedures such as litigation takes place, filed by a plaintiff for damages against a defendant) and criminal court (where criminal procedures such as violations of the law are tried, filed by a government prosecutor representing the people).

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

Last edited:

Edited to add: Oh, wait, maybe they were going fast enough for it to be a criminal offense and not a traffic infraction. Kind of silly given there is no victim.

No victim? What about all the people they flew by with such wreckless disregard for human life?:rolleyes:

That's why I only drive the speed limit, any faster and you put everyone at risk.

IMG_4140NSXEchoLake.jpg

^Here's my hottie on July 12, 2009, on CO-103 next to Echo Lake, about 34 fun miles from Golden.

DSC_1103canvas.jpg

^This is another Colorado photo I took on Sept. 30, 2008, at the Maroon Bells, near Aspen. Just sharing why Colorado is worth the drive. :smile:

That looks like the lake from the Broke Back Mountain movie.

ClipArtBrokebackMountainGyllenhaalLedgerembraceC1.gif

DSC_1103canvas.jpg

THAT is an amazing picture!

Are non-NSXs going to be allowed for the track event? My wife want to know.

That looks like the lake from the Broke Back Mountain movie.

ClipArtBrokebackMountainGyllenhaalLedgerembraceC1.gif

That looks a lot more like the Tetons...and almost nothing like the Maroon Bells Kyras posted save for being mountains with some water.

Edited to add: Without trees in the foreground of the lake it dawned on me this couldn't be the Tetons. Wikipedia says that movie was filmed in the Big Horn range (east of Yellowstone...Tetons are south).

Last edited:
That looks a lot more like the Tetons...and almost nothing like the Maroon Bells Kyras posted save for being mountains with some water.

Edited to add: Without trees in the foreground of the lake it dawned on me this couldn't be the Tetons. Wikipedia says that movie was filmed in the Big Horn range (east of Yellowstone...Tetons are south).

The film was set in the Big Horn range of Wyoming, but filmed entirely in Southern Alberta. Mostly in Kananaskis country, Canmore and south of Calgary. That lake is really a river in Southern Alberta, just outside of Banff. The mountain is Mount Lougheed, just outside of Calgary.

Will the Elk herd be out and about in Estes Park that time of year ?

Went through there in November a few years back, lots of Elk wandering around a park by the road

Will the Elk herd be out and about in Estes Park that time of year ?

Went through there in November a few years back, lots of Elk wandering around a park by the road

Elk are a bit overpopulated in the RMNP area from lack of hunting and natural predators, so there isn't a shortage of them. The NSXPO time of year (mid/late Sept) is prefect for elk viewing as it is rutting season. If you stick around in Estes/RMNP as dusk approaches you'll hear the males start bugling (they'll continue basically all night) and sometimes see them posturing, antler wrestling, etc. As it is starting to cool a lot of elk will be in the Estes Park area, having come down from higher elevations. There is some rutting down in the town itself. I recall hearing bugling all night when I stayed at the Stanley Hotel several years back during essentially the same week that NSXPO will be.

Nope. You have to violate laws (and depending on the usage you have to be convicted) to be called a criminal. :biggrin:

There are differences between systems of civil laws and criminal laws; most places use one or the other.

It sounds like you're confusing that with the distinction between civil court (where civil procedures such as litigation takes place, filed by a plaintiff for damages against a defendant) and criminal court (where criminal procedures such as violations of the law are tried, filed by a government prosecutor representing the people).

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

So if you violate a civil law, you can be called a civilian?:wink: Seriously, NSXPO 2012 just got chosen as our yearly vacation. Been 20+ years since I've been to Golden & Estes Park, be interesting to see how much it's changed.

Back