• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CEL codes P0335 and P0107

Hi, everybody

My engine is idle is very rough, and the car is not driveable. The CEL codes are P0335 (Crankshaft Position Sensor malfunction), and P0107 (MAP sensor low input). It appears my Crankshaft Position Sensor has died.

Has anyone experienced a CPS failure? My car is a 2001 NSX with an SoS supercharger.

Thanks!

Philippe

Hi, everybody

My engine is idle is very rough, and the car is not driveable. The CEL codes are P0335 (Crankshaft Position Sensor malfunction), and P0107 (MAP sensor low input). It appears my Crankshaft Position Sensor has died.

Has anyone experienced a CPS failure? My car is a 2001 NSX with an SoS supercharger.

Thanks!

Philippe

A little history is in order here:). Has the car been fine for a while, and then this occured? How many miles of good vs. bad running? Mileage?

Regards,
LarryB

Hi, Larry B

Here's the full story...

A couple of mornings ago I started the car and it immediately began a rough idle and the "Check engine light" came on. The day before the car ran fine like it always does. I pulled the codes after shutting off the engine. During the brief period that the engine ran I noticed that the exhaust had a strange odor, too. I also noticed dark exhaust smoke coming from the tail pipes.

My car has 42,000 miles and an SoS supercharger. Car was tuned by SoS after they installed the SC. Car has run fine until a couple of mornings ago when I started it up to go for a drive. It came as a shock; ie, it just happened without warning.

My NSX technician feels the problem is a failed Crankshaft Position Sensor as the symptoms mimic the symptoms he has seen on other failed sensors on other Acuras. However, I am open to other peoples' impressions.

Thank you for your input.

Philippe

Last edited:
I am assuming your tech checked this, but the connector for the crack sensor does get relocated for the SC install, worth a check to insure it is tight. It is a shame since this is not a small job, it is the timing belt plus...

Also as mentioned above to check ALL grounds, one on the ignitor and one on the block by the alternator.

HTH,
LarryB

Hi, Larry B

Here's the full story...

A couple of mornings ago I started the car and it immediately began a rough idle and the "Check engine light" came on. The day before the car ran fine like it always does. I pulled the codes after shutting off the engine. During the brief period that the engine ran I noticed that the exhaust had a strange odor, too. I also noticed dark exhaust smoke coming from the tail pipes.

My car has 42,000 miles and an SoS supercharger. Car was tuned by SoS after they installed the SC. Car has run fine until a couple of mornings ago when I started it up to go for a drive. It came as a shock; ie, it just happened without warning.

My NSX technician feels the problem is a failed Crankshaft Position Sensor as the symptoms mimic the symptoms he has seen on other failed sensors on other Acuras. However, I am open to other peoples' impressions.

Thank you for your input.

Philippe

Last edited:
Back