• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how many nsx still exist

My uneducated guess... 5949.

That is a really good question though... hmm I believe itd be extremely hard to get an exact or even well-educated guess. Could be wrong though...

Impossible to determine with much specificity but I'd put the figure at 7,900 with a standard deviation of 350 (95% probability between 7,200 and 8,600). Undoubtedly a minimum of a couple hundred NSX's are totaled and an additional couple hundred structurally sound but left to rot for one reason or another (blown engine on a 91 with 150k miles and rough paint may not be worth fixing to many).

Are you going to count dedicated track cars, since they'll probably never see the street again? That takes a couple hundred off the total :rolleyes:.

I think that now is a very good time to get this question answered. If by some odd chance Honda has something up their sleeve that will surprise us, reminding ourselves about low production numbers should help with the car's market value.

i think if we could findout how many still exist add the fact that no newones being produced....it would only add to the value of our vehicles...no idea how to figure this out though....something to think about....:rolleyes:

.................alright alright I'll start...I've got one.:tongue:

I will count all the 02+ cars soon. I'm currently waiting for ben to get back to me with a list of all the vin numbers so that way I don't have to generate them myself.

I will run carfax on all the 2002-2005 cars to chech the following:

- salvage/rebuilt title
- one owner vehicles
- milage under 10 or 20k miles
- state for residence

What do you guys think?

This is quite a million dollar question don't you think?

Fact is that we will never get the exact number hence who is to judge whatever number is a close estimate??? There is no educated guess no matter how you look at it.

as long as you dont post the people name/address to LOL

and only a partial VIN.

then the bad guys could go to the DMV with the VIN in your area and get its owners name, then drive to the guys house when he is not home and drive away in his car. NOT GOOD.

so only partial VIN and NO names/address would be cool to see

I will not post any vins, I am planning on doing something like this:

862 2002-2005 were made

As of December 2011 there are:
XX totalled and now have salvage/rebuilt titles
XX still on their first owner
XX under 10k miles
XX under 20k miles
Alabama XX
Alaska XX
Arizona XX
and so on

I will also try to update the list every year, any thoughts?

and only a partial VIN.

then the bad guys could go to the DMV with the VIN in your area and get its owners name, then drive to the guys house when he is not home and drive away in his car. NOT GOOD.

and only a partial VIN.

I confused why your all scared about showing VIN numbers all a sudden. Arent you the guy that wanted to start a thread of all salvage title NSX showing the full VIN numbers?

I confused why your all scared about showing VIN numbers all a sudden. Arent you the guy that wanted to start a thread of all salvage title NSX showing the full VIN numbers?

Creating a thread with a list of salvage NSXs is a great tool for potential owners doing a search on a vin number, if you are adding a vin of a car that was just totalled it is most likely owned by an insurance company so I don't think anyone here would mind.

The idea of counting how many cars are left is just for us to know, i'm sure most of us here are curious.

862 2002-2005 were made

XX under 10k miles
XX under 20k miles
Alabama XX
Alaska XX
Arizona XX
and so on

I think that would be great.

were not scared of showing if a car is salvage or not its how the VIN can link to the owners house.
the list where it shows all the VIN is these cars are at Auction and are owned by the insuance company

then a bad guy lets say TONY SOPRANO needs one for his chop shop

wow heres a list of all the VIN's let me see.... "oh there is one 2 blocks from me" " Hey Pauly and Christopher go get me that car "

so as long as its not the whole VIN etc. we have no problem.

Last edited:

862 2002-2005 were made

XX under 10k miles
XX under 20k miles
Alabama XX
Alaska XX
Arizona XX
and so on

+1000 I like this. :biggrin:

2002 Yellow/Yellow
VIN: 000009
51,XXX miles
CompTech complete Exhaust, K&N drop in filter and tires other than that STOCK
still have it mounted: Optional NSX labeled analog phone
Garage Queen in North Georgia
3rd Owner

Last edited:

862 2002-2005 were made

XX under 10k miles
XX under 20k miles
Alabama XX
Alaska XX
Arizona XX
and so on

Don't forget all the cars exported to Canada and other countries. Canada only had 697 cars to start with, but today, I am sure there are more due to US exports.

Don't forget all the cars exported to Canada and other countries. Canada only had 697 cars to start with, but today, I am sure there are more due to US exports.

I'm curious to see if carfax will have any info about this at all. I wouldn't be as worried about a car exported to Canada, the only case I would consider as "we lost one" is Jetpilot's that was sold in Dubai.

Last edited:
NOTE - Please do not post or pm me your vin numbers or any personal information, I will get to your cars randomly. I do not want to know who the cars I will be checking belong to, this project is for us to get the above questions answered without creating a registry that will publicly show which car belongs to whom.

Back