• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Est Fest 2012, Windermere House, Muskoka Lakes, May 25-27

Photo1.jpg

I know it's a little early talking about next season but since a decision has been made for Est Fest 2012, it would be appropriate to introduce it so everyone has the opportunity to read up, plan ahead, and book off that weekend for another exciting event. To those who are unfamiliar with Est Fest, here is a LINK to our 2011 event.

The planning started this fall to ensure we have the appropriate venue picked out. Six resorts were approached for proposal where it was narrowed down to two up until last week. After careful consideration and series of feedback from some of you, your executives are pleased to introduce the Windermere House (Muskoka Lakes) as our official host for Est Fest 2012.

c2599d784a8d88a1f1896c7d2856.jpeg

The Resort:
Windermere House (56 rooms) is a legendary waterfront resort in the village of Windermere on beautiful Lake Rosseau in the Muskoka Lakes. It is known as The Lady of the Lakes. It was built in 1870 in Victorian style, originally as a boarding house and overlooks Lake Rosseau. In 1996, the then 127-year-old house was burned to the ground during the filming of The Long Kiss Goodnight due to what suspect to be production equipment malfunction. The house was rebuilt and restored to its original form in the spring of 1997 and had gone through series of renovations and updates making it one of the most frequented resort in Muskoka.

Windermere%27s-Lakeview.jpg

The House is home to a popular pub which survived the fire and is a popular place to eat for people in town or tourists who stop in during the summer months. Behind the house is an 18-hole golf course which is also popular during the summer months. There is also an outdoor pool, a tennis court, a fitness room, large playground, and a beach at which families can swim and play. Outdoor activities including hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding just to name a few.

windermere800-5-17-08.jpg

Accommodations:
NSXCC has negotiated room block of 25, which consist of both garden-view ($115/night) and lake-view ($135/night) rooms that includes in room WIFI access. We will also be renting the 4-bdms Windermere cottage as our HQ for all after hour festivities which include but not limited to socializing, drinking, cigar smoking, partying, trash-talking, lap-dancing should anyone sees fit (RED?).

Lakeview_2.jpg

Meal service:
We are hosting a kickoff BBQ on Friday at the cottage follow by social by the bonfire. For the balance of the weekend, buffet breakfast will be $15 pp. Saturday plated dinner will be $50 pp. All meal service and accommodation are subject to gratuities and taxes. Our dinner service will be provided by the Oliver & Bonacini restaurants as they are the exclusive service provider for the Windermere House, so be prepared to put you diet off for this weekend.

mark%2Bmarchment1.jpg

Also for this Est Fest, NSXCC will be charging a nominal fee of $25 pp to go towards prizes, give aways, Friday night BBQ and non-alcoholic drinks throughout the weekend. In the past the club had always absorbed the cost and quite frankly it has depleted our club reserve. With our club growing every year we need to build this back up so we may continue to plan bigger and better events for our members. Our short-term goal is for a break-even Est Fest 2012. Also, please note this will be a BYOB event so bring along something you personally enjoy and like to share with others.

Exclusive-Dining.jpg

Spa services:
At the Windermere House, in-house spa service will be provided by the Sanctuary International Day Spa. Bookings will start closer to the event date. For a list of services, please check out the attached LINK.

media.php

Car Cruises:
Muskoka Lakes has some of the most beautiful cruising roads in all of Ontario, and we are going to take advantage and drive through many of them. Over the course of the winter, cruise maps will be developed but if you are seasoned Muskoka cottagers or visitors and you have routes to recommend, please send your recommendations (or google maps) to [email protected].

8043c6df.jpg

5552010_65701da33b.jpg

What to do next:
1) Book off your calendar for May 25-27 weekend. We are booking you 7 months in advance, so there should be little chance you already have plans.

2) Call/Email Windermere House (1-888-946-3376 / [email protected]) and book your room. You choices are $115 garden-view room, or $135 for lake-view room. You are not registered until you have booked your room.

3) Sign up on this post and advise whether you plan to bring a co-pilot.
Note that our discount rates will expire December 31. After that our rates go back to regular $190 and $265. Don’t make the mistake of waiting, thinking you can book later. With the rates we have been offered (40% and 50% discounts respectively), you are best to first reserve your room even if you are not sure you can attend. At these offers you would be foolish to miss it. You WILL NOT find deeper discounts booking on your own, so take advantage and join us for Est Fest 2012.

So what are you still waiting for? Remember, you are not signed up until you have booked your hotel, so do that first. It is not early to make plan for spring. We only have 25 rooms blocked. Once they are gone, they are gone.

Cancellation Policy:
Due to the deep discounts offered by Windermere for our event, we have been reminded of their cancellation policy. If you book now and cancel by March 24, 2012, there will be NO cancellation fee applied. If you cancel between March 25 to May 17, 2012 there will be a $50 cancellation fee. After May 17, the full cost of your stay and meal service would be charged to your credit card. I think these expectations are fair and give us flexibility to make changes.

1) Owen, Karen & Jonathan
2) Stu
3) Bram & Nancy
4) Mike +1
5) Henry & Laura
6) Robert, Michelle, Rhys +1
7) Ed & Natashja
8) John, Carol & Deryn
9) Shawna +1
10) Brad & Liza
11) John C +4
12) Daria & Glynis
13) John G & Christine
14) Rick S & Christina
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)

Last edited:
I'm coming!!!!!

Will there be lap dances?
If so I may have to reconsider....:tongue:

I'm totally in! Last years EST fest was my introduction into the club and its events ! What a wonderful experience it was ! Now, as a veteran of a couple Nsxcc overnight trips I am thrilled to book these dates off and have a blast with my fellow members .

Mike t + 1 for now ! Lol

Add Shawna +1
Called the number, no answer so sent an email............

Didn't I say call in early and get first dib.
Some of us may consider giving up our lakeview for a price? Saturday breakfast perhaps. :biggrin:
Anyhow, the place looks amazing whether it's gardenview or lakeview rooms. Book soon everyone!!

Last edited:
Lake view? Thought it was a river view that I booked.

Even better.....:cool:

Looking at pictures from my OP, we can clearly see lake rosseau right in front of the resort so I have now updated my reference.

Anyone who are planning to attend should book asap and beat the rush. We are only getting these rates for so long and the room block is only for 25. Once they are gone we can't get anymore at these rates. If you already decided to attend, don't wait to book later. Do it today and post your confirmation here.

This will be the event of the year so book soon everyone!!

Haggling with the hotel peeps via email...I'll be coming with 3 kids...

Add Myself, wife and 3 kids to the mess. We took the last Lakeview Suite suckas!:tongue:

We'll be pulling up the rear in our GPW 2012 Odyssey Touring Type R

Add Myself, wife and 3 kids to the mess. We took the last Lakeview Suite suckas!:tongue:

We'll be pulling up the rear in our GPW 2012 Odyssey Touring Type R

Awesome JC. This will be a fun trip for the family. Shocking to see Honda making a Type R for the Odyssey too? :eek: Ultra light weight I hope? No spare, no in car entertainment, titanium seats, etc... :smile:?

Come on Owen... Ultra light weight and John don't go in the same sentance....:eek: How is the XXXXL Fiesta Jacket!

Bram

:rolleyes:
I'll never live that down. I've got a 5XL JDM (3XL USDM) jacket for sale for the Oprahs in your lives people! I'll bring it to Est Fest.

I'm ordering red Odyssey emblems as we speak...

Back