• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Orleans NSX Owners

Looking to get an idea of how many NSX owners we have in the area here on Prime.

I know of a silver NSX that lives in the Uptown area.

Last night I saw a white one for the first time pull into the apartments by the lakefront just south of Landry's.

I know the red NSX that used to belong to the service manager at Walker Acura is still in the area, and I've heard of a yellow one.

So... we must have a handful of owners. Are you one of them?

(I own the blk/blk '91 with '02+ wheels)

I live in Baton Rouge. I have a Blk/Blk 96 NSX, Comptech headers and cold air intake, Taitec parallel exit exhaust, Lowered 1.25 inches, Koni Adjustables, beautiful last generationTSW Montage Wheels , 9 X 10.5 rear, 18 X 8 front. It is an absolutely stunning automobile. I also have the Japanese "H" center on the back as well as the Japanese tail lights with the yellow turn signals.

I have been injured since March 2010 after a fall off of a roof, and just recently endured five grueling surgeries to save my right foot . I am gonna be in bed for the next 6-9 months.

I used to go to NOLA weekly, and, saw another Blk/Blk one night but did not have time to talk to the guy. This car gets sooo much attention when I drive it. People would stop me all the time (all day everyday) and ask me what it is when I used to drive it. Car is currently in climate controlled storage In NOLA until I get well. I look forward to hooking up with you guys when I am on the mend.

Car hauls big ass. One of my last times driving it I made it from Highland road exit of I-10 in Baton Rouge to Clearview in New Orleans in 29 minutes at 3:30a.m. I hightly recomend the Valentine One as a radar detector.

Take care.

P.S. Besides draining gasoline tank and putting in new gas and an oil change, what would you recomend I do when the lucky day comes to fire it up again and drive it?

I stay in Lafayette and got an apt in baton rouge.. Black on black 91.. Have a lot of family in new Orleans.
Looking to get an idea of how many NSX owners we have in the area here on Prime.

I know of a silver NSX that lives in the Uptown area.

Last night I saw a white one for the first time pull into the apartments by the lakefront just south of Landry's.

I know the red NSX that used to belong to the service manager at Walker Acura is still in the area, and I've heard of a yellow one.

So... we must have a handful of owners. Are you one of them?

(I own the blk/blk '91 with '02+ wheels)

i just bought a '91 blk/blk from an md in houston. its going thru an overhaul right now for wp, timing belt, clutch, and etc. hopefully i can have it done in a month to drive her around nola.

Hey REGULAR. Good luck with your project. Where are you buying your parts. I need some stuff, but the Acura dealership here in BR wants to bend me over for everything.

I remember i used to buy OEM parts at great discounts from a dealer in Georgia and have them shipped over in one day. Can you give me any info on OEM parts at a reasonable price?

i have a 95 blk/blk and i stay in New Orleans. i think i met you quiksilver at nola sports one time when you was tracking your X. i had black wheels on at that time but now i have a new set of wheels. there's quite a few X owner around here but are not active on this forum. would love to get a day where we all can meet up somewhere like the lakefront and check out each other X.

regular - is that you Bac?

IBCOOL - buy your oem part for acura of augusta, their prices are cheaper brand new then some people selling their parts for used. i highly recommend them as they are very helpful, fast shipping, and prices are best i seen on here. here's the link to their thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117261

acuraoemparts.com (aka delray acura) is where i shop all my oem parts. i shop from dali racing too.

yea its me khanh. how you been man?

There was a guy and his wife who live in Baton Rouge, GregZ. He was super active a few years back, but I haven't seen him post in a while. His NSX was his "Cheap" car as I remember, but a favorite.

Miner

Hey :)
Yeah that would be me. It was actually Alexandria. The wife decided to leave late 09 and attempt to take half. I decided that that wasn't gonna happen and arranged for the banks to take 100% of everything. Of course that included the X :-(
I've been in NOLA since late 10 starting over from scratch. I obviously don't have my X any more but would love to hang out with yawl if there's a get together. I just bought a 85 Vette with LS1, I could park down the street lol.
Ive seen a black X a few times on the EB near the HPL like on River Rd.

I just bought a 93 nsx black on black a few days ago in the new orleans area. I would like if a couple of us could meet a Nola motor sports some time in the near future.

WOW new orleans is starting to have a lot of nsx. my X is unfortunately apart at the moment getting some things taken care of but when all is done i'll try to gather up a few people i know that also own an nsx and see if we all can meet up somewhere and take a group cruise to the lake front on a nice sunday. check back offen as i should be hopefully done in a few week and will send everyone a pm to see if we all can come up with a date to meet up.

I think there needs to be a Cars & Coffee in NO during an LSU game weekend... I can't justify going down from Shreveport otherwise :p It'd be cool to see so many in person in the big easy.

i understand NSX-ey, shreveport is pretty far for just a meet. i always wonder why NO never had a cars & coffee but we always have the big annual lakefront meet unfortunately only once a year.

ill send everyone a pm jerminator when i get my X back together again.

I have a red 1998 NSX-T. I live by the lakefront in NOLA but I usually keep her garaged in Baton Rouge. It would be great to meet up with some other owners. Please send me an email if a meet is setup.

Daniel
[email protected]

Wow, I hadn't checked in on this thread in a while. Glad to hear there's a decent crowd gathering here on Prime. I think a meeting at Nola Motorsports Park would be a very good idea. I'm a member at the track and could use some additional NSX guys in the mix.

This would be an excellent opportunity to discuss the usual service, upgrades and mods. No better way to decide than to see it yourself. I just ordered the window regulator upgrade kit from Hugabuga, would love to see if any of you have done the install and get any advice in person.

Anyways, I'll check in once I get back in town. Out in SoCal for the Thanksgiving holiday with family.

See you guys soon,
Jorge

I went out in the blue Rsx type s and won first place :) I really wanted to take the X because I just bought it and the only reason I took the Rsx was because I'm trying to sell it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353976292.407471.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357091343.336858.jpg

I know it's short notice but if anyone wants to meet Jan 13 @ Nola Motorsport I will be there with some friends. I hope to see some of you guys there.

View attachment 96373

I know it's short notice but if anyone wants to meet Jan 13 @ Nola Motorsport I will be there with some friends. I hope to see some of you guys there.

I might be able to make it. Depends on if you can pry me off the Corvette forum because the C7 is debuting that day at the International Detroit Auto Show.

The first NSX in my life (1992 Sebring Silver / Onyx) was bought by a guy from Metarie, LA. I often wonder if the car is still there. The guy's name was Wes Ralston, and I would love to find out if he still has it if anyone knows him. I have may fond memories of that car.

Reviving this thread since it's been quiet since January and it's driving season now.

I just stumbled across it. Always looking for an excuse to drive over to NOLA. I was fairly active with the NOLA S2000 crew a few years ago before I sold the S. If any of you run with NOSR, you may know my son, Rob. (11 second Mopar Neon, drift setup 200SX/SR20DET, stroked EVO8)

I'll be watching this thread for a get-together. Used to be 3 or 4 NSXs over here but I think all the others have sold out of the area.

I've been seeing a Black NSX tooling around the Stumberg area of Baton Rouge. Saw him cruising in the rain the other day and was surprised to see a NSX out in the weather.

Back