• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2012 F1 Thread...

Re: Patience with Pirelli is getting thin......

Finally, the obvious is getting some exposure.

Dr Helmut Marko suspects there are "serious differences" in the quality of the sets of tyres being supplied this year by Pirelli.

Maybe next year we can return control to "those damned drivers and their silly Dilbert engineers."

Well, I can dream, can't I??????:rolleyes:

I agree there are serious quality control issues on those tires, leading to very uneven performance from one set to the next. This does not make F1 a better show. It turns F1 into a bad joke.

Pirelli will never win me as a customer if they keep doing this to my boy JB.

I'll happily keep driving on Michelins.

lol at some of the posts blaming Hamilton for the incident. It's ok for Senna to purposefully take out Prost to win a championship, yet if Hamilton sticks to his line, he's an idiot. The hypocrisy.

As for the tire situation, I am getting a little annoyed with it as well.

Re: Oh, not to worry

Bernie will step in and make sure he gets some good sets. He knows JB is a cash cow; his problem is he needs to "punish" Seb, the real cash cow with some crummy sets. Or would that be Fred???? Obviously I would have more cogitating to do if I was writing the script.

But yeah, JB is due; and what better time and place to throw him a bone than Silverstone? :tongue:

I'm kinda getting used to guessing at the twists and drama in this charade. It is easier than guessing which driver/team is gonna get the latest/newest trick bits and bend the rules. That was so old school, doncha think?

JB failing to get into Q2 this morning can be blamed on poor tactics by McLaren. This is just plain stupid. He set an early so-so time and then parked it, until it was too late to improve due to worsening rain.

Do you root for JB or McLaren?

JB failing to get into Q2 this morning can be blamed on poor tactics by McLaren. This is just plain stupid. He set an early so-so time and then parked it, until it was too late to improve due to worsening rain.

Do you root for JB or McLaren?

Tactics partly to blame, his last lap he had set faster S1 & S2 times and was on course to move him into Q2 until Glock pulled another shenanigan at the last turn causing a yellow flag.

I think tactics came into play for Sauber/Perez as well.

I'm thinking Alonso has a good chance at a 3rd WDC.

If Alonso wins WDC in a Ferrari, he truly is the best driver in the world this year.

Even if he doesn't, he's still probably the best driver this year either way.

A bit of a disappointment at the result, but the team had their best overall result for the season. Plus Fernando is still in first for the WDC. With Redbull supporting Vettel ocer Weber it will be interesting how they handle the deal. Im happy to see Massa perfurm well.
miner

Interesting race all till end with so many passing in first few laps.
Again Fernando and Ferrari did good job,congrats to Mark.Very dissapointing race for McLaren and Mercedes.Sorry for Ceco Sauber looked good in race.

Sorry for Ferando and Ferrari haters finally we have competitive car !

should the FIA be looking at maldonato....he seems to be a tough dance partner.

should the FIA be looking at maldonato....he seems to be a tough dance partner.

Nah, he's no worse than Kobayashi surely?? Or Sato was/is.

I'll grant you Monaco was a true brain fade, but the last couple have come from the heat of racing. And Sunday's clash with Perez was very minor, in that he simply carried too much entry speed and lost momentary control, I can think of half a dozen similar incidents from Massa in the last twelve months alone. Hard luck for Perez though.

Needs counseling, nothing more - it is motor RACING after all.

Chaoic qualifying today....
Yeah, a crap shoot for sure. But, any idea which teams went with a dry set up for possible good (er...better) race weather? That may have played some part as well.

What did Varsha mean in Debrief when he called the silly season "sad"? :confused: Did he mean there were not that many probable changes and not much drama? Even so, "sad" is a strange word.

Fred continues to blaze in that less-than-wonderful-car... amazing! Louis wins tomorrow.

Re: The Red Cars earn their mystique

Fred continues to blaze in that less-than-wonderful-car... amazing! .....
Is the car still crap? I'm not so sure. Plenty of miles and days have gone by since the inital wrong moves in pre-season, so I was thinking that they have righted the ship and made great strides. And not to take anything away from Fred, but I attribute Flippy's recent/decent results to be a sign that the car is much better. (I don't think today's Q means much due to the previously noted weather chaos)

I understand that they stayed with the pull rod suspension despite rumors of scrapping it early on. And do I understand that rumor has it that McLaren thinks its an advantage to the extent they are considering one for next year.

Back