• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2012

My wife and I are driving down from Edmonton!
I am driving down from Winnipeg. I think there is another Manitoban contemplating going as well.
I made the trip from Winnipeg to Las Vegas 2 years ago, this trip will be shorter.
I'm thinking of doing it as well. Might be the closest it will ever be for me. Much better than Vegas was.

Awesome! Warren, could definitely meet up with you on your way, and we could perhaps meet the others somewhere in the US. Maybe we can round up a few others and make it a real convoy! I have never been to an NSXpo, so having some friendly faces would be a real bonus!

I'm thinking of doing it as well. Might be the closest it will ever be for me. Much better than Vegas was.

Ian, you should be less than 12 hours away. I have over 6 hours to the US boarder..!
Mr. Fuji, we will be spending a few days to get to Denver area. We have good friends in Littleton CO., so we will arrive the week before NSXPO.

Last edited:
I am just reading about this it coincides with my holidays so I now have a destination. I will try and convice my cousin to attend as well as he is a new owner now. He is also in Edmonton.

For all groups considering car haulers to NSXPO, if you go with Intercity ask for Lee. He is a Colorado local and transported my NSX from NYC to Denver. Great guy, great service and he's seen almost everything. He'll talk your ear off about the different cars he has transported. :)

For all groups considering car haulers to NSXPO, if you go with Intercity ask for Lee. He is a Colorado local and transported my NSX from NYC to Denver. Great guy, great service and he's seen almost everything. He'll talk your ear off about the different cars he has transported. :)

please ask him to consider a group discount if the NE and Fl. contigents can fill two trucks.

Hi

Hmm here I go again.

I have not driven the NSX at all in 2011 as she had a ball joint that was untight and I was busy with some damn lawyer fighting. That is all settled now. And the NSX will be ok for the road when she comes out of hibernation in may.

I will do some NSX driving this summer. But I can't do that for all the weeks I have off.

So I found myself powering up TomTom on my cellphone to see where the heck Golden CO is. I had no idea. Now I know.

What would be cool is to ship the NSX over and do a roadtrip in the Us. But that is not doable. Buying a NSX to go around in +NSXPO is not doable.

So then I found myself thinking that it would be cool to travel to Las Vegas. Visit the Vegas crowd. Then rent a Camaro SS and go with the Vegas boys to NSXPO.

In 2010 I rented a Camaro not the SS(and it was a lazy pig) and drove Las Vegas<->LA.

How about that? What do you think about such an idea?

I see it is 1204km/740 miles from Lance in Las Vegas to Golden CO. That is a couple of days driving.

I see I have these cars to choose from in the fun collection at Hertz
Chevrolet Camaro SS
Ford Mustang GT Premium
Corvette Convertible
Dodge Challenger RT

Are there any other firms that have some fun cars that someone would recommend? (affordable)

Best regards

Last edited:
For those coming from northern CA and looking for a car hauler, I would contact Hoover at Turbohoses Motorsports. He is a former NSX owner and is now heavily involved with Nobles and custom modification / tuning. We have used his services twice and his drivers are first rate and really take care of the cars. (One driver elected to sleep in the truck-I was there when Hoover told him about his room and the driver said that he was going to sleep in the truck because our car was in the trailer. This was during SEMA after NSXPO Vegas and the driver had other cars to take home)

Uh oh...the boosted club are going to have to rework thier ecu maps:wink:

Not a problem for my twins. Already had it at 10,000 ft (top of the Sandias) and down to 4 - Sarasota. They don't mind the crisper/denser air.

We do this every Nsxpo

I don't think so (Have printed Prime names on ID badges)... Many of us last year wrote our 'Prime' names on our ID badges. May still have mine.

I don't think so (Have printed Prime names on ID badges)... Many of us last year wrote our 'Prime' names on our ID badges. May still have mine.

We did it last year and included the prime names on the badges for those who entered those names on the registration application. We will try to emphasize that more on future applications to assist our members in being able to put a face to the prime name.

My wife and I are thinking about going. We just have to make arrangements as our youngest is still in school. We'll be driving down from Edmonton.

Albert, looking forward to seeing you there!. I am sure we will have an opportunity to discuss this more this summer.

Last edited:
Awesome! Warren, could definitely meet up with you on your way, and we could perhaps meet the others somewhere in the US. Maybe we can round up a few others and make it a real convoy! I have never been to an NSXpo, so having some friendly faces would be a real bonus!

If I'm still in Alberta by then, I'd definitely be interested. Safer in a convoy (from other cars that is).

Altitude... I'm going to suggest to my Dad to ship the car up here a month in advance, that way I can get it nice and adjusted to our thin air up here.

Yeah, thin air. That's the ticket!

(this post was not serious)

Altitude... I'm going to suggest to my Dad to ship the car up here a month in advance, that way I can get it nice and adjusted to our thin air up here.

Yeah, thin air. That's the ticket!

(this post was not serious)

No but funny!!!

Hi

So then I found myself thinking that it would be cool to travel to Las Vegas. Visit the Vegas crowd. Then rent a Camaro SS and go with the Vegas boys to NSXPO.

In 2010 I rented a Camaro not the SS(and it was a lazy pig) and drove Las Vegas<->LA.

How about that? What do you think about such an idea?

I see it is 1204km/740 miles from Lance in Las Vegas to Golden CO. That is a couple of days driving.

Best regards

740 miles is a couple of days? Piker! That's only +- 9 hours and what else have you got to do? I figure it's 1900 from Sarasota Florida and it's the ride of a lifetime... well until the next NSXPO!

740 miles is a couple of days? Piker! That's only +- 9 hours and what else have you got to do? I figure it's 1900 from Sarasota Florida and it's the ride of a lifetime... well until the next NSXPO!

Ole, hope to see you in CO. I have a 1300 mile trip from Edmonton. Would really like to see that green turbo monster!

Ole, hope to see you in CO. I have a 1300 mile trip from Edmonton. Would really like to see that green turbo monster!

Looking forward to seeing you there, Warren. Happy to give you a spin in with the twins!

Hi

Piker? I don't know that word. But I think I understand. I think it was Lance from LV that said it's a couple days of driving. I was the driver when he and his wife was over here in Norway and we did more than 900 miles. But we took the scenic route going from south of Norway to north of Norway.

I was thinking starting driving tuesday morning. And then be @Golden at about 3 in the afternoon on wednesday for early arrival to NSXPO. That is about 1.5 days.

That was the plan as of now.

Best regards

Hi

Piker? I don't know that word. But I think I understand. I think it was Lance from LV that said it's a couple days of driving. I was the driver when he and his wife was over here in Norway and we did more than 900 miles. But we took the scenic route going from south of Norway to north of Norway.

I was thinking starting driving tuesday morning. And then be @Golden at about 3 in the afternoon on wednesday for early arrival to NSXPO. That is about 1.5 days.

That was the plan as of now.

Best regards

Sounds like a plan to me, Martin. I missed Norway when visiting the mother country of Denmark where my family is from. Smallish city named Horsens.

Are there any plans to have a parts swap/sale at the expo? I have a lot of stuff i would like to get rid of. I have not been to any of the events so sorry if i asked an obvious question.

Back