• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Formal Intro: Moderu

After 5 months of searching, I finally bought my 92 Berlina NSX on the evening of 10/6/11. On the day of the PPI at Center Acura, the odometer was at 25411. The Carfax, service records, and condition of the vehicle reflected the mileage. Hence, with a little nudging from the 2 NSX technicians, I could not let her go.

I will always miss my Dakar E36 Coupe
IMAG0081.jpg

But...looking forward to making the NSX "mine"
IMAG0242.jpg

Even with the low mileage, the car was not up to my standards. I mean...come on...it's an NSX.

When the weekend hit, I immediately removed the front plate bracket, installed a 8K HID kit, and led bulbs to replace the corner running lights.

IMAG0277.jpg

I also replaced the engine bay struts and trunk struts with OEM from Honda.

Then.........I worked 3.5 days and flew off to Hong Kong and Tokyo for my honeymoon (got married on 10.1.11).

to be continued..........:biggrin:

Last edited:
hello and welcome to the forum. I make it a point to try to beat les to saying be sure to visit the socal section and watch for the upcomming drives. Hope to see you around.

Kenny,

Glad to have you as part of the SoCal group. Love your choice in color. We will see you Sunday.

Les

Last edited:
Am I allowed to document my mods and maintenance on this thread or do I have to start a "build" thread?

I don't have deep pockets, time, nor the skills most of them have. Just want to share updates.

Welcome! I also have a '92 Berlina car. Enjoy it and you couldn't ask to be around a better group of people than the ones here in Socal, I just moved down here not too long ago and I already feel like part of the family.

You should be ok here, just post pics and updates. When you get to a point where a "build" thread makes more sense...I'm sure you'll start one before a mod gets to you.

Edit; congrats on getting married.

Last edited:
2 weeks and still no wheels (sigh)......hopefully my friend can get my stereo system installed this weekend, so I can stop using my Evo as my radio.

Welcome to the NSX family! the Socal guys are an awesome group. We all get along and hang weither it be car/NSX related or not. Hope to see you out at our NSX gatherings and canyon run. Try and find some NSX guys at Cars and coffee in Irvine every Saturday morning. Usually there is at least one of us there.

Refreshing to see you bought an NSX AND got married! Most threads speak of marrying girlfriend; gotta sell car. Later post question----Why did I get rid of that car?:rolleyes: Congrats and enjoy:smile:

Last edited:
Thx for the warm welcomes. Spent my day trying to upgrade my stereo system.

IMAG0317.jpg

Decided to use the back of the OEM speaker panel to make things a little cleaner.

IMAG0321.jpg

Bypassed the stock amps so I was able to use the stock wiring and connectors

IMAG0324.jpg

1 more day of work --- The dreaded cutting of the center console for my double din Clarion NX501.

IMAG0325.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! Welcome aboard.
Once you start, you can't stop:biggrin:

Are those coax kickers? What model?

waiting for more progress pictures

Welcome to prime, I also had an e36 m3 but it was a 4door. You're going to love the nsx but kinda miss the torque of the m3. Nice car btw.

Thx guys!!!

Chris...they are DS65s

manh3...totally understand what you mean. I should've kept it for my daily, but my IS300 was a more practical choice (maintenance wise).

Racing Hart Type C
17x7.5 +? 10mm spacer added
18x10 +? 5mm spacer added

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

Even though I'm not a fan of spacers, rear wheels were stuck on my brake calipers, so it had to be done.

Last edited:
DD install is complete, but I'm not happy with the way it came out. I may have to use the money saved from installation to buy a precut center console.

IMAG0342.jpg

Last edited:
I was bored today, so I decided to install an extra air filter I had laying around the garage. Before you guys flame me, it's not permanent. Just having a little fun with the car. Actually, it's sounds pretty nice...like a deep growling noise with the typical air sucking sound when you turn the car off.
IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0344.jpg

My abs pump was cycling every 3min while I was driving. Not sure if its cuz I havent been driving the car. Luckily, my friend bled the brakes for me and fixed the problem. I was scared it was a failed modulator or pump. Still waiting on my hub though.

I used a blow dryer to heat up the glue and pryed it apart with my hands and a small screw driver. It takes a while because you have to keep reheating the glue. Kinda tricky getting the orange lens off inside as well. Ended up double side taping the "H" onto the orange lens and sealed it back up with silicon.

L_Rao...sorry I'm unsure what car the emblems came from. I just picked up 2 random ones at my friend's shop that he had laying around. My rear one looks like it's the same size as a Civic EG. I live like 5 minutes from Pasadena, so we can meet up anytime you're free for a cruise.

I ordered new Hubcentric Spacers and installed them today. The car feels MUCH better now. 10mm front and back (back looks a little more flushed now).

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0368.jpg

Thought I'd throw in a free AD for my friend's place for Primers close to 626 area.

IMAG0366-1.jpg

Also, my hub arrived from pj1 today (THX Paul). It's the MOMO 4916 hub that's been discontinued.

IMAG0369.jpg

NOW, the problem is.....I don't know how to make it work. I've searched prime and can't find anything on it. I totally forgot about the cruise control function, so I had to put everything back together.

**edit** I found the nsxbuilder.com link, but still have no idea how to make it work.

Last edited:
After 3 hours of trying to figure it out (didn't realize the factory wire wheel was the entire SRS system)....finally got the hub and wheel on...also ended up removing my engine cover to clean up the engine bay.

SRS light is on, so I'll try to use some jumpers from an old computer hard drive to fix it.

Will update tomorrow....hopefully I can get a full wax and polish session in before the New Year.

Happy 2012 Everyone!!!

ALL done. SRS light off and everything. Before I got around to creating a jumper...I thought I could use computer HD jumpers :eek:....WOW...I suck at this DIY stuff.

IMAG0401.jpg

Back