• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

B-Line Motorsports NSX Cold Air Intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents, it takes a lot of H20 to hydrolock your engine. You would virtually need to submerge the entire filter in water for that to be an issue.

For my heatsoaking CTSC... I welcome rain! Bring it on! Saves me the expense of getting a water/meth injection system.

Rain
My concer is that in heavy rain the filter gets wet like hell. I do not know if it is good to have the oiled filter to be wet!?

Sound
I just love the "sucking" noise of the engine on high revs with WOT. Is this system providing this sound or do you think that an aftermarket airbox system is louder!?

Hi Guys,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
I apologize for the long delay on our next batch of intake systems; we ran into a problem with our tubing supplier but have straightened that out and are back on track. Everyone will be contacted once ready to ship!
<o:p> </o:p>
As for the concern of rain and the filter, I can honestly tell you I have had this kit on my personal NSX for the past five years through all kinds of weather, including heavy rain and have never had a problem. The filter would essentially need to be submerged for something to really happen.
<o:p> </o:p>
This kit defiantly has the sound you’re looking for!! At WOT it sounds amazing, especially with V-Tech engaged! You won’t really get that sound with an “airbox” style system.

Thanks,
-Giancarlo

Where's the dyno sheet for an NA NSX? And how is this different than the Dali python intake that snakes into the fender?

Looks like we all gave BLine some homework to do! It'll be a good investment on their part :biggrin:

nsx_intake2.jpg

How are these hoses re-connected or are they just left like that?

Can't wait!! :biggrin:

this is the email I received from Giancarlo:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in our intake system!

All OE vacuum lines get reconnected to the new intake system. Depending on your model year there is either going to be one or two hose hookups. The crankcase ventilation hose (larger hose) gets connected onto the bottom of our intake system, this hose will be there regardless of year and was placed on the bottom for ascetics reasons. The second hose which is on earlier model years gets connected to the front side of our intake system with a supplied fitting. You may not see this hose on the images, because that particular year did not have the vacuum line.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

Thanks,
-Giancarlo
B-Line Motorsports

Where's the dyno sheet for an NA NSX? And how is this different than the Dali python intake that snakes into the fender?

Dali's doesn't have the colored pipe, but he offered to powdercoat one when i asked him. Dali offers a good filter and a wet sock thats fits around it. I wanted one but neither will fit in my widebody fenders. B-line was helpful when i sent pics trying to see if it would work.

this is the email I received from Giancarlo:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in our intake system!

All OE vacuum lines get reconnected to the new intake system. Depending on your model year there is either going to be one or two hose hookups. The crankcase ventilation hose (larger hose) gets connected onto the bottom of our intake system, this hose will be there regardless of year and was placed on the bottom for ascetics reasons. The second hose which is on earlier model years gets connected to the front side of our intake system with a supplied fitting. You may not see this hose on the images, because that particular year did not have the vacuum line.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

Thanks,
-Giancarlo
B-Line Motorsports

Pretty sure my 02 has both hoses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back