• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2012

Are non-NSXs going to be allowed for the track event? My wife want to know.

Due to the stagnant state of our economy, we decided for NSXPO 2011 to allow non-nsx drivers to register for the event. That enabled us to offset the high costs of track rental/insurance and yet still conduct a track event for our members. As a result of that success, in all likelihood we will probably open the event to other drivers this year as well but I am waiting to see the contracts and then the Board will discuss it with the NSXPO 2012 Planning Committee.

I'm sure the track manager can give you a good idea regarding how many non-NSXes you might expect if you open it up to others.

I believe they normally get 15-50 total cars on an open track day (depending on the weather). It's rarely ever crowded on track.

Hey Joe,
We were really glad you came to NSXPO this year and I had a blast running with you on the track! Don is working on dropping the engine on the ITR as we speak.

Thread derail
We're also thinking of doing another local Track event next year; perhaps NJMP again though maybe at Thunderbolt. Depends on whether we would be able to get enough interest to make the event break even. We were considering joining up with another club to help make it happen. Perhaps the ITR and S2000 group though I'm not sure if that would do it. Do you have any interest in working with me on this since I know you are active in the ITR group? PM me if you do.
End of Thread derail

Looking forward to seeing you out in Colorado too! Seems like we'll have a good size caravan heading out that way.

Keep checking the track section on Prime as that is where we will post any information - probably sometime after the holidays we will have a better idea of whether or not we put something together. ITR Trash always welcome :tongue:

What is thunderbolt action?

I think he thinks we are still talking about thunderbolt at njmp which was the venue for 2011 wait till he realizes we are in Denver for 2012.

As long as Poohkie has already derailed this thread with talk of New Jersey, here is the "sister" track to Thunderbolt at New Jersey Motosports Park. This is the Lightning track we used at NSXPO 2011.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h_StMhfX8Bk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think he thinks we are still talking about thunderbolt at njmp which was the venue for 2011 wait till he realizes we are in Denver for 2012.

This is what I was referring to, see two posts above yours.

Thread derail
We're also thinking of doing another local Track event next year; perhaps NJMP again though maybe at Thunderbolt.

Last edited:
I LOVE Colorado. My brother and his sons all live in the Denver-Boulder area. Have a great friend Jeff with a 91 NSX (screaming fast with Nitrus) out there. So---how can I say no to that opportunity. For those heading west via I64, perhaps we can caravan a bit? I'm locking in the dates NOW.:biggrin:

I have never been but am looking forward to meeting alot of you guys.
I will be there this time 99% sure.

I am gonna write my prime user name on the front and rear of my cars glass

reverse on the front like an ambulance LOL

Shawn110975

No need to vandalize your NSX, Shawn. We are thinking of doing nametags with the person's Prime name (if they have one lol).

No need to vandalize your NSX, Shawn. We are thinking of doing nametags with the person's Prime name (if they have one lol).
+1
If you can print name tags with Prime names, it really would make a difference. Great plan.

If anyone is going and traveling across Wyoming via I-80, might I suggest cutting through Laramie, WY at 287 and connecting to Ft Collins to hook up with I-25? It shaves nearly an hour off the trip and is pretty scenic. It's a newer highway and I've never seen a semi on it when I've used it. No services along the way, so make sure you fill up in Laramie.

I am driving down from Winnipeg. I think there is another Manitoban contemplating going as well.
I made the trip from Winnipeg to Las Vegas 2 years ago, this trip will be shorter.

Back