• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Club Monte Carlo Blue

Time to stop lurking on this thread.

0hTKuT1.jpg

I want to play too.

image.jpg

Here's my car just before it left Japan:

180.jpg

It's in my garage at home, none the worse for 6 weeks in a container on the high seas. Now waiting to be licensed etc.

Last edited:
It's a December 1999 Type S in MC Blue. 63000km, which is 39k miles. Black Type S seats. Barely a blemish on the paintwork. Purchased from Route KS in Suzuka. It is in the back of my garage under the house, waiting for full certification, registration and a permit to get on the road here in New Zealand. Permits for 2015 can be applied for in late December for issue in the new year. Hopefully I'll get one of the 200 up for grabs..... so more in late January / early February.

Amazing! I had originally asked if it was a Type-S but i noticed the seats were covered so I was unsure... So awesome, post more pix when you can! I am in love.

Time to stop lurking on this thread.

0hTKuT1.jpg

Are those polished or chrome?? What ever they are they look amazing on that color...just amazing how good the stock wheels look....you just can't beat the 7 spokes!!!!:cool:

Are those polished or chrome?? What ever they are they look amazing on that color...just amazing how good the stock wheels look....you just can't beat the 7 spokes!!!!:cool:

Agreed!

I was looking forever for a MCB one, settle for my BB, but I would jump on one of these if it ever came up. It reminds me of my type s zero in the GT games.

It's a December 1999 Type S in MC Blue. 63000km, which is 39k miles. Black Type S seats. Barely a blemish on the paintwork. Purchased from Route KS in Suzuka. It is in the back of my garage under the house, waiting for full certification, registration and a permit to get on the road here in New Zealand. Permits for 2015 can be applied for in late December for issue in the new year. Hopefully I'll get one of the 200 up for grabs..... so more in late January / early February.

Permit issued, now undergoing compliance etc. so should be on the road in a week or so.

I have loads of pix that were taken in Suzuka before the car was shipped to me - I'll have to spend some time working out how to get them onto here. In the meantime I'll link this for you:
Route KS Suzuka Blog & Route KS Suzuka Blog.

Interesting. The first link says (about the Monte Carlo Blue) that from around 1993, it was a ¥150,000 ($1,248.54 @ ¥120.14/USD) option, and that NSX owners consider it a popular color even amongst popular colors!

The Long Beach Pearl was a ¥500,000 ($4,161.81 @ ¥120.14/USD) option.

Monte Carlo truly is a beautiful color; the best NSX color I think. Even though I have yet to see one in real life. :)

Last edited:
Back