• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Regularly scheduled coffee meets

What a great time with wonderful people enjoying an awesome movie!
Thank you for the calm before the storm (impending birth of my son). Not likely to have time for the near future.

Thanks again!
J.

Isn't that the truth - forget movies or life as you know it for a while buddy! :redface:

Very true R!
I'd love to attend next week's meet if I can.

It's Tuesday before the meet so I'll start the list:

1) 02#154
2)
3)
4)
5)

J

1) 02#154
2) Operand (was Postfix. Not sure about lunch)
3)
4)
5)

1) 02#154
3) Xetronic (Yellow)
4) REDNSXT
5)
6)

Since we meet in Fremont this time, I'm thinking of doing a short drive thru 84 to Calaveras and end at Milpitas. I went up to James Lick Observatory last weekend with couple friends (first time from Livermore side) and it was fun.

P5270747.jpg

P5270761.jpg

P5270764.jpg

1) 02#154
3) Xetronic (Yellow)
4) REDNSXT
5) Dhalsim
6)

I'd love to join you guys, but it would probably be bad to drive 50 miles to Fremont (and back) with a timing belt that's almost old enough to vote.

Next time...

1) 02#154
3) Xetronic (Yellow)
4) REDNSXT
5) Dhalsim
6) mikec_587
7)
8)
9)
10)

1) 02#154
3) Xetronic (Yellow)
4) REDNSXT
5) Dhalsim
6) mikec_587
7) Ben
8) Edub
9)
10)

Hi all,
Just had my first beer in I don't know how long. Those of you who know me, know that I do not drink alcohol. Super light weight. So I will try to meet everyone for lunch. Yes I'm skipping the meet and going directly to the food.
Hope this is ok. I mean my grammar...
Good night,
nsxtaxi

Have a great time at the meet tomorrow. I still haven't gotten my nsx back yet. Having lots of work done on it. New SOS clutch, short shifter, endura light exhaust, rerouted O2 sensor wiring. Can't wait to get it back.
Until the next meet.
Fernando

Hi all,
Just had my first beer in I don't know how long. Those of you who know me, know that I do not drink alcohol. Super light weight. So I will try to meet everyone for lunch. Yes I'm skipping the meet and going directly to the food.
Hope this is ok. I mean my grammar...
Good night,
nsxtaxi

I'm probably not gonna be getting lunch with the group today. Got stuff to do at about 1

J

Have a great time at the meet tomorrow. I still haven't gotten my nsx back yet. Having lots of work done on it. New SOS clutch, short shifter, endura light exhaust, rerouted O2 sensor wiring. Can't wait to get it back.

Is yours the one at Hilltop?

car is down doing some mods ill be up for the next meet plus my ac sucks it aint working gonna fix that while im at it

The next one of these is on the 7th of July, right?

hey guys,

If you want to do the next meet at my shop, I'll be happy to open our doors and have you guys over to hang out.

(sorry our bbq has been delayed as we are trying to get the lift and other things installed)

James: If the meet is on July 7th, let me know and we can make plans since we are just behind the Home Depot and REI in Fremont so not far from the usual gathering place.

cheers
rick

hey guys,

If you want to do the next meet at my shop, I'll be happy to open our doors and have you guys over to hang out.

(sorry our bbq has been delayed as we are trying to get the lift and other things installed)

James: If the meet is on July 7th, let me know and we can make plans since we are just behind the Home Depot and REI in Fremont so not far from the usual gathering place.

cheers
rick

Well technically the meet is supposed to be at Bridgepoint in San Mateo in July according to the 1st post in this thread. However Fremont would be a closer drive for me.

BUT.........you are awfully close to those power lines that run right along Auto Mall Pkwy so that's a serious concern right?

Well technically the meet is supposed to be at Bridgepoint in San Mateo in July according to the 1st post in this thread. However Fremont would be a closer drive for me.

BUT.........you are awfully close to those power lines that run right along Auto Mall Pkwy so that's a serious concern right?

We are NOWHERE near the power lines :biggrin: If I was within a distance I felt it was bad, I would never have gotten this new place. I bring my daughter here and spend a lot of time at the shop so would never risk it.

We are closer to City Beach off Fremont Blvd.

I was just messing with you bro. :biggrin:

Maybe some free DRL kits at the meet will get people to come. :smile:

I was just messing with you bro. :biggrin:

Maybe some free DRL kits at the meet will get people to come. :smile:

Yea I know :)

Call me superstitious or too Asian....haha

A whole section of really expensive Fremont hill homes are directly under power lines so I guess some people don't care.

This month's meet is coming up: Saturday, July 7.

The meet time is the usual 10:04 am. Please arrive promptly, as it's a real drag to wait around until 10:07 for everyone to get there so we can go in and get our coffee. :biggrin:

It's supposed to be in San Mateo this month:

Starbucks
2292 Bridgepointe Pkwy
San Mateo‎

I say "supposed to" because there have been posts talking about moving it to S4Play's shop in Fremont this month. I'm not going to make it to the meet this month due to previous plans I made so i won't impose my preference to the whole group.

I've always wanted this monthly meet to take on a life of its own so that every month NSX owners and other car enthusiasts would know there's a meet - they just have to find out where by checking Prime. Going back and forth between Fremont and San Mateo gave what I thought was a good opportunity for all of the greater bay area folks to make it to meets. I'm glad that people have come to look forward to our meets :smile:

So, it's on for San Mateo. But if someone wants to organize it for an alternate location, I encourage them to take the initiative to move it. That said, it's been a while since we were actually in San Mateo because we moved the last San Mateo meet to Dublin for the Avengers movie. But it's up to the group.

J

Back