• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 NSX - Should I keep OEM Parts

Keep them or Sell Them

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im actually very curious, how does it drive with the 19/20s?!?!? the profile even no the rears look rubber band thin... pothole issues at all?

im actually very curious, how does it drive with the 19/20s?!?!? the profile even no the rears look rubber band thin... pothole issues at all?

It's a stiff ride given the tires and size of the wheels. NO issues with potholes since I avoid them and most streets in my aread are in relatively good repair.

I do have coil overs which I think add to the stiffer ride but the handling is terrific.

I am thinking of putting on the original 17" to see how they look as I have never seen them on the car. I am also curious as to the ride difference.

It's always a good idea to keep the OEM parts. Imagine buying a 67 Corvette that was highly modified (new engine, seats, wheels) and then they guy says "oh by the way, I have the original seats, OEM knockoffs and the original 427 big block with the three two barrel carb set up". How happy would you be?

The NSX will be in the same league as the Corvette (if not more collectible..less made). Keep the OEM stuff.

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT example!!! Says it all.
A real life example here... I just sold my 66 Chevelle last week having listed it for only 1 week. The owner basically said he loved all the things I did to my car and that he would have done it the same, however, the reason why he bought it was due to documentation of all mods done AND because I kept all the stock parts which are getting more impossible to find.

When it comes time to sell (if the time ever comes) the fact that you kept the parts will be worth more to you then than the few $k's they may fetch now.

$0.02

Last edited:
I'd Definately Keep them! I had to put my Stock Wheels back on
everytime I bent / dinged up my 18 & 19's while being repaired...

Back