• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

B-Line Motorsports NSX Cold Air Intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you already have it on their cars; I have enjoyed mine for a couple of years.

Here are some of the main attributes:

• Constructed out of aerospace quality aluminum for strength and light weight.
  • Utilizes mandrel bent 3.00” tubing with minimal, smooth flowing bends.
  • Designed to bring the air intake filter as far away from heat possible, we mounted the filter directly behind the scoop allowing for the coolest, most dense air possible while essentially creating a ram air effect.
  • Complete with highest quality silicone couplings and 100% stainless steel clamps.
  • Specially designed and developed high flow air filter with a large built in velocity stack that alone has been flow bench test for 15% more flow then other performance air filters and substantial more flow then OEM.
  • Finished in a choice of two extremely durable powder coat finishes of textured red or wrinkle black, that not only adds a strong protective coating but gives additional style to the NSX engine bay.
Please PM or call me for a special introductory offer.

Thanks!

nsx_intake2.jpg

nsx_intake_r1.jpg

nsx_intake_r2.jpg

nsx_intake3.jpg

nsx_intake_blk2.jpg

nsx_intake_blk1.jpg

Great product!!!! I have had it on my NSX for over a year and I love it. The sound was a pleasant suprise and the additional 14 horses was not bad either.:biggrin:

I agree with L. A 14 whp gain is pretty bold considering the stock intake is very efficient. Hats off if it proves true, looks like a very solid piece. Good luck with sales :)

I went from a HKS basket filter to the B-Line CAI, not from the stock airbox.

LMR: Thanks for the reply. I look forward to the data sheet.

BLine: Did you ever try playing with a 4" pipe/filter, then reducing it down to a 3" at the throttle body? I've always been curious about 4" all the way, 4"-->3" and maybe 3.5" all the way in addition to the 3" that you did.

I'll post as soon as find where I saved the files:redface:. Must be on my notebook at home so maybe tonight.

LMR: Thanks for the reply. I look forward to the data sheet.

BLine: Did you ever try playing with a 4" pipe/filter, then reducing it down to a 3" at the throttle body? I've always been curious about 4" all the way, 4"-->3" and maybe 3.5" all the way in addition to the 3" that you did.

As a matter of fact we did, but not as a cold air setup. Reason being the opening at which the tube goes through as well as the fender well area was a little to tight for comfort...!
What we did during testing was use a megaphone style tube that went from 4.00" at the filter gradually down to 3.00" at the throttle body. Doing it this way rather then just a step, was to prevent turbulence and increase air speed. But what we found was that the engine could not support the large volume of the 4" and resulted in actually slower air speeds and the low to mid range rpm band.

Thanks!
Giancarlo

Here you go.

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Ever tested this driving through heavy rain?

Yes. I daily mine and rain does not stop me from driving it. We had some heavy rain last year and no problems.

Ever tested this driving through heavy rain?

I have personally had the intake on my own car for about four years now, through all types of weather including some very heavy rain without a single problem whats so ever. Also just to keep we have a very similar intake setup for the Nissan 350Z's, which I have also had on my personal car since 2003 and again through all types of weather with never an issue.

Thanks!
Giancarlo

Hi, been following this thread for a while off and on...I am not so concerned about overall HP at this point, but a bit better throttle response is always nice...

What I am wondering is about the sound that seems to be described here....is it the "whooshing" sound that tends to come with CAI, or something different?

I have a 2003 TL-type S, and have a K & N CAI on it....I didn't really notice any power differences, but I do hear the sucking sound at idle and a kind of whooshing/and slight high pitched whining sound when accellerating....I can't say I hear any more of a growl or throaty sound from the engine... Is it possible to post a video clip with audio ?....to be honest, I just like the "cool" factor these mods tend to bring when the hood is up....

thanks

This intake will definitly have more volume from the engine compared to the stock airbox and snorkel. The way the stock one is designed: the thickness of the plastic and just the design as a whole does muffle the motor sound.

Had Giancarlo's B-line CAI installed to replace HKS air basket filter, like Les'. All I can say was that there was instant noticeable power or that the HKS piece was a POS :). Response was instant, sound was very impressive. Probably one of the best and most reasonable mod for the NSX. Too bad they're hard to keep stocked. Make sure you check first from Giancarlo. Also, don't worry about the rain--never had any issues when I drove in the rain. Just cover the driver's side vent when washing your car. Kudos to Giancarlo's CAI and customer service!

Gents, it takes a lot of H20 to hydrolock your engine. You would virtually need to submerge the entire filter in water for that to be an issue.

For my heatsoaking CTSC... I welcome rain! Bring it on! Saves me the expense of getting a water/meth injection system.

Gents, it takes a lot of H20 to hydrolock your engine. You would virtually need to submerge the entire filter in water for that to be an issue.

Yes, and for that to happen with this system, the water line would have to be up past the middle of the door!!

This is the only guy I think that might have a problem... :biggrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5euSjOBYQY

Are there any dyno sheets from a non s/c'd NSX floating around??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back