• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2012 F1 Thread...

Re: Every dog has his day........

I pray the updates produce a competetive car. That dog Alonso and Massa are dragging around the track is embarrasing. And ugly to boot.

Miner
If they didn't do a thing, the Pirelli wheel of fortune would stilll come around and pick their number one day. :biggrin: They're all dogs at some point and every dog gets a treat this season; they just don't know when. :wink:

I expect to see Kimi midpack again next race.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Latest from Ferrari:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99304

1336032482.jpg

Get ready for Monaco.

Adrian Newey was lead designer for the FW14B.

John Barnard was lead designer for the MP4/7A. Honda Power was strong enough to give Senna wheel spin on 3rd and 4th gears on straights even with the very high downforce.

monaco.jpg

Last edited:
Any speculation on what is wrong with Jenson's car? Maybe an unskilled race engineer adjusted the aero all wrong and is too proud to call head office for help?

Or is Jenson running up against political problems?

Any speculation on what is wrong with Jenson's car? Maybe an unskilled race engineer adjusted the aero all wrong and is too proud to call head office for help?

Or is Jenson running up against political problems?

IDK, but I hope he sorts out whatever problems he's having.
I was sad too see Perez out of the points after having a good qualifying session.
Great race by Maldonado. This season has certainly been the best so far in recent history. Could we see a 6th different winner at Monaco?

IDK, but I hope he sorts out whatever problems he's having.
I was sad too see Perez out of the points after having a good qualifying session.
Great race by Maldonado. This season has certainly been the best so far in recent history. Could we see a 6th different winner at Monaco?

This year's races have been so unpredictable that it would seem even the HRT is in with a chance :D

Seriously, most of the cars are so "close" that whoever gets their set-up right, matching the tyres to the circuit/conditions best is in with a chance. Maybe not HRT. :)

What Maldonado has shown, is that just about any driver on the grid could win a race given the chance - which is great! Today's drivers are certainly of excellent quality far down the grid. To think there was much innuendo that Maldonado got his seat ONLY because of government money? Old Sir Frank must be very satisfied at the moment.

What Maldonado has shown, is that just about any driver on the grid could win a race given the chance - which is great!
Agreed, but only to a point: the level of skill does vary quite a bit between drivers now presently on the grid.

Perhaps that's why Lewis congratulated Frank Williams after the race: his former McLaren team mate Fernando Alonso was beaten squarely, on merit, in this race, and Lewis wanted to point out to Frank that Maldonado is really that good.

I think the tire situation is still somewhat of an unknown on race day.
Even during qualifying, 1 or 2 deg. air temp made a big difference.
Either the tires degrade too fast or don't have enough grip thus flat spot easier under braking. The fight between Alonso/Pastor, Kimi/Sebs, were examples of that.

The accident between MS/Senna could be one of them have different braking point by not knowing how the tires will behave or following too close did not help either.

Most teams have a lot of data at Catalunya but w/ not the new tires.

Like the Steve Machett said, they need to "manage" their tires to win. I don't know if I like that as i like to see their driving skills vs. managing skills. But, what-ever it takes to win.

I am happy for Frank Wiliams and Pastor....its long due.

I don't know if you all have heard yet, but there was a fire in the Williams garage after the race. 31 people had to get medical attention, and I believe 7 were sent to the hospital. I'm hearing different reports, so I'm not sure which one is true. Some are saying that there was a KERS explosion, others are saying they were defueling Senna's when suddenly there was a flash fire/explosion.

All the pit crews were helping fight the fire. Here's to a speedy recovery to those affected.

Re: The circus continues; I'm learning to love it

How are the ticket sales and sponsorship $$$??? Hope (or rather assume) that Bernie and them are :smile: as the new business model seems to be working perfectly.

How many points did Williams score last year? single digits anyway. Then this year they've been 3 for 8 scoring points before this win.

Where can I follow the handicap sheet on the WDC and the WCC? I'll bet hanicapping this year is like playing bingo. :wink:

Now if only HRT could get some love...........:rolleyes:

So, is Michael Schumacher done? Looking at how he has done so far this year and last, it hasn't been that good. Then when you consider how Kimi Raikkonen has done on his return, it makes me think Michael doesn't have what it takes anymore.

So I ask you pundits, is Michael done? Does he have another in him left? How will his career end?

^^Great driver I always respected his driveing skills,but from firs time that I heard he is coming back to race I was sceptic.
Think that he ruined a bit his position of some one special on F1 world.To me it was wrong decission,time is passing for every one.
No WDC more for him, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Again good race today for Championship.6 race 6 winners great and very close untill the end. 6 cars inside 6 seconds on last lap.
Mean that will be close untill last race.:biggrin:
Fernando leader on WDC and finally Felipe waked up.

Re: One man's meat..........

^^Great driver I always respected his driveing skills,but from firs time that I heard he is coming back to race I was sceptic.
Think that he ruined a bit his position of some one special on F1 world.To me it was wrong decission,time is passing for every one.
No WDC more for him, just my 2 cents.

True enough; no WDC for him. Never mind yesterday's pole, his age, wacky, volatile rules or some bad luck this year, he is now just another pretty good driver who could find himself in the hunt or DFL on any given day.

But is it also not possible that in 3 years off he learned a little something about himself and that racing can be more than glory and money?

I, for one, want to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe what Hobbsy (I think) said: that he still simply loves to drive and compete. And a mature person is not going to worry about his place in anyone's history; just inner peace in his own mind. But then, I'm a little biased that way having to defend my racing results or lack thereof with the phrase "I'd rather be in the last row of the grid than the first row of the grandstand."

Historians some years later will ultimately define and describe his place in F-1, not couch potatoes like us today or even next year.

That's my 2 cents, keep the change.

Again good race today for Championship.6 race 6 winners great and very close untill the end. 6 cars inside 6 seconds on last lap.
Mean that will be close untill last race.:biggrin:
Fernando leader on WDC and finally Felipe waked up.

Without the determination of Perez and Heiki, I found the race rather boring (maybe the season has been to good thus far). Micheal just can't seem to catch a break, at least he has shown that he still has speed. I don't know what the hell is wrong with Button/Senna but he/they need to resolve the issue quickly. Mclaren/lotus seems to be in a position where they show up and decides to find ways to lose points. Looking forward to Canada, hopefully pirelli and/or rain will provide the seventh winner! Oh, and I also hope that Massa has actually woken up.

Back