• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA-1 Type R shift knob?

Does anyone have a picture of the real (JDM) NA-1 Type R shift knob? Or, at the very least, tell me if it was round (like the NA-2) or like the ITR shift knob?

Also, does anyone know what it was made of?

This is the closest thing I have been able to find, though I'm not sure I like the italicized font (it's from a FD2 Civic Type R).

Last edited:
Here is a NA1 NSX-R shift knob and stalk. The shift knob screws in to the stalk, opposite to the NSX setup. I would look into the Zanardi shift knob.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147780

SAM_3856.jpg

Zanardi Shift Knob
DSCN3249.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, I tested out the NA-2 shift knob in Kuni's car yesterday. Love the feel, and it makes you feel as if there was already a short-shifter in there.

The NA-1 knob looks like, based on the link you provided, one would have to buy the shift stalk mechanism as well, right?

Also, the NA-1 knob is plain (i.e., there are no numbers etched on it)?

The red is for Integra/Civic Type R - I think.

NA1 Type R shift knob is same as the Zanardi shift knob which you can order through your Acura dealer. Also that the knob you get from S2K CR is similar in shape but made from a different material. Softer metal. Judging by the machine mark pattern on the OP's picture, it is same as the S2k CR.

Last edited:
The knobs for the S2K CR and the Civic Type-R are made from aluminum, I believe. I have the NA2 NSX-R knob and it feels fabulous, the weighting is perfect. Just wish the lettering was red to match my car but oh well...

S.O.S. has a NA2-R replica shift knob made of aluminum. $64.50. The only thing is it has a 6 speed shift pattern on it.

CRknob_450.jpg

The OCD in me would definitely have a problem with a 6-speed knob on a 5-speed tranmission!:biggrin:

It would be your little secret! You can change out the shift boot plate and put a 6 speed pattern on that also. :wink:

I just installed the Zanardi Shift Knob with the lower threaded type S stalk and i love it. feels better than the NA2 R that was on it b4

The knobs for the S2K CR and the Civic Type-R are made from aluminum, I believe. I have the NA2 NSX-R knob and it feels fabulous, the weighting is perfect. Just wish the lettering was red to match my car but oh well...

Easy fix for that... Red touch up paint. Use a toothpick to get it down in the engraving. If you get paint on the face of the knob no worries, All you have to do is lightly rub a piece of scothbright pad over it in a circular motion ( AGAIN LIGHTLY) until the paint comes off the face.

NA1 Type R shift knob is same as the Zanardi shift knob which you can order through your Acura dealer.

NA1 type R shift knob is not the same as the Zanardi. The NA1 type R knob looks almost the same as the Zanardi, but is smaller and has a male threaded end to screw in the female end NA1 type R gear lever stalk.(RHD only)

S.O.S. has a NA2-R replica shift knob made of aluminum. $64.50. The only thing is it has a 6 speed shift pattern on it.

CRknob_450.jpg

From the picture I can tell you it look more like an OEM S2K CR knob.

NA1 type R shift knob is not the same as the Zanardi. The NA1 type R knob looks almost the same as the Zanardi, but is smaller and has a male threaded end to screw in the female end NA1 type R gear lever stalk.(RHD only)

I'm certain it is the same because I had both of them in the past. I ordered NA1 R knob form Japan for my old 95 but never installed it, and when I got my 2003, I ordered the Zanardi knob as part of the deal for buying the car from the Acura dealer. So if I'm wrong, oh well, you are the man for discovering that :)

However, either one of them should be mated with the proper linkage because if you use the standard linkage, it will be too tall.

Last edited:
I looked up that part number and all it comes up with are 6-speed patterns, where did you get that one!? I like it.

I think it was the JDM DC2 Intergra Type R knob.

From the picture I can tell you it look more like an OEM S2K CR knob.

I think you're right Vance. Good catch :smile: S.O.S. has CR on the bottom of the pic. I didn't know what that meant. Should have thought about s2K.

i have one of those from ebay. its tiny and i think its actually a fake. i dont believe a brand new jdm dc2 type r knob would be sold for $40

I see, but I do remember seen something like that. Maybe it was used in the European Civic R. Someone should be able to check the parts number on the box, but you are right, $40 bucks creates suspicion.

The GENUINE NA1 NSX-R gear knob is NOT the same as any other NSX gear knob. Its ALLOT smaller and as mentioned, threaded differently.

I also had the NSX Type-S gear knob which is the same as the Zanardi one, its allot bigger and heavier and is female threaded.

Some more pics:

SAM_3952.jpg

SAM_3954.jpg

SAM_3955.jpg

SAM_3956.jpg

SAM_3957.jpg

SAM_3958-1.jpg

Thank you Sudesh. Those are great pics. Is that your car?

So does "threaded differently" mean that in order for me to run it on my car, I would have to change out the shifter base/stalk as well?

Thank you Sudesh. Those are great pics. Is that your car?

So does "threaded differently" mean that in order for me to run it on my car, I would have to change out the shifter base/stalk as well?

Yeah thats my NSX!

Again yes, in order to fit the NSX-R knob you would have to change the lever/stalk too, unless you were able to modify your own some how but could be quite difficult as you would need to get the angle and height right correct.

As seen in the link provided:

NSX-R on left ---- Standard on RIGHT

SAM_3853.jpg

SAM_3857.jpg

Back