• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2012 F1 Thread...

More like the race was equalized by the rain and it was up to the drivers to deliver :wink: .

But yeah, it may not happened again next race...unless it rains.

-MSR
Button, Kimi & Schumi are all great in the rain which makes any advantages gained by Ferrari or Sauber moot. Again, this really was a race that was gifted to both drivers.

I was expecting the safety car to spin out. That would be mightly embarrassing. Then Ron Dennis would pontificate in front of the camera that if it had been the mid-engined MP4-12C, it would not spin out.

Peter Sauber in tears after the race. I feel so happy for him.

Peter_Sauber.jpg

Schummi and Kimmi are good in the rain, but did not make good decisions as when to pit....'Checo did.

Peter Sauber is so happy, Im afraid he will cry again when Ferrari takes away 'Checo from him.

-MSR

Button, Kimi & Schumi are all great in the rain which makes any advantages gained by Ferrari or Sauber moot. Again, this really was a race that was gifted to both drivers.

Button and Schumacher lost out because they got punted or had some kind of contact, on top of the rain, plus wrong timing/extra pit stops. Just look at Hamilton, he's no slouch in the rain(well used to not be) and he still managed to get on the podium. Yet, he couldn't catch up to Perez and Alonso. Checo was reeling in Alonso by as much as 1 second per lap. I was really hoping for the Mexican national anthem at the end of the race. :frown:

Schummi and Kimmi are good in the rain, but did not make good decisions as when to pit....'Checo did.

Peter Sauber is so happy, Im afraid he will cry again when Ferrari takes away 'Checo from him.

-MSR

Part of me wants this to happen, but if the Ferrari stays a dog of a car, we won't see his full potential as he doesn't have the experience Alonso does, then again, he may pull an Alonso or Senna, and make some magic with a less than stellar chassis. Noticed I didn't mention Vettel, as he has shown us that with a less than perfect car, he's not that special.

Re: It's all in a cocked hat

First, my hat's off to Karthikeyan :rolleyes: for being so cool and stealthy while cutting down SeBass's tire after putting himself in front of Button and then getting away scott-free. He looked so innocent, didn't he? LOL. Wonder if that's a skill transferred from NASCAR skullduggery?

seriously, I hope the season settles down and we see some somewhat predictable trends. Right now it's all too crazy. The engineers in several teams must be working 16 hour days now.

P.S. Glad to see such strength in midfield. :smile:

Is anyone else receiving email notifications when this or any thread on 'prime gets new posts/replies?

I'm not receiving anything at all.

My thoughts after this weekend's race:

I hope Grosjean gets it together. 3/3 DNF is not a good record.

What happened to Nico Rossberg? 2 years of outperforming his teammate and then now struggling badly? Merc brass must be as disappointed as I am after so much promise early on.

Massa almost lapped by Alonso :eek:

Webber has a good start

Pretty embarassing radio transmissions from RB at the end of the race

Re: Vettel's car at the end

Pretty embarassing radio transmissions from RB at the end of the race

Yeah, what was all that "pull off now and shut it down" and then shortly "never mind" stuff? All I heard was Matchett or one of them speculating on manuipulation of rules and what they could do to the car for the next race. I don't read much James, Joe or anyone anymore, so can someone give me the cliff notes on that confusion?

I have to say that was an exciting race to watch. I was really rooting for Sergio Perez at the end (I usually like to go for the underdog). It was a bummer not being able to see how he would of attempted to pass Fernando as the end of the race neared. Looking forward to his performance in the next race.

Nope, not getting email notification of new replies to any threads on here.

Any help here Admin? :frown:

Re: Perez

I have to say that was an exciting race to watch. I was really rooting for Sergio Perez at the end (I usually like to go for the underdog). It was a bummer not being able to see how he would of attempted to pass Fernando as the end of the race neared. Looking forward to his performance in the next race.

Yes, that was impressive. Of course, nowadays we never know real time what's going on; who's got the best strategy or freshest tires, who's really got the lucky rain set up, why a driver can make the most of the pot-luck tires of the day, why one guy might be driving over their head that day or any other reason someone's being gifted (as Jack insists).

So, I wouldn't hold my breath. Perez was impressive Sunday as much as Koby impressed a couple of years ago in (what I think was) his first race.

Of course I could also be totally wrong and Perez could be in Massa's seat next race and Q ahead of Fred.

And speculating on radio calls some more, I think that radio call to Perez "we need this position" meant to caution him to not throw it away trying to be a hero passing Fred. I don't think it meant "the Sauber team cannot insult and pass the mother Ferrari team." I thought Matchett and them needed to clarify that.

Re: Perez

....And speculating on radio calls some more, I think that radio call to Perez "we need this position" meant to caution him to not throw it away trying to be a hero passing Fred. I don't think it meant "the Sauber team cannot insult and pass the mother Ferrari team." I thought Matchett and them needed to clarify that.

My thoughts as well.

So Hamilton is screwed for the start in China (five position penalty -- gearbox change). Crap.

Here's to Button and Perez on Podium! :big grin:

McLaren do look competitive, but at FP2, the Red Bulls looked strong. Lets see how FP3 and Quali go. :smile:

Re: What he say?

Can anyone hear, never mind understand what Will Buxton is saying? All I hear is the whine of the engines and maybe I catch 1/10th of what Buxton's trying to say. They need a decent audio engineer to screen out the pit/track noise. Ridiculous.

Rant over.

Can't believe Massa is still there. Thought he'd be gone for sure.

And is just me, or have those silly noses actually gotten uglier? :rolleyes:

Re: What he say?

Can anyone hear, never mind understand what Will Buxton is saying? All I hear is the whine of the engines and maybe I catch 1/10th of what Buxton's trying to say. They need a decent audio engineer to screen out the pit/track noise. Ridiculous.

Rant over.

Can't believe Massa is still there. Thought he'd be gone for sure.

And is just me, or have those silly noses actually gotten uglier? :rolleyes:

Massa was a lot closer to Alonso than the last 2 races. Since Sauber is the faster of the 2 Ferrari powered teams, Massa is the least of the team's worries.

You're right about the noses.

Miner

Re: So, did RB actually roll the dice fair and square.........

and Seb came up snake eyes? The pundits said that since RB was kiind of lost they were trying 2 very different things this race. Sounds desperate. Apparently Web's set up was working better than Sebs. Or did Seb have a particular and unrelated Q session issue that he didn't want to mention in the Will interview?

Should be interesting to watch Seb soldiering in midpack. I wonder if he'll be any more careful this time maneuvering around the wankers? :tongue: :biggrin: Someone needs to show him how to use those shiny things called mirrors. :rolleyes:

And those Sauber punks are coming on like they're RB 3 years ago. :eek:

Back