• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Source 1 FXMD widebody

Can you PM me details on purchasing a rear bumper? Already have a widebody but that rear is fantastic! The whole car looks great though, I probably would've gone this route if it was available when I bought my kit.

I think those aftermarket small square mirrors painted black would look SOOO much better than the OEM ones.

I know :) I am waiting on them to show up. I bought the set Swiftvision posted for sale last week.

EDIT: Just received them :)

Last edited:
Can you PM me details on purchasing a rear bumper? Already have a widebody but that rear is fantastic! The whole car looks great though, I probably would've gone this route if it was available when I bought my kit.

It is my understanding that FX will not sell just a piece of the kit.

I can't believe the fit and finish of these widebody kits! They're as near perfect as you'll ever find!!!

Congrats, looks great and matte orange doesn't look too bad either.

I can't believe the fit and finish of these widebody kits! They're as near perfect as you'll ever find!!!

Congrats, looks great and matte orange doesn't look too bad either.

Thanks, The killer is I spent next to NO time on fitting the kit. This is less than 2 hours of fitment work. Very minor trimming. No sanding prior to vinyl install. I was beyond impressed.. I have next to no experience in body work and what experience I do have in it is limited.

The orange is wearing me thin already, Time to re-wrap it :) Thinking of glossy flat gray but no decision has been made yet.

the clamps on the bumper to fender.. what are they and where can i get some?

Thanks

UPDATE:

The car is undergoing some changes.

LoveFab is soon shipping out the Stage 2 kit to us for install. Looking for 450rwhp which in my opinion is the best power for the car.

Also ordered Front and rear StopTech brakes.

Next to purchase is the KW V.3 Suspension and get rid of the Tein.

Did some more weight reduction - The total weight of the car will be figured out after all of the modifications are complete.

It is going to be a fun year with this car!

UPDATE:

The car is undergoing some changes.

LoveFab is soon shipping out the Stage 2 kit to us for install. Looking for 450rwhp which in my opinion is the best power for the car.

Also ordered Front and rear StopTech brakes.

Next to purchase is the KW V.3 Suspension and get rid of the Tein.

Did some more weight reduction - The total weight of the car will be figured out after all of the modifications are complete.

It is going to be a fun year with this car!
Are you taking it to colorado?

I wish.. Been waiting on parts for a couple months....

Brakes should be here next week. Hoping the turbo kit is here this week.. We shall see.

Got the APR wing installed, harnesses in, sound deadening removed.

Everything is set, so as soon as the parts come we are set to install. Car is prepped and ready.

Last edited:
Updates!!!

Last Thursday was Christmas here at Source 1. Lovefab stage 2 showed up, big brakes showed up. SOS Motor mounts, Downforce CF interior goodies.

Pics of installation progress. :biggrin:

Dyno/Tune next tuesday. I will update the thread with results. VERY happy with the Turbo set up so far. Impressive design and layout.

Attachments

• top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 184
  • sideturbo.jpg
    sideturbo.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 167
  • df cf parts2.jpg
    df cf parts2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 159
  • turbodone.jpg
    turbodone.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 172
  • DF CF parts.jpg
    DF CF parts.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 158
  • big brakes1.jpg
    big brakes1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 141
  • sosmotormounts.jpg
    sosmotormounts.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 160
  • bigbrakes4.jpg
    bigbrakes4.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 156
This bad boy is going to be sweet. If I ever get around to going to to Tail of the Dragon i will def have to stop at your place to check it out probably next year though :frown:

Hey guys!

Just got off of the Dyno, Being this cars bottom end has 188k miles on it I decided NOT to shoot for super high numbers. Looking for 400-425hp on UNDER 9lbs with a super safe tune with LOW IAT's

86 degrees raining so humidity was high obviously. Ran it on a 5.8lb spring first and got to 371rwhp.. I wanted more obviously. I just wanted to step up gradually. installed a variation of springs into the Tial MVR wastegate and got it to 8lbs. Ended up at 425rwhp on 8lbs and very safe. The car has tons more in it but I want to get as much out of this motor as I can while I build the extra engine.

I am very happy with the Lovefab kit. Cody was easy to get in touch with during the install and tune. And was great with troubleshooting any little thing.

Last edited:
Obviously we did not build this car for 1/4 mile racing but Ran the car at the local track last night. For some reason its only spinning one rear tire. Looking into that today or tomorrow. But spinning the tires, traction was an issue for the first 60-80 ft. ran 12.1 at 122. I think the car is easily a 11.7 car hooking up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DkfDinTyx_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That car looked so good going down the 1/4 mile. What are the stats on the S2k it was running against?

Back