• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Tie Down Location - trailering advice

Primers,

I'm having a friend transport my car and I'm wondering if there's an image or description to show where the best location on the car is for tying down the ratchet type straps?

Enclosed tow behind trailer if that helps...

I searched WIKI and within threads and couldn't find anything...

Thanks!
Cameron

Hope the trailer has electric brakes and your haul rig/truck has an electric trailer brake controller... I have the Prodigy 2 and it's a very good controller.

I think this would do the trick since you said you are using an enclosed trailer.
http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/product/214/WheelNets

You may have to mount a few new D rings in the trailer since this strap uses an idler ring to acheive clearance on low cars.

otherwise, pass-through the rims back to a D ring with padded strap protection should also work out if you have beefy straps

Don't use cheapo straps... inertial weight is different than standing weight when you have to stop in a hurry and you don't want to break a strap in an emergency.

Macs has a very good assortment of pro-level hauling straps to help ya out.

Check your angle of entry to the trailer, that should be the fun part.

Cheers
-

Under the car in the front are the 2 tow hooks and the back should have some as well. I straped them down with those and also used the straps on the second post as well.

Back