• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My New Build, 1992 NSX-R Conversion- Long way to go

So My plan is to make it look like an Nsx-r

Championship white, black top and mirrors, Nsx-r wing, shave front and rear side markers, and already has the r style hood

Might be changing the front end back to stock as well...

So When I first bought the car, the Radio really didnt work well, wiring was all messed up so I gutted everything and did it right...

I am getting the center console and center air vent refinished, like my old Nsx, will be gloss black sprayed at a body shop

I just got the blox 490 shift knob, its 490 grams weighted vs skunk2 knobs of 450

IMAG0769-1.jpg

added a center channel component using an MB quart midrange and suspended tweeter with a eclipse crossover (its better than the mb one)

IMAG0714.jpg

Cut out the stock oem center channel to fit the new 5.25" driver, i did not add the grille b/c it made it look ugly, ill just have to dust it off every few months

IMAG0713.jpg

Putting components up front, but instead of mounting the tweeters in the door, went with behind the rear seat panels

IMAG0716.jpg

Looks clean imo, the center channel really helps

IMAG0717.jpg

Im using an alpine 4 channel amp mounted in the trunk
Right now I have ALL highs and no Lows, I see everyone put a big sub in the passenger footwell, but doesnt look really functional for my GF

So this is what I suggest

its from crutchfield, only 3.25" thick 8" driver with 120 watts rms built in amp too

x777B8PT-f.jpg

I cant believe no one has tried putting this in yet, or wrote about it

Now to gut the stock bose subwoofer and box and brackets

IMAG0783.jpg

IMAG0784.jpg

run some power wire

IMAG0788.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pic, but its just sitting in the foot well right now, I am going to try and mount it under the glovebox where it seems to fit just fine with plenty of room, sub sounds pretty good for what it is, and was only $160

IMAG0792.jpg

Now lets move onto my rims

18x10 35mm in rear 275/35 S drives

17x8 48mm in front 215/40

Rota G-force in hyperblack with Muteki black open ended lugs

IMAG0771.jpg

IMAG0770.jpg

Currently how my car sits now

IMAG0802.jpg

IMAG0801.jpg

IMAG0799.jpg

IMAG0796.jpg

New pics on interior updated 1/29/11

I busted out the q-tips and cleaned all the vents

IMAG0817-1.jpg

IMAG0818-1.jpg

Just got the interior pieces back from the shop

IMAG0856.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

Love how the Crystal ball shift knob shines around the new black console haha

IMG_0513.jpg

I just got a momo tuner black with red stitching wheel and a newer nrg 2.0 quick release, will install after body paint change

2/6/2011

Finally got some parts in that I needed:

-Oem side markers
-Front bumper rubber gaskets
-Tow hook cover
-NSX blank key
-Misc screws

IMAG0881.jpg

2/27/2012

The nsx-r wing is back ordered for a month, couldnt wait so dropped the car to the body shop

IMAG0967.jpg

shaved front markers lookin good
IMAG0970.jpg

IMAG0969.jpg

IMAG0977.jpg

IMAG0976.jpg

IMAG0974.jpg

3/9/2012
IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

Nice and wet

IMG_0554.jpg

Last edited:
Why not get 02+ wheels and paint them white? I agree on putting the front end back to stock ;).

Good luck!

I love the look of red type R's.

I think it would be cool if you did a 1992 na1 Type R because not many people have done it. imo the 02+ is a bit redundant.

I would definitely return your front end to stock.

Nice RM muffler!

NA1 type R would just be more about details... JDM fenders/ sidemarkers, dark taillights, badging... wheels. the big money would be interior if done properly.

REturn back to stock front, nice place for the amp, can't believe no one thought of that.

REturn back to stock front, nice place for the amp, can't believe no one thought of that.

Its not just the amp, its a amplified subwoofer enclosure with similar dimensions to the stock enclosure, 3.25" thick and houses an 8 inch driver/box and amp, comes with wired bass remote and they have a special right now which included a wiring kit, all for $160 shipped, cant beat it

Floor has plenty of leg room for the passenger still

didn't you have a dark green nsx?

Ya, I sold it and was going to get an exige, but came across this nsx for a good price, needs work to get to my liking, but well worth it. I like to take on project cars as a hobby, then when they are all fixed up start all over again

The major work would be the side markers (front and rear). Other than that, it's relatively simple. The interior will be $$$$$ as well.

6259562174_f651d8518d_b.jpg

Last edited:
interesting... the car definatley needs some work; but like all nsx' tasteful changes can go a loooong way

looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Ya, I sold it and was going to get an exige, but came across this nsx for a good price, needs work to get to my liking, but well worth it. I like to take on project cars as a hobby, then when they are all fixed up start all over again

very hot! don't forget the 02+ conversion :)

Im not going with the 02 front end, im putting the na1 stock front end back on. Its not going to be a full nsxr exterior conversion, but more a best of both worlds with the nsxr in mind lol

Here are the plans:

-Championship white paint, including painting the hood completely white (many say im crazy for covering up the nicely laid CF, but it looks funny with a section left CF imo)

-Black top and mirrors (I know the NA1 NSXR has white mirrors, but i like black better)

-Shave the stock front turn signal and add side markers, but leave the rear red marker there (i dont like how the nsx looks if everything is shaved front to back)

-Nsx-r style CF wing with brake light

-Paint the rear 02 valance correctly with the black accents

-Leave the current skirts on and add a wings west front lip

-Shave the front emblem

Everything should be done by the end of this month, I will be posting up pics of the paint progress weekly

Really nice!! So the big question is..

Are you going to put an NA1 R badge on it or an NA2 R badge?

I never knew there was a difference.

Nice project I am sure it will look amazing when completed.

awesome updatE!!! dont forget to keep the portions of teh front and back bumpers that are supposed to be black, black!

Looks great. But if you shaved the front markers and did full paint, why not shave the rear? :confused:

Looks great. But if you shaved the front markers and did full paint, why not shave the rear? :confused:

I don't like how the rear panel looks without the sidemarker. I like how the red lense contrasts on the white, and when the rear is shaved it looks too bare in my opinion.

Back