• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

UK NA2 Race Car Build

Black ITR was a customer build- hi comp na engine

Only the bottom was media blasted (soda) to remove the underseal. Soda is a lot more forgiving than other media

The column is a bosch unit - actually out of a Vauxhall Corsa B (GM)

Well its been very slow progress on this. Bodyshop guy hasnt touched the body kit yet so I decided to get it back in the workshop and just start building it back up and do the bodykit later. Been a slight change of direction on this now - from a race car to a Porsche GT3 RS spec road/track carAnyway pics of developments. Most suspension components have been cleaned and installed

- - - Updated - - -

Decided to try out the OEM NSX Manual rack with my custom EPAS system (rather than the custom quick rack I had made).

The fit of the system is really nice and even managed to retain the OEM look with stalks and wheel surround

Refurbed OEM Manual RHD rack

Customised EPAS column

Pretty nice column alignment

Installed

Not a bad OEM look!

Nice work. You should get pretty close if not bang on with your weight target based on where we are at with our car and what we know now we could do differently next time........ we can easily get ours below 1000KG now if we go a bit more extreme..... first time around you just don't know and you play it safe.........

It'll make a great car for track days / GT3 work........

Looking forward to seeing how it comes together.......

Would also be interested to see what you did there although saying that.... I've been amazed at how good the steering is on the NSX and even though we're running 245 slicks on the front it's still not hard work even after a serious number of laps...........

I can assume with a lot of aero and larger tires it might be getting beyond it, but it's only really needed at low speeds which is why I guess they originally had the EPS only working below 20kph or something like that...... but it was quite a weight penalty.... (15KG I think) to have the EPS rack.....

Glad our thread was of some use........ I was a little frustrated when we built our car as there were a lot of people who got all "secret squirrel" on us and wouldn't tell us what they did, so I wanted to make sure our thread was there to help others if they were looking for ideas........

There were a few selected people like Shad from Driving Ambition, Ross from STMPO and the guys at FXMD and Ti Dave who were great helping us out with parts and advice so Prime really was an amazing source of information for us so I'm stoked you have also got something from what I posted back for other Prime members. I love this place....... so much passion for the car after so long........it's what it should be like !

Not much progress, but just more shopping. Picked up some nearly new Nitron 2 ways so selling the Clubsports. And also got some ITBs from Chris at SoS

Last edited:
Back