• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how many nsx still exist

I was thinking about it but i'm afraid they will notice that the IP adress is the same.

True, but you could always take your laptop to a few different coffee shops. Maybe change it up a bit from internet provided via different IP's. Do you think this could work? Hey, if they are getting paid, why should they care? They are giving a limit on the unlimited versions. Thanks

True, but you could always take your laptop to a few different coffee shops. Maybe change it up a bit from internet provided via different IP's. Do you think this could work? Hey, if they are getting paid, why should they care? They are giving a limit on the unlimited versions. Thanks

According to autocheck unlimited means 100, what we do is considered commercial usage since we are not running the reports with the intention to buy the car.

I am one car away from completing 2004 and I already have reports for first 82 cars from 2005. If things go well we are going to have this finished this week.

We still need one person willing to contribute $45 and 20 minutes of work, please pm me if you are interested.

2004 Official data according to autocheck, January 2012:

198 (186 manual and 12 automatic) cars were made. 195 (184 manual and 11 automatic) cars were sold and titled.
- 14 manual were totalled. No automatic cars have salvage titles.
- 20 (17 manual and 3 automatic) were involved in accidents, but not totalled.
- 3 cars have no record of existance, they were never sold/titled.
- 160 cars have "clean" reports without any red flags or warnings (exported cars are included).
- 23 of the above cars are under 5000 miles
- 46 of the 160 are under 10 000 (23 above are included)
- 65 of the 160 are under 15 000 ( 46 above are included)
- 107 of the 160 are under 25 000 (65 above are included)
- 129 of the 160 are under 35 000 (107 above are included)
- 18 or more were exported to Canada.
- 1 car was registered as rental car in Nevada.
- 43 are still one owner cars.
- 76 are 2 owner cars.
- 51 are 3 owner cars.

Last known milage for all cars sold (salvage and exported are included):
- 25 cars have less than 5 000.
- 52 cars have less than 10 000 (cars under 5k are included in this number).
- 103 cars have less than 20 000 ( cars under 5k & 10k are included in this number).
- 20 cars have more than 50 000 miles.
- Highest milage for 2004 is 193 000.
- Average milage for all 2004 cars is 24608.

:eek:IMPORTANT:eek: The milage related data is probably very inaccurate, at least 40% of these cars had no milage updates in the past 5 years.

AK 1
AL 1
AZ 2
BC 7
CA 56
CO 4
CT 1
DE 1
FL 19
GA 4
IA 1
ID 1
IL 7
IN 1
KS 2
KY 1
LA 1
MA 2
MD 5
MI 5
MN 1
MO 1
NC 1
NE 1
NJ 4
NV 2
NY 12
OH 5
OK 1
ON 5
OR 4
PA 3
QC 2
RI 1
SC 1
TN 1
TX 13
VA 4
WA 4
WI 3

Users who contributed: Ben, LMR, Betthemortgage, Blue_myriddn and Dirtbag.

Last edited:
I learned something interesting today, it looks like all the cars that were built at Tochigi were being delivered new with around 40-50 miles on them but when Honda moved the factory to Suzuka things changed. Many of the cars made at Suzuka factory were delivered with almost no miles on them, in many cases it was less than 10. Does that mean that later Honda stopped testing our cars before shipping them out of Japan?

2004 map.
Again, feel free to let me know if I miscounted a pin.

attachment.php

Last edited:
look at that huge gap in the northern mid-west

Updated the map graphics for additional style and to add the raw data to the right.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2002-NSXMap.jpg
    2002-NSXMap.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,491
  • 2003-NSXMap.jpg
    2003-NSXMap.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,311
  • 2004-NSXMap.jpg
    2004-NSXMap.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,316
I hope you are planning to continue this and not stop at 02-05. I contributed to this with hopes of seeing all years, including my year 00.:smile:

I hope you are planning to continue this and not stop at 02-05. I contributed to this with hopes of seeing all years, including my year 00.:smile:
I will happily keep running as many reports as Byrlek feeds me VINs. I think its a cool project and happy to help keep it rolling.

We are almost done with 2005. I don't see why we should stop there as long as members will be willing to contribute time and money.

Stay tuned ;)

shelf life of rubber is 5-7 years. so yeah they are new but get a blow out on the highway at 70MPH and there goes your mint NSX. all over 500 bucks in new tires

rubber DEGRADES. good luck.

So put new tires on the lady when you drive it and the originals when you sell or show it!

Shawn, what sort of tires are you buying that you can get a set of 4 for $500. I pay more than that for the rears!

And... any idea the last VIN for '95? I'm pretty sure I have the first in '96 - VIN 000001 and my buddy, Jim (heyskippy) thinks his is the last '95.

Last edited:
So put new tires on the lady when you drive it and the originals when you sell or show it!

Shawn, what sort of tires are you buying that you can get a set of 4 for $500. I pay more than that for the rears!

And... any idea the last VIN for '95? I'm pretty sure I have the first in '96 - VIN 000001 and my buddy, Jim (heyskippy) thinks his is the last '95.

I do not have a list of all 1995 vin numbers but Wiki says there was 780 cars made. This would have to be confirmed but the last one should have a vin ending with 000780.

I just found this thread! Awesome work guys!
Also, if I'm the only guy in Kentucky with an '04, my location is way off... :D

We made it this way so you are not too easy to find ;)(BTW the pins are randomly placed).

We are also very glad to have a positive vote from you and because it came from a Silverstone owner it should count double:D.

Last edited:

I placed the pins in an intentionally randomized position, they may look moderately plausible but they are all just placed at the whim of my fingertips. If you want though, please feel free to PM me where it should be placed in Kentucky and I would be more than happy to do so.

You all are doing an incredible job on this thread.
I enjoy the map.

Like Nukum pointed out, there is a pretty big hole in the north mid-west.

We made it this way so you are not too easy to find ;)(BTW the pins are randomly placed).

We are also very glad to have a positive vote from you and because it came from a Silverstone owner it should count double:D.

Ha'ha! Unfortunately the silverstone was a total loss and was parted out somewhere in Boston. :( The yellow/yellow in my avi is tucked away in my garage with just a little over 20k miles on it.

I placed the pins in an intentionally randomized position, they may look moderately plausible but they are all just placed at the whim of my fingertips. If you want though, please feel free to PM me where it should be placed in Kentucky and I would be more than happy to do so.

It's cool! :cool: I just thought maybe mine didn't get counted and there might be someone else with an '04 in Kentucky.

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to do all of this!!

Mine should be in Sarasota, Florida... just off the corner of Honore and Bahia Vista.

Excellent project!! Definitely interesting to see the "survival" numbers.
The Integra Type R community did this back in 2006...it was shocking.

The guys first determined all possible ITR VINs with a quick formula to determine check digits. Then they ran all the possible VINs against Honda's Owner Link website to see which were actual ITRs and the color. I'm not sure if this is still possible, but it may help with generating your '91-'01 VIN lists?

We then ran all the confirmed VINs (3,850 of them) against Carfax (Unlimited at that time) to determine location and title status.
We found several ITRs sold brand new to Puerto Rico as they are a territory so receive new USDM vehicles.

We also found several of the VINs that came up with no data on the Carfax were caRs kept by Honda in their training centers and museum. Also a few of the early ones in the production year were given or maybe sold to race teams. Realtime, DC Sports, etc.

Another theory are cars that were destroyed in transport from Japan or stolen off the dealership lot(more of an issue with ITRs than NSXs I believe...ha :( ).

Overall as of April 2006 carfax, we still had 74% with clean titles. 1998 was the lowest at 66%.

Excellent project!! Definitely interesting to see the "survival" numbers.
The Integra Type R community did this back in 2006...it was shocking.

The guys first determined all possible ITR VINs with a quick formula to determine check digits. Then they ran all the possible VINs against Honda's Owner Link website to see which were actual ITRs and the color. I'm not sure if this is still possible, but it may help with generating your '91-'01 VIN lists?

We already have all the 91-05 VINs and colors but thanks for the offer.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers

We then ran all the confirmed VINs (3,850 of them) against Carfax (Unlimited at that time) to determine location and title status.
We found several ITRs sold brand new to Puerto Rico as they are a territory so receive new USDM vehicles.

From all the 2002+ was there was only 1 that was delivered new to PR, it was a 2003 manual car.

We also found several of the VINs that came up with no data on the Carfax were caRs kept by Honda in their training centers and museum. Also a few of the early ones in the production year were given or maybe sold to race teams. Realtime, DC Sports, etc.

Carfax and Autocheck will only have records if the car was titled, there is a good example on this board that shows this very well. For the 02+ NSXs it is 3 to 9 cars per year.

Another theory are cars that were destroyed in transport from Japan or stolen off the dealership lot(more of an issue with ITRs than NSXs I believe...ha :( ).

Overall as of April 2006 carfax, we still had 74% with clean titles. 1998 was the lowest at 66%.

74% is low but ITRs are slightly older than 2002-2005 NSXs.

For now it is:
- 90% for 2002
- 94.2% for 2003
- 92.9% for 2004
- 97.1% for 2005

74% is low but ITRs are slightly older than 2002-2005 NSXs.

Theft magnets, I couldn't count how many I have seen chopped up into bits and left for dead.

Very cool that you were able to dig up those numbers, perhaps we could start a fund for the $500 autocheck commercial account? I'm willing to bet that the ITR guys would be willing to throw in towards it (and we only have 4 years to search for)

Last edited:
2005 data is almost done and official info will be posted soon.

We have a few members here who are interested in checking 2001 and older cars, how many of you want to continue? How many want to contribute time and money?

Back