• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

B-Line Motorsports NSX Cold Air Intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dynoed my car last night. Now, first time I dynoed without the intake was on a dynojet, car put out 261rwhp. This time around was on a mustang dyno which reads about 10% lower than a dynojet. With the intake on a mustang dyno, car put out 234rwhp which would be about the same without the intake on a dynojet. I did however put down a 12.7 on the 1/4mi time :).

B@t™

LOL... There's a well-controlled scientific test. :biggrin:

Pride 2 Exhaust. Lemme scan my time slip and post up ;).

B@t

Wow that's pretty quick. But I kinda find it hard to believe. Anyways, I don't know how you did it with just intake and exhaust but that is pretty awesome to get 12.7 in the 1/4 mile.:confused: :cool: :smile:

it's a NA2, if im not mistaken... its possible... doesn't really prove much for the intake though.

I have access to all that, and would be willing to try it. However, I am not going to buy this just to try it and hope that I see some gains. The sound I am not that concerned with.

BTW, on my dyno pulls we were using a pick up on the #1 coil to get engine rpm.

If he is confident in his product, I see no reason why he can't provide a solid dyno...

OEM intake box is very good at not being restrictive so most intakes provide no gains. I've been curious for a whilen on what this offers. If gains are shown, I might go for it.

I know Les is also CTSC and he showed gains but he had a cheap short ram that was actually losing power. If he had OEM airbox and still showed gains on his CTSC I would have got this a LONG time ago.

saw someone on prime post that it will not fit the cantrell concepts wide body.......
can you confirm that? and what can be done?

I have personally had the intake on my own car for about four years now, through all types of weather including some very heavy rain without a single problem whats so ever. Also just to keep we have a very similar intake setup for the Nissan 350Z's, which I have also had on my personal car since 2003 and again through all types of weather with never an issue.

Thanks!
Giancarlo

Anyone have a youtube of this intake where I can hear the sound?

i havent seen any vids of it but it has a very nice throaty tone to it. it was the first mod i did to my nsx. now that i have hfc, exhaust and headers its not as loud because the rest of my bolt-ons kind of overpowers but it still sounds great.

is there a way to "hide" this intake with the stock air box for those of us with strict smog requirements? so it will pass visual inspection? :) and how much is it?

bump :confused:

Here you go.

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Looking at your torque curves for the before and after, it appears that the new intake pulled your peak torque into the ~7K range instead of the old ~6.3K range. Is this due to the intake or a new tune also?

Either way, a 4% increase in horsepower by changing the intake would be very nice. That would still equate to be about ~10 whp for a healthy NSX with just exhaust mods.

+1. Put the stock box back in.

Im just saying it would be great if the top half of the stock box was put over top of it to hide it... i wonder if that would pass visual? haha :biggrin: can someone PM me price? I want to buy this!

I'm just planning on not saying anything to the smog tech, and if they ask, I'm going to say it's OEM and if they push I'll say I had it removed and powder coated red. :wink:

dyno001.jpg

My Dyno.

B@t™

dyno001.jpg

My Dyno.

B@t™

I don't get what this is. It is neither an engine dyno test nor a time slip from a 1/4 mile track. It's a theoretical 1/4 mile on a dyno? :confused:

I don't get what this is. It is neither an engine dyno test nor a time slip from a 1/4 mile track. It's a theoretical 1/4 mile on a dyno? :confused:
It is like a bad April Fool's joke. Don't worry.. I fell for it too :redface:

exactly! I looked back at my origional post, and should have specified time was on dyno. My bad.

B@t

Last edited:
So Bat, was it worth the $300? Someone said that it gave them a 10% HP increase. Is 27 Hp worth $300?

John

This thread is starting to be stupid... LOL.... 27HP and dyno made 1/4 miles times, come on guys.. Its an intake... About the 10th one for the NSX. This is about the 20th "how many HP on this intake" thread. If you get 2-3 an on NA car you should thank your lucky stars. On a blown motor if you get 6, that's really good and I'd buy one. It's an intake, let's keep it realistic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back