• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

B-Line Motorsports NSX Cold Air Intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is starting to be stupid... LOL.... 27HP and dyno made 1/4 miles times, come on guys.. Its an intake... About the 10th one for the NSX. This is about the 20th "how many HP on this intake" thread. If you get 2-3 an on NA car you should thank your lucky stars. On a blown motor if you get 6, that's really good and I'd buy one. It's an intake, let's keep it realistic.

i mainly bought mine for the sound. i mean really at the end of the day its an intake like you said.

This thread is starting to be stupid... LOL.... 27HP and dyno made 1/4 miles times, come on guys.. Its an intake... About the 10th one for the NSX. This is about the 20th "how many HP on this intake" thread. If you get 2-3 an on NA car you should thank your lucky stars. On a blown motor if you get 6, that's really good and I'd buy one. It's an intake, let's keep it realistic.

I personally didnt get any gains. Sure, it sounds good and all, but to be honest, I would have been happy with just my Daliracing Intake Scoop. Thats sounded good, and I only spent $100.00 on it.

B@t™

changing the filter on this thing looks like a PITA.......

Horsepower is obviously never made by any particular part. Horsepower is made when you remove a bottleneck. That bottleneck depends on other modifications that have been done to the engine. With the right configuration, I can guarantee that this intake can make 75 hp over another intake. The trick is to always find out where the bottlenecks on your motor are. As much as the stock intake can flow, at some point the air box and filter will be a bottleneck. At that point, this intake may well make 20 hp. But if it's not the bottleneck it is not the bottleneck. I can throw on $20,000 headers, but if my restriction is not there, it won't make a single horsepower. I've seen more than one person buy a $1000 intake and drop it into a basically stock motor. And they gained nothing.

This thing looks pretty well designed. And I am certain on the right car it will make a decent amount of horsepower. But on a stock motor everyone should have realistic expectations and know that you buy it for two reasons: sound, and the elimination of airbox restriction as a bottleneck for the near future. I won't be shocked if on a car like mine which has a supercharger it makes 7 to 10 hp. But that is because I am running a factory airbox and I know from Comptech's old papers that this can be restrictive to a supercharged motor.

Hey Turbo2go,
I got the CTSC and for intake I have OEM airbox with higher flow filter and downforce intake scoop...do you think my intake side is a bottleneck with my CTSC> I was wondering if something like this would actually help my car being supercharged.

I already have header, exhaust and test pipes on the way so my exhaust side is taken care of for sure.

Hey Turbo2go,
I got the CTSC and for intake I have OEM airbox with higher flow filter and downforce intake scoop...do you think my intake side is a bottleneck with my CTSC> I was wondering if something like this would actually help my car being supercharged.

I already have header, exhaust and test pipes on the way so my exhaust side is taken care of for sure.

Junior I am not sure, but I think this is worth a try. The guys at Comptech once old me the issue is not the factory filter but the actual airbox. I too have a df scoop and uni filter now but it is going through the factory box. I do believe Les he said he got like 13 HP on his CTSC motor, but it sounds like he was already using some other filter. Still, that's a substantial gain for an intake. To me even if you get 5 it's worth it. Why don't you try it and let me know. :tongue:

Hey guys my gain was 14hp but as I have stated on many threads I had the HKS basket filter that was on the car when I bought it as well as a CTSC. I was ready to get an oem air box when I saw this CAI and went that route instead. The first thing I noticed was the sound and it was SWEET!! Then when I drove it it seemed like there was more power also. It wasn't till I had the dyno runs done that it confirmed there was more power gained by this CAI. The sound and hp gains I got will not be the same as most people unless they have a CTSC and a HKS basket filter. You will still get a nice sound from this CAI regardless of your setup but will probably be a sweeter sound if you have a SC.

this intake looks very nice but i kinda dont want to give up my carbon fiber factory intake box. basically, my intake is bone stock...purchased the car like it is but i upgraded to rdx injectors with stage 3 by prospeed and flowmaster exhaust. the rdx injectors definitely gave the car + hp, no doubt. it's very noticeable. i dont even have the dali scoup.

this intake looks very nice but i kinda dont want to give up my carbon fiber factory intake box. basically, my intake is bone stock...purchased the car like it is but i upgraded to rdx injectors with stage 3 by prospeed and flowmaster exhaust. the rdx injectors definitely gave the car + hp, no doubt. it's very noticeable. i dont even have the dali scoup.

im sure those injectors cut mpg in half tho right?

Last edited:
The injectors improve MPG?

A better spray pattern can. Efficiency=power, more power/fuel=better MPG. Nothing mysterious there. Cars with direct injection are getting better MPG as well as more power. BTW we completely destroyed this original thread. A thread for a good product.

Last edited:
A better spray pattern can. Efficiency=power, more power/fuel=better MPG. Nothing mysterious there. Cars with direct injection are getting better MPG as well as more power. BTW we completely destroyed this original thread. A thread for a good product.

sorry for derailing it - i just figured that a 440cc injector would decrease mpg over a 220cc (or whatever the #'s are)....

anyways back on topic...!

How hard is it to change the air filter on this thing? I guess you'd have to take the rear wheel off and fender liners?

sorry for derailing it - i just figured that a 440cc injector would decrease mpg over a 220cc (or whatever the #'s are)....

anyways back on topic...!

How hard is it to change the air filter on this thing? I guess you'd have to take the rear wheel off and fender liners?

You just answered your own question. Yes that is correct.

Hello! Factory intake is the best in performance. Only thing good about aftermarket intake is....the sound, the looks and if anything MAYBE a couple more hp power. The only reason I got an aftermarket intake is because it looks cool and sounds mean :biggrin:

It's just an take, let's keep it realistic!

any news from b-line? tried contacting them, no answer. i wanted to get one just for looks. :frown:

Hello! Factory intake is the best in performance. Only thing good about aftermarket intake is....the sound, the looks and if anything MAYBE a couple more hp power. The only reason I got an aftermarket intake is because it looks cool and sounds mean :biggrin:

It's just an take, let's keep it realistic!

this is exactly why i bought the the B-Line intake lol.

It passes smog as I just had mine done recently.

Hi,
The intake does actually pass smog test with the sniffer as I personally have had to smog my own NSX a couple times now, equipped with the intake. With that said it will not unfortunately pass a visual as we currently do not have CARB legalization.

-Giancarlo

It passes smog as I just had mine done recently.

For the strictest interpretation of the CA smog laws, this item will NOT PASS the visual part of the smog inspection due to it's lack of having a CARB Exemption status. Therefore any law abidding smog station should FAIL you right there.

That being said, it should not significantly add anything to overall emissions output, so you may find a smog tech that'll "let it slide", but if they were to be audited, they'd probably get fined and/or lose their smog license.

For the strictest interpretation of the CA smog laws, this item will NOT PASS the visual part of the smog inspection due to it's lack of having a CARB Exemption status. Therefore any law abidding smog station should FAIL you right there.

That being said, it should not significantly add anything to overall emissions output, so you may find a smog tech that'll "let it slide", but if they were to be audited, they'd probably get fined and/or lose their smog license.

I dont see why you cant just put the top half of the air box over it when you're getting the visual inspection and its smooth sailing.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back