• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

car hauler to NSXPO 2012

Dear Florida/Southeast NSXers...

I'm gauging interest in hiring a car hauler to take NSXs to Colorado for NSXPO 2012 in September.

ChicNSX is already on board.

Anyone else?

We'll need about 10 cars to make this feasible financially. My guess is about $1900 round trip.

Wei-Shen

Wei- Shen please let us know what carrier you may use,if we could fill another truck from the NE maybe a 2 truck discount could be possible.

FYI: I got a quote from the NY area with Intercity for 7 NSXs at $9,095 one way including $595 fuel surcharge. I thought 7 was the max number of NSXs that could fit in an enclosed trailer?

Since there are a few of us trying to put together enclosed trailers, I will contact the NSXPO2012 committee to see if Flatiron Acura, the sponsoring dealer, would be able to hook us up with transport since they may be able to get more favorable rates.

Perhaps we should move all these threads to NSXPO2012 thread?

I am not looking forward to following a semi all the way there.

is anyone gonna drive up from Florida in their NSX.

I will guard the semi all the way there with my life and Glock

Im interested also.

Bob, you are correct that 7 is the most you can fit in an enclosed trailer. We had 10 in an open trailer to NSXPO 2003 in San Fran.

I will get specific quotes for both enclosed and open trailers this week. Stay tuned. Have used Intercity in the past and happy with their service.

WS

I like the idea too. It was a long drive back from Tucson and going both ways to Denver isn't too appealing.

Are you looking one way or round trip, Wei-Shen?

Oh, and it doesn't have to be enclosed for me.

Last edited:
I have a firm quote from Intercity. Enclosed trailer holding 7 NSXs.

$8025 each way total cost.

That would be $2293 per car roundtrip. More than open trailer but only $390. Worth it in my opinion.

Pick up would be Orlando (site TBA) probably 3 days prior to NSXPO start (likely Sept.10). Return to Orlando probably Sept.21 (pick up after track event on Sept.18)

If these dates are not what the group wants, let's find ones that are.

Once I have all the final details I will start collecting deposits. We need a FIRM committment or else this won't fly...

Doc John....not sure if we can get a two truck discount...but I will ask....

Wei-Shen

Would like to have a couple of days either before or after NSXPO to do some touring. Is it possible to leave or return two days earlier or later? Don't know if storage of vehicles for arrival/transport in Denver would allow for that.
Thanks,
David

We'll probably need to talk to the local hosting Acura dealer. Probably the only place we can safely leave cars for those not arriving until later.

I just received an update email from Intercity. They need 5-7 days to transport to Denver...not 3. So we would need to pick up cars no later than Sept.8 and earlier of there is a desire to drive around prior to the event.

I've managed to schedule some appointments and will be driving out on my own. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Ole

Hey Guys,

I am doing some work with the car movers and I am going to see if I can get you a better deal than what has been quoted.

Stay tuned..

Here is what I got back.

Looks like we can do the Orlando to Denver car trailer move for $6800. 7 cars enclosed or 10 open trailer.

Shawn,

I assume you are a concealed weapons permit holder. Make sure all of the states you are traveling to have reciprocity with FL otherwise you may not make it to NSXPO.:frown:

I am not looking forward to following a semi all the way there.

is anyone gonna drive up from Florida in their NSX.

I will guard the semi all the way there with my life and Glock

yeah when I get pulled over I flip my wallet out and always show the permit first so they know there is a gun in the car.

as for other states I dont show them the permit first I hand them my license and close my wallet

I've had a long detailed discussion with Bob Rorhing from the transport company Acme Car Shipping based out of Denver.

7 cars, enclosed trailer, $6800 each way.
Takes 5-6 days to get to Denver.
They have a storage facility in Auburn, not far from the airport.
This means you can take a cab from the airport to the lot and pick up your car.
It also means that if you want to drop off your car on Sunday because you are not attending the track event, you can.
For those attending the track event, we can drop off our cars on Tuesday evening or Wednesday am (depending on our flight arrangements)
Let's decide which day we need the cars to arrive in Denver. My recommendation is Tuesday or Wednesday of NSXPO week. If earlier, we're OK. If later by one day, we're OK. If you want to fly there a day earlier and pick up your car you can.

I will pay for the transport. I will be shipping two cars, possibly three (2 NSXs and my R8 GT). My recommendation is that we select a location on the west side of Orlando (say Ocoee or Windermere) and drop off the cars. The carrier will then get on the turnpike and head northwest towards Denver. There is a huge Manheim Auction facility in Ocoee and everybody is used to seeing carriers full of cars.

So....next step, I need to collect $$. $1000 deposit (check is fine) needs to be mailed to me:

Wei-Shen Chin
1312 Lake Whitney Dr.
Windermere, FL 34786
407-832-0176
[email protected]

When I receive your check, your spot is confirmed. The remaining balance will be due two weeks before we leave, approx Sept. 7.

Any questions, please email, text or call me!

Looks like it will be a fabulous NSXPO!

Wei-Shen

OK everyone, let's get this organized.

As of today I have FOUR NSXs committed with deposits paid.

1) ChicNSX
2) David Moore
3) CHINSX
4) NSXRAY

There are 3 spots left. $1000 deposit required. Balance due the week before we depart.

Alright everyone. It's now early May and I have only 4 cars committed and paid for.

I am setting a deadline of May 30. If you're interested in being part of this transporter and have NOT yet contacted me and paid your deposit, I need to hear from you in the next three weeks. Call/text me at 407-832-0176. Do not PM me from this site as I do not always check this address.

If we are not able to fill up the transporter, alternate arrangements will need to be made which would be a real bummer.....

WS

Back