• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 black nsx for sale

hello every one. Qustion for you all. I am thinking of buying this 91 black nsx really nice with 56k miles. However when i lift the hood open i notice that the center of the front trunk where the tire sets is blue. The guy told me that some black nsx;s came like that and the history is clean never been in an accident as i was told adn i got carfax too. Its black with tan leather but the front underneath the hood is (center) is blue. Is this something normal ? came that way? or it had a front clip ? thanks a bunch.

Not normal.

There shouldn't be different colors of paint anywhere.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

Originally posted by [email protected]:
hello every one. Qustion for you all. I am thinking of buying this 91 black nsx really nice with 56k miles. However when i lift the hood open i notice that the center of the front trunk where the tire sets is blue. The guy told me that some black nsx;s came like that and the history is clean never been in an accident as i was told adn i got carfax too. Its black with tan leather but the front underneath the hood is (center) is blue. Is this something normal ? came that way? or it had a front clip ? thanks a bunch.

The VIN will tell you what color the car should be.

Someone will look it up for you or you insurance co. should be able to.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

The VIN will not give you the color of the car.

There should be a decal on the door jamb (I believe) that does give you the color code, but that might be missing or it could be applied in an attempt to hide the original color.

If they repainted the car and neglected to paint the front under-hood compartment, you shouldn't have much trouble finding other areas on the car that are the wrong color.

-Jim

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/vin.htm

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 23 February 2003).]

Originally posted by Jimbo:
The VIN will not give you the color of the car.

There should be a decal on the door jamb (I believe) that does give you the color code, but that might be missing or it could be applied in an attempt to hide the original color.

If they repainted the car and neglected to paint the front under-hood compartment, you shouldn't have much trouble finding other areas on the car that are the wrong color.

-Jim

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/vin.htm

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 23 February 2003).]

Woops your right Jimbo, its in the doorjam .
smile.gif

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Don't buy that car Salaam, it is obvious the seller doesn't know what he is talking about.
It dawned on me that the tire holder may have been painted blue. Is that the part you are referring to? If so that part is easy to remove and paint so the car is as described.

[This message has been edited by Tony Montoya (edited 24 February 2003).]

Thank you all. Well i thought that blue was only the in late models like 96 and higher, so it doesnt make sense that even if it was blue it had to be an early model and why would you get it painted blue. Strange color combo. Maybe some came that way in 91. Any how if you guys think of something let me know again please thanks a bunch.

Maybe some came that way in 91.

No.

Actually, I think the question is, why would someone paint it black over the blue? And what's under the blue?

Perhaps someone painted the blue over the black just in that area for some reason.

In any event, there's something odd going on. Carfax should not be taken as the truth.

-J

Originally posted by [email protected]:
Thank you all. Well i thought that blue was only the in late models like 96 and higher, so it doesnt make sense that even if it was blue it had to be an early model and why would you get it painted blue. Strange color combo. Maybe some came that way in 91.

No, none came that way in '91. Purple wasn't introduced until '95, and the blue first became available in North America in the '97 model year.

Back