• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Custom $1500.00 steering wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best steering wheel I ever saw for this car. Notice it's using the original NSX airbag and cruise control buttons (not included in the price):eek: Look

ao19632152001.jpg

Last edited:
You can buy that same setup for the Audi R8 for $750....$1500 is nuts.

Wow! That is nice! I can’t read Japanese…:frown: Can someone translate and get the details? I would love to know more about it. Looks like a very modified 2006+ Honda Civic wheel.

That is a really good looking steering wheel. The only thing Im not all about is the carbonfiber at the top of the wheel. I would worry about my hands slipping. It would be even a cooler steering wheel if some carbonfiber was used in the Honda emblem somehow.

Last edited:
Very nice wheel! I've always wanted a flat bottom, thick steering wheel with the factory airbag. I don't have anything carbon fiber in my interior so I would prefer all leather as my 'dream steering wheel'.

Considering that the regular OEM JDM steering wheel with the H logo costs roughly $750 bucks used, this one at $1500 is not so bad, relatively speaking. It has too much CF though.

I'm all for functional carbon fiber not for looks only...

The only thing Im not all about is the carbonfiber at the top of the wheel. I would worry about my hands slipping.

This would be no different than any car with a wood steering wheel. They are not slippery.

I think with a few other CF accents and some yellow stitching on my interior I could get this interior looking updated. Anyone know of any upgrades for the Gage cluster? My car is yellow with black interior and would love to incorporate some yellow with in the gages.
Ken

am in the only one that finds that wheel to be pretty ugly? :eek:

i think the momo tuners/corses/nardi/personal wheels that ive seen on nsx's look much much better. but then again, im thinking pure looks and not including regards to keeping the airbag functinality...

Last edited:
I love my NSX, hate my OEM Steering wheel!

With that said, if anyone can retain the OEM airbag and cruise control/horn buttons I'm all game for a thicker better feeling steering wheel!

From experience I build do a nice thickly padded wheel (aka e92 m3) style and do a flat bottom with some carbon fiber trim to finish it off. Do go overboard on the CF though and we've got a winner!

rick

FYI, the wheel is a modified stock wheel. He also requires a core exchange. As the OP mentioned, the wheel does not include the airbag or cruise switches.

FYI, the wheel is a modified stock wheel. He also requires a core exchange. As the OP mentioned, the wheel does not include the airbag or cruise switches.

So, then that means we remove the airbag and cruise control buttons and send the core and reinstall the airbag and cruise control buttons on the new wheel we get back?

So, then that means we remove the airbag and cruise control buttons and send the core and reinstall the airbag and cruise control buttons on the new wheel we get back?

AFAIK, that is correct. I had a friend translate the main points of the auction. I have tried contacting a US company about making a similar wheel but have not heard back yet.

Note sure how to ask this but here it goes.

If the steering wheel ring is cut off and lower to get the flat surface on the bottom and then welded back on would this make it to when you turn the wheel is not round?

that is one ugly steering wheel... looks like some cheap thing you can easily find on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back