• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 NSX - Should I keep OEM Parts

Keep them or Sell Them

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I bought an 02 NSX in perfect condition from FL with 16k miles on it. The owner has done some modifications but kept every part taken off the car. For example:

Downforce front chin spoiler & side rocker panels
Seibion TR rear spoiler
Stance coil over adjustable suspension
HKS computer monitoring system in Honda Nav Pod
Savinni's 20's in the rear and 19's in the front
iPhone hookup cable - factory radio
Push button start

I have ALL the original parts, I paid just under 1k to ship all the parts from FL fedex to me in MA. I am storing them in the Garage. Should I sell them since they all are relatively new or hag on to them

I am thinking some day if I sell the car (Maybe Never) it will be worth more?

What does prime think?

Easy answer. Keep OEM parts, return to OEM upon resale. Then sell aftermarket parts.

Anyone who tells you different just wants your OEM parts.

I absolutely believe you should keep them if you are concerned with resale value. There are more buyers interested in original cars and if you do end up selling the car in the future I think you would be glad you held onto them.

It's always a good idea to keep the OEM parts. Imagine buying a 67 Corvette that was highly modified (new engine, seats, wheels) and then they guy says "oh by the way, I have the original seats, OEM knockoffs and the original 427 big block with the three two barrel carb set up". How happy would you be?

The NSX will be in the same league as the Corvette (if not more collectible..less made). Keep the OEM stuff.

It's always a good idea to keep the OEM parts. Imagine buying a 67 Corvette that was highly modified (new engine, seats, wheels) and then they guy says "oh by the way, I have the original seats, OEM knockoffs and the original 427 big block with the three two barrel carb set up". How happy would you be?

The NSX will be in the same league as the Corvette (if not more collectible..less made). Keep the OEM stuff.

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT example!!! Says it all.

Keep the parts. Trust me. I've spent way more locating the parts I practically gave away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep the OEM parts...

sell me your 02 OEM wheels, those just take up space :cool:

Keep without question. You've already paid to have them shipped to you. For the amount you will get from selling, you'll never be able to replace them (especially painted body panels) and later on, like others have said you may want to return to OEM, or OEM with a twist (even NSX-R look). In addition, when you sell it you will make out MUCH better selling the car in stock form, and selling off ALL the aftermarket parts. OEM car's always fetch much better money down the road.

Keep for sure. Made the mistake of selling a lot of my oem s2000 parts for aftermarket, hated it at resale time.

Keep. My basement is cluttered with orig parts. Mint phat 5 wheels, rear valance, wing, steering wheel....

Keep. I did a bunch of mods and kept all the OE parts.
And they are all mint.:biggrin:

02+ wheels +2 extra bbs valve caps
02+ headlights +2 extra sets (I put led's in mine)
02+ tail lights (changed to LED tails) and one extra set just in case:wink:
center console
head unit
complete speaker set
Hood
tail
shift knob
mats
front marker lights

I'll be happy to "store" those 02 wheels for you..

got 4 perfect spots set aside for them :cool:

you should sell them to me...so i can keep them and sell them back to you later :biggrin:

That being said keep them and follow post #2

First thing I would do is put the factory wheels back on and get rid of the 19/20s
Keep the rest!

+1 Have to agree that the factory wheels are really nice unless you have "other" goals for the car

Correct wheels ensure that you can use the car near it's limits

...and isn't that the point of owning a sports car in the first place, DRIVE IT

Back