• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2012 F1 Thread...

The RB cars are still fastest cars on the grid but my boy Mr.Alonso again proved he is good on any conditions of track .(must admit Ferrari had best strategie on Q3).
Still tommorow everything is posible!

Re: The Red Cars earn their mystique

Is the car still crap? I'm not so sure. Plenty of miles and days have gone by since the inital wrong moves in pre-season, so I was thinking that they have righted the ship and made great strides. And not to take anything away from Fred, but I attribute Flippy's recent/decent results to be a sign that the car is much better. (I don't think today's Q means much due to the previously noted weather chaos)

I understand that they stayed with the pull rod suspension despite rumors of scrapping it early on. And do I understand that rumor has it that McLaren thinks its an advantage to the extent they are considering one for next year.

The Ferrari is not crap anymore. The bigger storyline is what has happened to McLaren this season? They are still struggling.

Intersting race untill the end.
Good drive by JB hope that Seb will be penalized for overtaking.
Again Mr.Alo did great job.
Miner my man we are still in lead.:biggrin:

A very good drive by JB. Very good.

Vettel's late pass on JB shows shades of Schumacher's attitude back in the old days when he was king and he gambled on the stewards looking the other way, so he would take the risky move anyway and let the stewards decide the race. This time around, the stewards decided against Vettel's favor.

Do we have emotional problems between, or within, the McLaren drivers? Hamilton's blurb on the radio wanting to retire from the race was strange, and even stranger still when the team still sent him out, only to see him retire a few laps later.

Last edited:
Intersting race untill the end.
Good drive by JB hope that Seb will be penalized for overtaking.
Again Mr.Alo did great job.
Miner my man we are still in lead.:biggrin:

Right on.

And the lead is growing. As much as I think JB is a wanker, I think the penalty assessed on Vettel was the right call. I think even he knew he made a mistake, and since this isn't golf, he put the responsibility of enforcing the rules to the stewards.

Miner

Right on.

And the lead is growing. As much as I think JB is a wanker, I think the penalty assessed on Vettel was the right call. I think even he knew he made a mistake, and since this isn't golf, he put the responsibility of enforcing the rules to the stewards.

Miner

Agreed, and judging on past episodes, a slap on the wrist was in order for Vettel, but dropping back a further two places for such a minor indiscretion seems a bit harsh!

And what gave with Webber's performance. He comes out of the pits right behind a Caterham-Renault and can't pass it, but Vettel comes out in roughly the same position behind a Williams-Renault and blows buy down the very next straight?? New gearbox for the race, and the thing couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding??

Psyched for Jenson. Hate seeing Alonso win but Jenson did well so I'll focus on that. No one can claim the Ferrari is a dog anymore.

Got to see the Hockenheim track a couple of days before the start of the race - right when the teams and the event organizers are putting everything together. Went to the museum (huge amount of motorcycles) and poked and prodded as much as possible (Fezza security kicked me out).

Hockenheim is a HUGE track.

Re: Macca figures something out...........

Psyched for Jenson. Hate seeing Alonso win but Jenson did well so I'll focus on that. ..........
It appears that Macca really benefitted from their new bits. Didn't Hamo essentially have a busted car when he came up and ran at the front? (and screwed up Vettel's race........:tongue:) I think both cars were quick with their new package.

AND, I am happy not to rant about the tires this week. :biggrin:

It appears that Macca really benefitted from their new bits. Didn't Hamo essentially have a busted car when he came up and ran at the front? (and screwed up Vettel's race........:tongue:) I think both cars were quick with their new package.

AND, I am happy not to rant about the tires this week. :biggrin:

I loved every minute of Lewis helping Jenson out by charging past Vettel & not allowing him to gain a gap on Jenson. I honestly thought he would do the same to Alonso and then slow the pace down for Jenson to pick them off one by one.

I loved every minute of Lewis helping Jenson out by charging past Vettel & not allowing him to gain a gap on Jenson. I honestly thought he would do the same to Alonso and then slow the pace down for Jenson to pick them off one by one.

I loved it too. My wife was cheering and clapping. Lewis is learning how to be a teammate and has shown remarkable maturity this season. Too bad my boy JB's tires went off with 2 laps to go- he had the pace to pass Fernando.

I loved it too. My wife was cheering and clapping. Lewis is learning how to be a teammate and has shown remarkable maturity this season. Too bad my boy JB's tires went off with 2 laps to go- he had the pace to pass Fernando.

I was giggling like a little school girl when they replayed Vettel waving his hands around at Hamilton.

I was giggling like a little school girl when they replayed Vettel waving his hands around at Hamilton.

x2. Especially doing it in the middle of a turn and corner exit. Hilarious.

Re: I think Matchett may have had a point.........

when he speculated that the last minute on-grid pre-race work done on at least Vettel's car if not both, was to change the ECU back to the legal side of the mapping line. The results (Webber mired all day in 8th and Vettel having a less than Vettel-rific drive) seem to support that speculation.

Anyone else buying that?

Re: Hmmmm, best one I've heard all week.

Vettel came in second bacause Lewis ran interference for JB. Webber was mired in 8th because Red Bull wants Vettel competing for the WDC.
you're kidding right? :confused:

Hamo in a busted car can get ahead of Vettel and RB is going to throw away the constructor points and screw Webber right after they signed him to another contract?

Yeah, you're kidding. Good one. :biggrin:

Hamo in a busted car can get ahead of Vettel and RB is going to throw away the constructor points and screw Webber right after they signed him to another contract?

Yeah wouldn't expect them to do that! But that would explain why Webber was unable to pass the Caterham after his pitstop, but it doesn't explain why Vettel could blow past the Williams in almost the exact same situation just a few laps later. Whatever Webber's problem, we know he is a fighter, and the car's lack of pace was perplexing. Did he have KERS??

Hamilton's run in a busted car was classic McLaren, as best put by Ron Dennis at the end of a wet race many years ago when Lewis was still overloaded with adrenalin and won the race: "Oh, we could have gone faster, but the hardest part was telling our driver not to go too fast." That attitude is partly responsible for them still getting the most lucrative sponsorship money during all these years.

I think the prancing horse may well have the pull rod sorted out.....steep learning curve...the kers seems to be fragile on the RB cars,but rapid passing is possible with drs and kers working together.I'm always rooting for JB because of his Honda BAR roots and I loved the whole amazing Brawn season.

Actually,I'm also thinking similar as Miner,Horner will never allow Seb to be second driver to watch Marks back.The WDC is more importatnt title than WCC.
So they need more points for Seb to be ahead of Mark supporting in second part of campionship one driver to catch Alonso or other leader.

Lot of you gays here in Mclaren duo are for JB,I like him also but think that Lewis is faster driver and that he is the one who will be closer in fight for WDC.

Last edited:
Go Lewis!! (Don't forget your Wellies.)

Last edited:
Back