• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

B-Line Motorsports

Hi Everyone!<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

You may have seen the name of my business in a few threads in recent months. Although registered as a vendor, I stand guilty of not introducing myself earlier
I am the owner of a small shop in San Pedro at the foot of the Harbor Freeway. I started the business 11 years ago with the primary aim to design and fabricate aftermarket exhaust systems, Air intake, oil cooler kits and other performance equipment.<O:p</O:p

My reputation as a prototype and production fabricator has led me into repair, maintenance and aftermarket installation for a few selected cars like the 350/370Z, NSX, EVO's, R35, BMW, etc.
Two years ago, I also joined forces with DEKA Motoring for the sale and installation of high end aftermarket components.

I have owned an NSX for a couple of years and have held that car close to my heart. I have designed a CAI for it that has proven popular and I am in the process of finishing up high flow cats and an exhaust system for the car just to name a few. The prototypes are on my car and sound real good.

Some of you have seen my operation. I keep a low profile but enjoy meeting and discussing the NSX at every chance I get. Whether for an oil and filter change or for an elaborate project, drop by anytime, my services are competitive and my turnarounds pretty quick.

In the mean time, please feel free to check out our websites below, following my signature.<O:p</O:p

Thank for your consideration.

Giancarlo Borrelli
B Line Motorsports. www.blinemotorsports.com
DEKA Improved Motoring www.dekamotoring.com

Hey Giancarlo,

Glad you are finally posting here about your company. Some of us already know about the products and services you offer for the NSX community but this will help get the word out to more people.

I continue to get complements on the sound from your CAI system and I'm enjoying the extra 14 horses picked up from it after the install.:biggrin:

I need to come by to see and hear your new exhaust system so I will see you soon.

Les

Hi Giancarlo,

Any other pics of your CIA? Looks like there is only one on your site.

Cheers,
JA

Jonathan,

You can see and hear it on my car when we meet up. Here are some pics with Giancarlo doing the installation. Just click on the pics to enlarge.

Last edited:
Hey Les, thanks for posting up some photos! Come by anytime, always happy to see you!

Jonathan,

Thanks for your interest in the intake! Please feel free to take a look at the link below of our Cold Air Intake on the vendor’s page, for a detailed description and additional photos. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156468

Thanks,
Giancarlo<O:p

Looks like a nice piece although I'd say 14 HP is quite optimistic for an intake.

Looks like a nice piece although I'd say 14 HP is quite optimistic for an intake.

I have dyno runs to prove it. Now you have to consider that I went from a HKS basket filter that was just sucking in hot air from the engine to this true CAI.

I've some general questions that you all might consider "newb" here, but I'm gonna ask anyway...

Do you manufacture your own filter, or are you using someone else's?

Not that many of us drive in the rain, but how does it perform in the wet, since the filter itself will get drenched?

Wouldn't a possible better design be to fabricate something like the Cantrell or Comptech CAI and put the filter inside the CAI scoop. This would cause a ram-air effect where all possible air from the intake port travels into the scoop, through the filter, then down your pipe into the motor. As it appears now, air will come in the intake port and swirl in the midst of your filter, the fender liner and the body. I've no aerodynamics background at all, I'm just thinking out loud...

I've some general questions that you all might consider "newb" here, but I'm gonna ask anyway...

Not that many of us drive in the rain, but how does it perform in the wet, since the filter itself will get drenched?

Wouldn't a possible better design be to fabricate something like the Cantrell or Comptech CAI and put the filter inside the CAI scoop. This would cause a ram-air effect where all possible air from the intake port travels into the scoop, through the filter, then down your pipe into the motor. As it appears now, air will come in the intake port and swirl in the midst of your filter, the fender liner and the body. I've no aerodynamics background at all, I'm just thinking out loud...

Ram air effect is negligible below 280 mph. :wink:

You're probably referring more to Ram Jet than to Ram Air.
Ram air increases static pressure at any speed and therefore increases volumetric efficiency.

It works well with fuel injection.Where Ram Air does not work at low speeds is with carburettors. It screws up the Venturi effect of those. Hence the stupidity of Detroit engineering that introduced Ram Air as a great improvement to their carbureted poney car engines in the 60's and 70's. (What helped those engines was the temperature of the air).

Cold air has a higher density than hot air and therefore more oxygen per volume, thus greatly contributing to a "small" increase of power.

The size of a power increase is greatly a function of each individual car and how bad is the setup you are replacing with your new gadget.

I like the type of CAI B-Line is because, it sounds good, it looks good and it does shove colder air in the engine. And probably increases power too.

Changed from HKS intake to giancarlo's intake: huge difference, and awesome sound. Water issues for this intake negligible unless you're driving in a flood. Best to talk to Giancarlo to explain. He comes from a family that builds and races cars.

I have dyno runs to prove it. Now you have to consider that I went from a HKS basket filter that was just sucking in hot air from the engine to this true CAI.

heck stock would have been better... do you have A/F ratios before an after? seems the gain in power could be due to leaning it out...

Changed from HKS intake to giancarlo's intake: huge difference, and awesome sound. Water issues for this intake negligible unless you're driving in a flood.

Yeah, if you think about it water would have to be up past the middle part of your before you had an issue (at which point I think there would be much more pressing issues to be concerned with).

Hi Giancarlo,
Anyway you can make a set of resonated test pipes for a 2000-2005 exhaust similar to Angus' (he only has ones for 1995-1999 cars) that replace the cats?

I'm looking for a set for the track. :smile:

IMG_3362-Copy.jpg

Hi Giancarlo,
Anyway you can make a set of resonated test pipes for a 2000-2005 exhaust similar to Angus' (he only has ones for 1995-1999 cars) that replace the cats?

I'm looking for a set for the track. :smile:

IMG_3362-Copy.jpg
I'm sure he can! Gian and I have been discussing my custom exhaust quite a bit over the past few weeks. I was hoping to have it done to show you guys the quality work I know he's capable of but we're still trying to come to an agreement on price and also trying to source some key custom parts.

Good luck! Let me know how yours goes.

Ask away, I’m here to answer any questions!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
We don’t do the actual manufacturing of the filter in house. We did essentially design and develop basically the whole thing from the filter element to the large integrated high flowing velocity stack in the top. At that point a few companies have come into play that manufactures each section of the filter.<o:p></o:p>
With this design setup air is essentially give direction, while maintaining high air speed and being forced in a sense into the motor. Yes, even though some air will travel around the filter and into the inner fender area a very large percentage of it will travel into the intake. Problem with box type intakes with a panel filter is one; the filter typically has less service area then that of a conical type which in turn would not allow as mush air flow. Two, air is somewhat stagnant in a box type, and loses some of that direction which in turn loses air speed.<o:p></o:p>
Thanks,<o:p></o:p>
Giancarlo<o:p></o:p>

You're probably referring more to Ram Jet than to Ram Air.
Ram air increases static pressure at any speed and therefore increases volumetric efficiency.

No. NASA has determined that the static pressure increase doesn't even hit 1/10th of a % until 280 mph. Below about Mach 0.5, air is considered “incompressible”.

We have Mach Transducers in our jet that correct the pitot/static system at cruise, which according to the AFM is 1.8% at 460 tkts (M 0.80 - FL410).

A ram air system in a car is completely ineffective (less than 0.01%) but cold air can give a very slight increase in power.

Last edited:
Back