• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how many nsx still exist

Very good point, I am sure that there are cars with clean reports but in bad condition. This site remembers many examples of carfax not telling the whole story.

I have an 02' that shows up as an accident but the damage was only cosmetic to the rear bumper. Just saying the accident cars might still be on the road like mine :)

Interesting data collection project you have going, we all appreciate the effort

Look forward to seeing the final numbers for your target period

Happy to assist if you need someone to chase down something

I dont care if my info is public at all. Why not. My avitar already says i live in chino hills with a lbbp car, theres what, 27 total in this color haha. Id like to know what my vin pulls, like if the title says omega bad ass clean california car lol. Gl with your findings :)

just so you know by doing this you are inadvertently increasing the value of the NSX LOL

well 2002-2005 NSX's :biggrin:

+1. and this is the approximate manufactory limit on production of cars by year:
2002 = 200 cars
2003 = 165
2004 = 198
2005 = 249

Even though the new one comes out, i don't think the price will drop.

when the new one comes out I will be one of the first to get it.
I will fly to cali with a check book and fight with anyone else with their check book. and drive it back and strip it down to the chassis and take pics just for prime.

by the will of the gods.

I have been donating blood and sperm everyday for weeks now.

I will fly to cali with a check book and fight with anyone else with their check book. and drive it back and strip it down to the chassis and take pics just for prime.

by the will of the gods.

I can't wait to hear the news report on this...

by the will of the gods.

Let me know when you in california, i will buy you dinner.

2003 Is done, unofficial interesting info:

-10 manual cars were totalled.
-20 manual cars were not totalled but involved in accidents.
-12 or more are in Canada.
-1 car was exported to Japan.
-1 car was delivered new to Puerto Rico.
-21 are still one owner cars.
-average milage for 2003 is 27153

2002 Official data according to autocheck, December 2011

242 manual and 12 automatic cars were made. 234 manual and 9 automatic cars were sold and titled.
- 25 manual were totalled. No automatic cars have salvage titles.
- 21 (20 manual and 1 auto) were involved in accidents, but not totalled.
- 9 cars have no record of existance, they were never sold/titled.
- 198 cars have "clean" reports without any red flags or warnings.
- 125 of the 198 have less than 30 000 miles.
- 16 or more were exported to Canada.
- 1 car was exported to Japan.
- 1 car was sold as new in Puerto Rico.
- 39 are still one owner cars.
- 85 cars are 2 owner cars.

Last known milage:
- 51 cars have less than 10 000
- 88 cars have less than 20 000 (cars under 10k are included in this number)
- 123 cars have less than 30 000 ( cars under 10k & 20k are included in this number)
- average milage for all 2002 cars is 29 964
*the numbers above are probably very inaccurate, at least 1/3 of these cars had no milage updates in the past 5 years.

AZ 4
BC 6
CA 72
CO 5
CT 1
DE 1
FL 24
GA 6
HI 3
ID 1
IL 7
IN 2
Japan 1
KS 1
KY 3
LA 2
MA 4
MD 5
MI 2
MN 3
MO 2
MS 1
NC 4
NH 2
NJ 8
NM 2
NV 4
NY 8
OH 5
OK 2
ON 7
OR 3
PA 3
Puerto Rico 1
QB 6
SC 1
TN 2
TX 19
UT 3
VA 3
WA 4
WI 3
WV 1

Last edited:

by the will of the gods.

On your drive back to Florida I'll by you dinner in Atlanta or in the mountain just north of there! :biggrin:

Are NSX's worth less in CA compared to other states since they house majority of them?

2002 Official data according to autocheck, December 2011

242 manual and 12 automatic cars were made. 234 manual and 9 automatic cars were sold and titled.
- 25 manual were totalled. No automatic cars have salvage titles.
- 21 (20 manual and 1 auto) were involved in accidents, but not totalled.
- 9 cars have no record of existance, they were never sold/titled.
- 198 cars have "clean" reports without any red flags or warnings.
- 16 or more were exported to Canada.
- 39 are still one owner cars.
- 85 cars are 2 owner cars.

Last known milage:
- 51 cars have less than 10 000
- 88 cars have less than 20 000 (cars under 10k are included in this number)
- 123 cars have less than 30 000 ( cars under 10k & 20k are included in this number)
- average milage for all 2002 cars is 29 964
*the numbers above are probably very inaccurate, at least 1/3 of these cars had no milage updates in the past 5 years.

AZ 4
BC 6
CA 72
CO 5
CT 1
DE 1
FL 24
GA 6
HI 3
ID 1
IL 7
IN 2
Japan 1
KS 1
KY 3
LA 2
MA 4
MD 5
MI 2
MN 3
MO 2
MS 1
NC 4
NH 2
NJ 8
NM 2
NV 4
NY 8
OH 5
OK 2
ON 7
OR 3
PA 3
Puerto Rico 1
QB 6
SC 1
TN 2
TX 19
UT 3
VA 3
WA 4
WI 3
WV 1

Last edited:
Are NSX's worth less in CA compared to other states since they house majority of them?

Probably not. Funny fact is that there weren't this many there to begin with. In my little study I also made notes about where the cars were first registered, we will see how the cars traveled. Once I'm done with 2005 cars I will look into it to see if there is anything to share.

Last edited:
2003 Official data according to autocheck, December 2011

176 (165 manual and 11 automatic) cars were made. 171 (163 manual and 8 automatic) cars were sold and titled.
- 10 manual were totalled. No automatic cars have salvage titles.
- 21 manual were involved in accidents, but not totalled. No automatic cars have accident history.
- 5 cars have no record of existance, they were never sold/titled.
- 138 cars have "clean" reports without any red flags or warnings.
- 88 of the 138 are under 30 000 miles,
- 12 or more were exported to Canada.
- 1 has a history of being a "lemon car"
- 21 are still one owner cars.
- 79 are 2 owner cars.
- 36 are 3 owner cars.

Last known milage:
- 36 cars have less than 10 000.
- 72 cars have less than 20 000 (cars under 10k are included in this number).
- 101 cars have less than 30 000 ( cars under 10k & 20k are included in this number).
- 19 cars have more than 50 000 miles.
- average milage for all 2003 cars is 27034

AR 1
AZ 4
BC 1
CA 39
CO 3
CT 3
FL 23
GA 5
IA 1
IL 6
IN 1
Japan 1
KS 1
MA 1
MD 2
MI 2
MN 1
MO 2
MS 1
MT 1
NC 1
NH 3
NJ 8
NV 3
NY 7
OH 5
ON 6
OR 2
PA 7
Puerto Rico 1
QC 3
RI 1
SC 1
SK 1
TX 8
VA 7
WA 6
WI 1

Last edited:
Excellent thread....glad to see a fair bit coming North to Canada

Bram

Let's hope that I will be able to continue, Autocheck is very nice but they want to block my account pernamently because they think that I am a commercial user selling the reports...

Very interesting... keep up the good work!

wow nice job.

question

since there are some that have never been registered
I think you should post those VIN's. since there is now way to find out where there are but if one does appear and someone does a search
it will pop this thread up. and we will hear about it kinda
putting the puzzle together.

Those cars were probably used for crash tests, I don't think anyone will ever see any of them.

First car made in 2002 even has record of being scraped/crashed.

I also don't know how autocheck would feel about it.

wow nice job.

question

since there are some that have never been registered
I think you should post those VIN's. since there is now way to find out where there are but if one does appear and someone does a search
it will pop this thread up. and we will hear about it kinda
putting the puzzle together.

Can I beg your indulgence after you finish the 02-05 work, could you pull 01? The last year before the final update (and of course, what I own).

Just wondering the health and status of the small number of sisters to my beauty.

If you do 2001 you almost have to do all 95-01 or at least 97-01. It takess a while, each car takess around a minute.

For now I don't know what autocheck is going to do with my account because according to them I have "commercial like" behavior on my personal account. I will call them after the weekend to see what my options are.

Can I beg your indulgence after you finish the 02-05 work, could you pull 01? The last year before the final update (and of course, what I own).

Just wondering the health and status of the small number of sisters to my beauty.

There was a total of 9(6 manual, 3 auto) cars from 2002 with no records, the first 5 were probably used for crash tests and the remaining 4 were never sold.

2002 Is done, unofficial interesting info:

-31 (28 manual and 3 automatic) cars were totalled.
-20 (19 manual and 1 automatic) cars were not totalled but involved in accidents.
-16 or more are in Canada.
-1 car was exported to Japan.
-1 car was delivered new to Puerto Rico.
- someone bought a used manual car and put 113k miles on it in less than 2 years :).
-39 are still one owner cars.

One was exported to Dubai and then onto Hong Kong...

Brylek you should insert the information for 2002 to 2005 into the Wiki in the Production Numbers WIKI. That way the information presented is in its own area and won't be clouded with other random posts. This thread for example is about how many NSX's exist (all years). I'd break it down into threads for each year or throw it all into the WIKI. Just a suggestion..;)

Last edited:
Back