• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2012 F1 Thread...

Rosberg pure substance.
He has speed and brains, hes been out scoring Michael on the same car for two years now.
-MSR
BTW, I would be awesome if Kobi or 'Checo got on the podium, I would do lots of couch jumping....literally!!

Last edited:
Mclaren very strong so it's Mercedez so far in practice. Redbull cant find the pace and Toro Rosso looking like the stronger team in the middle pack.

Qualy in 3 hours!!

-MSR

Jenson Button driving McLaren race car. March 24, 2012 at 1:45 pm in Malaysia.

mcla-butt-sepa-2012-886x590.jpg

Here's to another Button win! Not a lot of noise coming from those Red Bulls! bwahahah! :biggrin:

Schu and Kimi doing pretty good. Hope Perez can bring home some more points and a top 6 finish or better! :)

Should be an interesting race tomorrow!

WOW, just F$*(ING WOW! What an amazing race and awesome finish. SO CLOSE, SO CLOSE!!! :eek::biggrin::redface::eek::biggrin:

Miner my man.
I'm so happy with todays resaults.Alonso first ,Checo second ...very interesting race.Better day's are comming for Ferrari very soon for now is important to bring home points as much as possible.

Almost forgot well done Bruno.

Last edited:
My DVR only recorded 2 1/2 hours as it was scheduled, given that it is half way into it and delayed at lap 9 I may miss it... fook.

Hint: Record the shows after the broadcast so if the race goes long as Malaysia did you'll be able to see the end. I just barely got the end of the race but missed the post-race interviews. Great race, lots of drama.

And now some comments on Steve Matchett at Speed: I absolultely like his commentary. He is absolutely spot-on with his comments. He absolutely knows the technology and absolutely can describe it to his audience. But he has one absolutely irksome habit that absolutely gets on my nerves, to the point that it is absolutely distracting. I absolutely wish he would recognize that he absolutely has this habit and absolutely works on absolutely fixing it.

Can you guess what that habit is?

I hope Alonso appreciates this gift! Nice going Perez!

Miner my man.
I'm so happy with todays resaults.Alonso first ,Checo second ...very interesting race.Better day's are comming for Ferrari very soon for now is important to bring home points as much as possible.

Almost forgot well done Bruno.

I must say my prediction was pure hope. I'm happy to have my hope answered. Now about the Megamillions Lotto.

Lets hope the new car is a fair charriot. Perhaps Massa will do better in a decent ride.

Miner

Well done to Alonso and especially Perez! So close except for two mistakes, the first his team's for leaving him out for that extra lap in the Inters, and then his own mistake running out of track like he did. But a wonderful drive nonetheless.

But don't read too much into Alonso's showing in this race - the conditions favoured the less optimised chassis - funny how McLaren, Mercedes and Red Bull all struggled [comparatively] in those conditions.

From Autosport -

Fernando Alonso said his shock Malaysian Grand Prix victory "changes nothing" and that Ferrari still faces a huge amount of work to be fully competitive in normal circumstances.

Still a long way to go for Ferrari.

Looks like it's going to be a cracker of a season :biggrin:

That race was gifted to Ferrari & Sauber from McLaren. Won't happen again this season.

More like the race was equalized by the rain and it was up to the drivers to deliver :wink: .

But yeah, it may not happened again next race...unless it rains.

-MSR

The teams' performance in the final 20 laps were also determined by car setup, since they went from full wets to dry weather tires within the same race. There may have been some quick wing angle adjustment during pit stops, but probably not enough to get a perfect dry setup.

Back